PDA

View Full Version : SSX

Pete for President
12-23-2011, 07:56 AM
It's coming. It feels like classic SSX action and the wing suit may be a nice addition. On the other hand it looks terribly easy; bailing a trick seems to be rather impossible and even when you do, there's a rewind function?

SSX Gameplay Trailer [HD] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTCGKLBiDxU)

Hate to say I'm not yet convinced. Are you? :shifty:

Madame Adequate
12-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Jesus Christ that looks fucking amazing

Day One Purchase

Pete for President
01-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Best Race Ever! - SSX Gameplay - GameSpot.com (http://www.gamespot.com/ssx/videos/best-race-ever-ssx-gameplay-6348944/)

I'm getting more and more hyped. Release date; February 28th.

Though I still think it looks way too easy, I have high hopes of finding a challenge in the online modes. That said I think I'll get it, but I won't be able to until April since I'm riding real powder in Whistler, Canada for another 12 weeks. POW!

Depression Moon
01-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Game isn't silly enough and where is the local multiplayer?

Quindiana Jones
01-21-2012, 05:55 PM
I still play SSX3 all the time, so I am pumped for this. Will get it if fellow XBLers are, otherwise I'll buy it cheap in summer.

The rewind looks pretty interesting. Obviously, it'd be ridiculous to have it in races and such, but I think it has a decent application in single player dick-abouts. And the map exclusive "gimmicks" looks smurfing awesome; definitely seem to add something to the experience and make each map something other than "snow in different directions".

EDIT: Agree with DM, though. If it doesn't have local multiplayer then it's a no-buy. Game still looks fairly ridiculous, if not as colourful which is a shame.

Pete for President
01-22-2012, 04:42 PM
EDIT: Agree with DM, though. If it doesn't have local multiplayer then it's a no-buy. Game still looks fairly ridiculous, if not as colourful which is a shame.

I do feel the vibe, despite this being not as colourful as SSX3. It has the same thing as SSX3 where weather conditions and terrain type play a big part in the flow and feel of a track, just like it is in real life. For example, a blizzard and rocky terrain makes for a tense and challenging run, whereas groomed slopes and sunshine give you the happy vibe.

As for local multiplayer, if it's as bad as SSX On Tour's multiplayer I'd rather have none.

Quindiana Jones
01-22-2012, 05:28 PM
I assume they'd just chuck in the SSX3 local multiplayer. If they don't, they're fucking stupid and lazy. xD

Pete for President
02-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Just seen the first review on a Dutch gaming website. They said there is no splitscreen multiplayer. The rewind button is sometimes unlimited and sometimes limited to a few tries. I'm still in doubt whether to find this function just sad, or a better replacement for the wipe-out select button.

I like what I see all but the difficulty. It still seems incredibly easy, so I'll have to check out a demo before deciding to get it or not.

Araciel
02-23-2012, 04:16 PM
I've been with the series since the beginning and I'll be picking this up as soon as it hits the shelf.

Quindiana Jones
02-23-2012, 06:47 PM
I hadn't even considered the rewind as an upgraded "press Select to restart" button. Much better idea, I reckon.

Pete for President
02-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Has anyone tried the demo yet? I'm not able to since I'm spending the season in Whistler, Canada and I couldn't bring my PS3. On that matter, I noticed this place has definitely been the inspiration for SSX3. The radio station, the peaks, the midstation lodges, slope-names - everything just feels like SSX3 around here. And I'm usually not much of a show-off, but if the weather allows it I'll be getting my fix of real-life SSX tomorrow: I'll be dropped on a mountaintop by a helicopter. 6 TIMES. That's my dream coming true! Anyway back on topic; has anyone tried the demo yet?

Quindiana Jones
02-25-2012, 05:05 PM
I didn't know there was one! Better get on.

Endless
03-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Got mine today, played two zones in "story" mode, and participated in three global events (the ones where you compete with thousands of players) in which I ranked either silver/gold brackets (gold being the third best bracket).