PDA

View Full Version : The Lifetime Achievement Ciddie is Awarded to Spatvark

Queen Award, First of Her Name
12-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Every once in a while, we hand out the Lifetime Achievement Ciddie to those members who have contributed significantly to Eyes on Final Fantasy over many years. Today we honor Spatvark. Spatvark has been both a forums staff and a site staff. In particular, his contributions to the EoFF frontsite have been unprecedented. Here are what some of his former colleagues have to say about him:

I can't [say] it with absolute certainty as there are no records of this kind of thing, but I think it's safe to say that Spatvark has coded more pages for Eyes on Final Fantasy than anyone in it's history. Multiple versions of EoFF have been and gone while Spatvark remained on staff, ensuring a few things. Firstly, that pages would be coded. Secondly, that he did more work than anyone else. Thirdly, to let us all know how much work he does. ;) Seriously, though - during EoFF's peak years (for both the site and forums) Spatvark was there getting the content onto the site and doing his best to teach others how to do the same so they could help him out. Once he taught members how to help them out, he'd beat them to the chance by coding up all the pages again in a different way. Chances are, if you came to EoFF through the frontsite, he worked on the page you first saw at EoFF. And it should be remembered that at the time Spatvark was here doing his thing, EoFF really did rise up above and beyond all other Final Fantasy sites. I would not be surprised if Spatvark's work for EoFF has made a difference to our member 'population' in a big way - perhaps thousands of members have registered because of how EoFF evolved while he was here! He was a fantastic Site Staff, a fantastic Senior Site Staff and, although many of you may not have been around for it, he was a great Cid's Knight, too. His greatest achievement on forums staff was, without doubt, not flaming the members of EoFF. Well, at least, not every day... :D

Never relying on his charisma, Spatvark never won Best Site Staff, which is a real shame. And boy would he remind us of that! However, he has won the Highwind Award for Best Site Staff. Still, that one award probably doesn't do him justice for his years of service. While a Best Regular Ciddie and three Best Writer awards will certainly show off his ability to get involved in other ends of the community, I don't think these were the ones he was after. I hope that, even though he probably won't admit it (and will probably still demand we give him Best Site Staff ;)), this award will give him the recognition that he - and I - always felt he deserved. You know what, nah, that's rubbish, he probably won't care. Selfless, eh? No, just a bastard. :D But I love the guy and what he's done for this place puts him as one of the greatest members to ever register at EoFF and yeah, his place in our history is written and deserved. Thanks, Spatty!

The was once a legend, shrouded in great secrecy, of a man, neigh a machine that once visited these parts. Some may have known him as Spatty, some even as Spartvark and of course there was also snhcooms but alas I am getting distracted.

As I said, Spatvark was a machine, a coding machine. Much of what you see today on the front site was once touched by his blessed claw, many, many times over.

So raise a glass to this brilliant man, whom without we probably wouldn't have even a third of the content on the front site that we have.

We at Eyes On Salute you Spatvark!

Spatty was a great guy and all, but he had a dark side. He told me never to tell anyone his deepest, darkest secret, but in the interest of full disclosure for this award I should probably come out with it. You see, one time Spatvark...*gets shot by sniper*

Thank you Spatvark for your achievements!

Lifetime Achievement Ciddie Recipients
Big Ogre Umaro (aka GokuKid749876)
Cid
Citizen Bleys
Dr Unne (aka God)
Loony BoB
ShlupQuack
Spatvark

Psychotic
12-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Spatvark used to be the only CK who could keep me and Strife under control back in the day. Props to that man for that. This award is truly deserved and I think EoFF would be a better place with him still here.

chionos
12-21-2011, 07:36 PM
I always wanted to know what Spat's secret was. It's a damn shame what happened to Del. I'm glad he didn't die, but he hasn't been the same since.

Happy to see him get a LAA. It's so sad, though, when people win awards posthumously.

Raistlin
12-21-2011, 07:40 PM
I miss Spatty. :( He also designed tGA's old frontsite!

A well-deserved award.

fire_of_avalon
12-21-2011, 10:45 PM
I think I was arriving at the tail-end of his time as a staffer. I remember talking to him a spare few times, which is obviously a shame for me.

Thanks for helping get me here. :D

Jiro
12-22-2011, 01:45 AM
There is a lot of information on the front site. A lot of information. The guy's a hero whether he did all or part of that. I didn't know the guy personally but I sure heard good things about him, which should say a lot.

He'll never get that Best Site Staff ciddie though.

The Man
12-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Goddammit I miss Spat. He was awesome. Thanks for reminding me of his existence and the hole he left nimy heart when he disappeared from the internets, jerkoffs. :mad:

Rantz
12-22-2011, 09:32 AM
:up:

Shlup
12-22-2011, 10:55 AM
I keep trying to think of something nice to say but I barely remember him and he's not here so I'm going to eat a popsicle instead.

Loony BoB
12-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Yay Spatty. =] I sent Spatty an email regarding this so hopefully he'll stop by and insult us.

Peegee
12-22-2011, 04:40 PM
what is shlupduck doing on that list?

Spatty Poo Poo! A tyrant and a gentleman tied up in the same chair! Hurrahs and celebrations for all!

Baloki
12-22-2011, 10:39 PM
wDajqW561KM

Hollycat
12-22-2011, 10:46 PM
!!!!!!youtube embedding!!!!!

on another note;
Inever knew Spatvark, but still I mourn his pass-.. what?
hes not dead?

sorry folks wrong speech.
Congrats Spat whomever you are

Del Murder
12-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Another Spam Brigade member on the list. Soon, we will all be lifetime award winners. How many W-boats have won this award? Hmmm Psychotic?

Baloki
12-22-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm just biding my time...

Shlup
12-22-2011, 11:24 PM
BALOKI I THOUGHT WE WERE KEEPING THAT SECRET.

Baloki
12-22-2011, 11:25 PM
YOU CAN'T CONTAIN ME FOREVER!

Shlup
12-22-2011, 11:53 PM
Well, you went longer than I thought you would without making me kill you, but it looks like today is the day. Go pick out which fur suit you want to be buried in.

Baloki
12-22-2011, 11:55 PM
I chose the Shlup suit!

G13
12-22-2011, 11:56 PM
Of all the great internet viral videos to pop the cherry with... :|

Edit: Oh, and uh, congratulations Spatvark.

Raistlin
12-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Yuck. Get rid of it.

Madonna
12-23-2011, 02:17 AM
We enshrine Pete with Evangelion and YouTube tags; I am sure he will be appreciative.

Marshall Banana
12-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Just so you guys know, this new YouTube feature doesn't work in private forums yet (like Eyes on Each Other).

Jiro
12-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Wouldn't it be convenient if Spatvark would come back and fix that for us?

Flying Mullet
12-28-2011, 10:32 PM
:bou::ultros:

Del Murder
12-29-2011, 05:09 AM
I wish Spatvark would come back and post in this thread, though I suspect he's lurking on a rooftop somewhere around here.