PDA

View Full Version : Triple Triad on EoFF!

Loony BoB
12-22-2011, 01:25 PM
See the announcement for further details, but yeah, here's where you can discuss how many different bugs you can find in the new Triple Triad feature! And sadly we're not just talking about the Bite Bug card. But who cares!? It's Triple Triad! Even if it's riddled with problems, it's still fun.

Discuss here, and confirm when you have cards so people can know who to challenge. We'll probably move this thread to Feedback or the FFVIII forum or something later on.

If you get some cards, invite me to a game, because the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned!

Psychotic
12-22-2011, 01:28 PM
I would like to inform all of EoFF that I have an impressive streak on right now. To look in my Triple Triad profile you would find that I have played 5 matches, and won all 5.

It's worth noting that I lost three of them, drew one of them, and the other one declared a victory for me before the first card was put down. And yes I got to take cards at the end of all of them :cool: I'm not particularly popular with the other staff members right now. ...not that I was ever popular with them anyway, mind.

Who will be the first person to beat me and have the system recognise it? Step right up! Invite me to a game! Even if you win, you'll lose!

Loony BoB
12-22-2011, 01:32 PM
It may also be worth noting that at present, yes, there are only level 1 cards available. We're still testing it out so that's all you'll get for a little while yet, but we do plan to add more cards of other levels in the future. When? No idea, yet! We'll get back to you regarding that...

EDIT: And upon losing to Psychotic (d'oh!) I can confirm that losing to him does indeed show up as a loss for you, even if him losing to you shows up as a win for him. :shifty: Crafty bugger.

Psychotic
12-22-2011, 01:34 PM
...I actually just legitimately won a match. Sorry BoB but actually losing to me is kind of embarassing. :D

6 for 6. :cool: (http://forums.eyesonff.com/tripletriad.php?do=profile&u=5602&tab=stats)

Loony BoB
12-22-2011, 01:37 PM
...I actually just legitimately won a match. Sorry BoB but actually losing to me is kind of embarassing. :D

6 for 6. :cool: (http://forums.eyesonff.com/tripletriad.php?do=profile&u=5602&tab=stats)
I had this sneaky suspicion that your last card would swing things your way through some epic combo (much like I somehow managed in my game against Rantz :D). Just my luck! Ruined my 100% record which I (legitimately, I think?) held for four games. Dang.

EDIT: Fixed your stats, buddy. You can thank me later. :up:

Jessweeee♪
12-22-2011, 02:36 PM
I got a Same Combo, flipped all of Psychotic's cards my way, and won the match and he still got a victory.

One bug of note: If you cancel an invitation you may lose the five cards you chose for the match, but don't panic, because they will come back to you when you finish a match. But if you lose a card through any other bug then say goodbye to them forever. (But that's okay, your Geezard cost you less than one gil.)

Psychotic
12-22-2011, 03:18 PM
DK actually did beat me and the game registered it as a loss. I have been defeated! :(

edit: At least I am 2 for 2 against BoB. :shobon:

Loony BoB
12-22-2011, 03:38 PM
God dammit. >=( Whoever was saying "Going first sucks, you always lose" clearly never plays with Open turned off and Same/Same Wall/Plus/Combo turned on. First turn means last turn, and it's always the best!

Psychotic
12-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Remember the one time you beat me at mafia and then refused to play again in case it tarnished your perfect record?

With these two Triple Triad wins I believe this makes our score 2 - 1 mothersmurfer. *clicks decline invitation* :smug:

Gamblet
12-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Okay, I just found out that the Triple Triad thing is actually working, so I was wondering if anybody wants to have a match with me?

Psychotic
12-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I would like nothing more Gamblet! I have challenged you to a match. I may be distracted by your signature picture though. I cannot stop watching it.

Madonna
12-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Is this Christmas? It must be.

Gamblet
12-22-2011, 03:59 PM
I lost to Psycho. 1:0 , rematch?

Psychotic
12-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Just had a good game against Gamblet! I recommend the Direct and Sudden Death rules if you would like to have a long war with someone!

edit: certainly!

Gamblet
12-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Just had a good game against Gamblet! I recommend the Direct and Sudden Death rules if you would like to have a long war with someone!

edit: certainly!

Rematch did not go well, lost again. But it was fun. :D

Only thing I am missing is the music.

Psychotic
12-22-2011, 04:07 PM
15-Shuffle or Boogie-FFVIII OST - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kWjJwbDF4g)

Also I think I suffered a glitch that gave me all your cards. Sorry. I did not want it to do that. :( This is why we're only using level 1 cards right now.

Marshall Banana
12-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Everyone is defeating me. =(

I need the Ifrit card.

Gamblet
12-22-2011, 04:24 PM
15-Shuffle or Boogie-FFVIII OST - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kWjJwbDF4g)

Also I think I suffered a glitch that gave me all your cards. Sorry. I did not want it to do that. :( This is why we're only using level 1 cards right now.

I believe we were using the Difference rule, maybe your score was 5 points higher than mine? :D No problem anyway, the lvl 1 cards are so cheap anyway.

Old Manus
12-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Glorious Tetra Master Race reporting in

DK
12-22-2011, 04:31 PM
yeah Tetra Master is clearly the superior mini-game. triple triad has the best music though.

Jessweeee♪
12-22-2011, 04:53 PM
My Gesper! Now I'll have to refine my Diablo card if I want Demi spells :(

Goldenboko
12-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Practice match wins count as wins in the statistics and allow you to take opponent CPU's cards. Was this intentional?

Jessweeee♪
12-22-2011, 05:16 PM
They aren't practice matches, they're real matches against CPUs! FYI, Dropout is supposed to be harder than Student. Also Dropout is a cheating bastard. Or it tried to be anyway. It flipped one of its cards back improperly, but the score didn't show it. So I flipped it again and it counted as if I flipped two cards.

chionos
12-22-2011, 05:25 PM
I've had the exact same problem as Jess against the CPU. One game, there was a card that flipped every single time another card was placed whether or not they touched or were connected in any way.

Goldenboko
12-22-2011, 05:42 PM
They aren't practice matches, they're real matches against CPUs! FYI, Dropout is supposed to be harder than Student. Also Dropout is a cheating bastard. Or it tried to be anyway. It flipped one of its cards back improperly, but the score didn't show it. So I flipped it again and it counted as if I flipped two cards.

Dropout was a little less dumb. A little.

Sylvie
12-22-2011, 05:51 PM
(Sorry if this was covered anywhere) Can we opt in to have our own custom cards made for different users? Maybe ya'll could make it a fundraiser for server costs or something. Like $5 to have an obtainable card of yours. People will use it against each other. Yeah, Pokemon celebrities.

Loony BoB
12-22-2011, 07:00 PM
We are hoping to set up an EoFFer deck, however that will likely happen at a later date, and at a time when higher level cards are being used. So probably after we have level 8 or so available from the FFVIII deck.

blackmage_nuke
12-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Tetris on EoFF was better

NorthernChaosGod
12-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Ooh, I need to look up the rules again before I play.

Crop
12-22-2011, 10:48 PM
I got some cards. If anyone would like to lose then feel free to invite me.

Hollycat
12-22-2011, 10:55 PM
I you could replace cards such as cactuar with hypoallergenic cactuar, or pupu with pupu or diablo with demondude

Shlup
12-22-2011, 11:25 PM
You don't really.

Raistlin
12-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I haven't actually played Triple Triad since FFVIII first came out when I was... 12? So outside of having absolutely no idea what I'm doing, I suppose I have to give this a try.

NorthernChaosGod
12-22-2011, 11:48 PM
You don't really.
I had no idea what "wall" or "same" and shit were. I haven't played VIII, and Triple Triad, in years.

Shlup
12-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Neither have I, but the rules are simple: You just keep clicking cards until it says Psychotic wins and he takes all of your cards.

chionos
12-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Speaking of new additions to eoff, this snow effect had me trippin balls yo. Didn't know wtf was happening to me.

NorthernChaosGod
12-23-2011, 12:00 AM
You can take it lying down. I'm going to beat him at something for once. :colbert:

Shlup
12-23-2011, 12:08 AM
I would love to see someone beat Psychotic.

rubah
12-23-2011, 12:11 AM
I am only posting this so I can afford to buy more cards.

blackmage_nuke
12-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Ive been waiting 6 hours for loony bob to make his move

Rostum
12-23-2011, 03:00 AM
So who wants to play?

Edit: I started a match, then canceled and lost all my cards. :(

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-23-2011, 03:07 AM
This is super sweet. I am gonna go play moar.

Rostum
12-23-2011, 03:28 AM
Another reason to get a 3DS.

Laddy
12-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Congratulations, EoFF. I hope you're happy. After wasting six years of my life, sacrificing work, a steady relationship, and any meaningful social interaction, of course you add a card game.

Shlup
12-23-2011, 03:43 AM
Ive been waiting 6 hours for loony bob to make his move
That's not that long. I don't know why I keep playing with foreigners.

Tigmafuzz
12-23-2011, 11:16 AM
1. Play a Fastitocalon.
2. Computer plays a Caterchipillar.
3. Match over, somehow. I win.
4. Choose a card. My first Cockatrice. Yay!
5. Go to battle arena, try to start new game.
6. Mfw I have no cards: :G
7. Check my cards in my profile.
8. Have one Cockatrice.
9. Buy another five cards.
10. Check my cards in profile.
11. Have NO cards.
12. lolwut
13. Go to battle arena again anyway.
14. Start new game.
15. Have four of each type of card I previously had. Ohyeah.jpg
16. Win match, get Gesper.
17. Check cards in profile.
18. Have everything but Gesper.
19. Le derp. :freak:
20. Go to Triple Triad Thread.
21. Make 22-point list.
22. Post.

Congratulations, EoFF. I hope you're happy. After wasting six years of my life, sacrificing work, a steady relationship, and any meaningful social interaction, of course you add a card game.
^.^

Jiro
12-23-2011, 01:37 PM
I have no cards and I refuse to buy them considering they were all stolen. Do your own bug testing. :p

Psychotic
12-23-2011, 02:24 PM
I have no cards and I refuse to buy them considering they were all stolen. Thanks for the cards, chump. :cool:

Raistlin
12-23-2011, 05:08 PM
I apparently lost a card after a draw. Shlup is channeling Psycho's sneaky theft ability.

Clo
12-23-2011, 05:50 PM
I freakin' love Triple Triad. EVERYONE, START A MATCH WITH ME.

Ultima Shadow
12-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Is it only possible to play with the Plus and Same rules against human opponents? Test-played against the CPUs, but couldn't find a way to activate the Plus/Same rules. =O

Edit: Also, my newfound bug-testing habbit made me try playing a card during the CPU opponent's turn, which resulted in the game freezing. But when I reloaded, everything went on as normal so it doesn't seem to be as bad as some of the other bugs people have encountered.

Jessweeee♪
12-23-2011, 06:12 PM
CPU matches seem to be much glitchier than matches against humans.

Ultima Shadow
12-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Alrighty - so you can play with Plus/Same against other people at least? =O Well, I'm always up for a match whenever I'm online and not busy, if anyone wants to play.

Jessweeee♪
12-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Oh yeah. I think when we make the CPU characters we pick what rules they always play with. You don't get to choose. But when you challenge another member of EoFF you can pick whatever rules you want.

Marshall Banana
12-23-2011, 07:17 PM
The only rule that matches with CPU players follow is "Open."

Shlup
12-23-2011, 08:48 PM
I apparently lost a card after a draw. Shlup is channeling Psycho's sneaky theft ability.
It was a draw? I thought you won.

Either way, this game is clearly attune to who the real winners in life are.

Psychotic
12-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Either way, this game is clearly attune to who the real winners in life are.Yeah, like when it said I beat you! That was good. :)

Loony BoB
12-24-2011, 12:40 PM
I think I am regularly playing against around 15 people. I encourage more, though! I love playing against people instead of the computer... having things like Same/Plus are great. Sure, the games can take days if you're in the wrong timezones but if you have enough matches going on at once, it's all good. :aimsun:

Old Manus
12-24-2011, 01:50 PM
Is there some kind of notification when it's your turn or something? I keep forgetting I'm involved in a round.

Also FAO BoB: I cannot for life of me remember how to play this game so my excuse for any losses is on my fumbling clicks on random cards and random positions :manus:

blackmage_nuke
12-24-2011, 02:48 PM
I didnt realise we could get back in a game one we navigate away. This changes things

Madonna
12-24-2011, 06:58 PM
‎Jessweeee♪ must be a shadow boss because I do not know how to challenger her.

NorthernChaosGod
12-24-2011, 11:00 PM
That actually reminds me that I was in a match with BoB.

YOUR MOVE, BoB.

Raistlin
12-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Hah, I didn't realize until now there was an "Active Battles" link to continue with old matches. Sorry, Daniel!

Ultima Shadow
12-25-2011, 01:00 AM
I didnt realise we could get back in a game one we navigate away. This changes thingsDidn't get that at first either. It's a totally awesome feature though.

Oh, and by the way... what happens if you only have 1 card, play two people at once - using said card... and lose both matches... and both of your opponents wish to take that one card? :p

Quindiana Jones
12-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Good job, guys. Works well, and it's obvious a lot of effort went into this. It's just a shame that Triple Triad lacks the wonderful things that Tetra Master contained. C-C-C-Combo!

Now all fly off into a rant about Tetra Master.

Madonna
12-25-2011, 02:49 AM
Oh, and by the way... what happens if you only have 1 card, play two people at once - using said card... and lose both matches... and both of your opponents wish to take that one card? :pCards used in a game are not available for use until a match ends. So if you have only one Funguar and use it against blackmage_nuke, your Funguar would not be available for use against NorthernChaosGod if he challenges you before your match is over with blackmage_nuke.

Ultima Shadow
12-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Cards used in a game are not available for use until a match ends. So if you have only one Funguar and use it against blackmage_nuke, your Funguar would not be available for use against NorthernChaosGod if he challenges you before your match is over with blackmage_nuke.Ah, I see. :p

Gamblet
12-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Oh, and by the way... what happens if you only have 1 card, play two people at once - using said card... and lose both matches... and both of your opponents wish to take that one card? :pCards used in a game are not available for use until a match ends. So if you have only one Funguar and use it against blackmage_nuke, your Funguar would not be available for use against NorthernChaosGod if he challenges you before your match is over with blackmage_nuke.

Mind-eff.

EDIT: Somebody challenge me.

Tigmafuzz
12-25-2011, 03:58 PM
How do you start a match with only one card anyway? Lol

Ultima Shadow
12-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Might have challenged people more than once, since I thought I had to send a new challenge each time I closed down the refreshing challenge window. :p

Also, now that I know you don't have to be logged on during the whole match and can return to it later etc, I should add that I will always accept challenges at all times. I prefre to play with the Plus/Same rules though, as they add more depth to the games. :greenie:

Tigmafuzz
12-25-2011, 04:33 PM
But... I was logged out due to inactivity and when I logged in I had lost the match. And a Caterchipillar :(
We can log out and log back in to make our moves? WHY WASN'T I TOLD!?

Raistlin
12-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Rantz also just added a "challenge" link to the drop-down menu when you click on a member's name. CHALLENGE ALL THE PEOPLE

Jiro
12-27-2011, 03:49 AM
Where's the attack button!

* Jiro attacks Raistlin with a stick.

Tigmafuzz
12-27-2011, 04:56 AM
Where's the attack button!

* Jiro attacks Raistlin with a stick.
You're supposed to hold ALT+F4 until the game finishes loading. That screen with all the cards and that big box in the middle? Yeah, that's the loading screen.

Flying Mullet
12-30-2011, 03:07 PM
I received a notification when I lost a match (and a card) but not when I won a match (and a card). Is this the correct behavior?

Tigmafuzz
12-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Who can really define "correct behavior?"

Sylvie
12-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Nice argument for your professor during a sociology lecture, but this happens to be a card game with rules and programming.

rubah
12-30-2011, 08:14 PM
I'd like notification when a game is over.

rubah
01-01-2012, 12:01 AM
double posting so raistlin will hurry up and lose 8) he hasn't moved for three days! a nerd like that is never gone from the internet more than a day and a half.

Raistlin
01-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I've had very limited internet time for the past week or so, much of that limited to my phone. :p I do not remember what happened in our match, but I assume you cheated.

Ultima Shadow
01-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Crap! Being too overconfident and taking out my victory beforehand, I placed my last card without really thinking. The second after it was placed, I saw the possibility for Shlup to Plus or Same-combo every card on the field except one. Now all I can do is sit and pray that Shlup doesn't have a caterchipillar or fish as her last card! =O

Gamblet
01-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Crap! Being too overconfident and taking out my victory beforehand, I placed my last card without really thinking. The second after it was placed, I saw the possibility for Shlup to Plus or Same-combo every card on the field except one. Now all I can do is sit and pray that Shlup doesn't have a caterchipillar or fish as her last card! =O

Care to have a match with me?

Ultima Shadow
01-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Care to have a match with me?I'm always up for it! :greenie:

Loony BoB
01-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I'd like notification when a game is over.
Me too! Hopefully if we upgrade we can get some more notifications, and if not, at least it will apparently allow us to watch completed matches, or something like that.

Ultima Shadow
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
A cool thing would be if you could check the amount of times you've won against actual players rather than CPU too. Not because I want to brag or anything, of course. *cough* :greenie:

Also, I now consider Gamblet my new TT rival. He's responsible for all my lost matches except one. :p

Gamblet
01-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Also, I now consider Gamblet my new TT rival. He's responsible for all my lost matches except one. :p

haw haw

EDIT: Genius Lynx, our match has been going on for like 2 or 3 days already.

Loony BoB
01-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure some of my games have gone on for a full week. xD And I beat you, Ultima Shadow, but didn't get a card out of it. Did you set it up that way or did it just bug out on me?

I plan on upgrading this feature to the full version sometime this week. Yes, it will remain a buggy feature, but I don't care, it'll be a fun buggy feature! I'm also hoping to unlock the level 2 cards soon... maybe at the same time.

Gamblet
01-04-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm also hoping to unlock the level 2 cards soon... maybe at the same time.

Awesome!

Ultima Shadow
01-04-2012, 02:56 PM
And I beat you, Ultima Shadow, but didn't get a card out of it. Did you set it up that way or did it just bug out on me?Really? Weird. To me, it said that I won and it showed most of the cards turned to my colour... and counted as a victory in the Win/Lose stats. =O Guess it was a bug that made us both win?

I did set it up so that no cards would be gained from winning/losing though. I usually do that, since everyone has all the cards aviable at the moment now anyway. :p

I'm also hoping to unlock the level 2 cards soon... maybe at the same time.
Looking forward to this! :greenie:

Psychotic
01-04-2012, 08:34 PM
I just smashed Raistlin 8-2. You might even say I would 8-2 be Raistlin right now. :smug:

Raistlin
01-04-2012, 09:26 PM
That... is terrible. xD

I approve.

NeoCracker
01-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Well, I'm insanely bored right now.

I'll play one of you while ranting angrily to myself how much I dislike the game. :p

Madonna
01-05-2012, 04:19 AM
More like a week.

New cards would be nice. I would suggest keeping the highest tier cards in reserve as rewards in forum events.

Gamblet
01-05-2012, 11:23 AM
More like a week.

New cards would be nice. I would suggest keeping the highest tier cards in reserve as rewards in forum events.

Lets finish this game then. :D

And if that's going to be that way with the highest tier cards, then I'll just win them from you. :D

Loony BoB
01-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, that's the plan, Lynx. =]

Gamblet
01-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Yeah, that's the plan, Lynx. =]

Mwahahaha.. :kakapo:

Rocket Edge
01-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Anyone up for a match in the next half hour let me know!

Ultima Shadow
01-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Anyone up for a match in the next half hour let me know!
Our match has started many days ago now, but you have yet to make a move! =O

...and I'll also use this opportunity to remind Bob that it's his turn, and has been so for like 3 days? :greenie:

Loony BoB
01-12-2012, 09:43 AM
BoB* ;) Turn done.

I have the Pro version of this thing downloaded and have been meaning to install it and set up level 2 cards but work has been a bitch lately. When I get home, I relax with Danielle, play some football manager and sleep. =| I look forward to the weekend.

Iceglow
01-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I cannot for the life of me remember how many cards there are to a level. I have 11 different card types. I am too lazy to go loading up my file on FFVIII to re-discover this.

Rostum
01-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Word to the wise, never play Loony BoB if you want to finish a game this decade. :D

Loony BoB
01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Word to the wise, never play Loony BoB if you want to finish a game this decade. :D
I blame work! I've not started any new games for that reason. I'll try to get five minutes to run through my turns at the end of work today...

Madonna
01-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I cannot for the life of me remember how many cards there are to a level. I have 11 different card types. I am too lazy to go loading up my file on FFVIII to re-discover this.
I have not seen anyone with more than eleven different cards. Just click on someone who you think plays too much and view their cards. I think you are good thus far, should you be looking to collect all the cards. I am sure it will not last.

Everyone I play with is an investment.

Loony BoB
01-13-2012, 11:56 AM
I can confirm that there are eleven different cards per level for the FFVIII deck.

Rostum
01-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I blame work! I've not started any new games for that reason. I'll try to get five minutes to run through my turns at the end of work today...

It's okay I'm just busting your chops. :)

Iceglow
01-13-2012, 12:52 PM
I can confirm that there are eleven different cards per level for the FFVIII deck.

Cool I thought I was right in remembering that. I really ought to know I spent over 500 hours on one file of FFVIII and had every card in the game and the only rules in the world were: Open, Same Wall, with the trade rule being Diff. Essentially that meant everywhere in FFVIII had just one rule, Open since Same Wall cannot be in play without Same. Btw, Lunar rules are an absolute bitch to get changed prior to going in to space and in space you can't do it, still totes worth doing it so Ellone was pushover for the Laguna card.