PDA

View Full Version : The Reason for the Season

Clo
12-23-2011, 06:08 PM
What are you MOST excited about when it comes to this upcoming holiday season? Whether you're a greedy son-uva-bitch and just want that new videogame console and multispeed vibrator, or you're a family-oriented saphole, I want to hear it.

And this of course includes New Years.

I am most excited for (hopefully) receiving wine and earrings, as well as lighting some candles and watching Christmas movies with the significant other while breaking in the new booze.

Pike
12-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm excited for it being over so work hours go back to normal!

(No, really, I'm most excited for this)

Laddy
12-23-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm excited because I get stuff, and see my family and friends, and I get to celebrate lil' baby Jesus! :squee:

NorthernChaosGod
12-23-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm most excited for presents. :mwahaha:

Shlup
12-23-2011, 08:41 PM
I like giving gifts. I like receiving gifts too, but I like giving them just a little more. Barely. Mostly because my little brother and sister are so cute.

fire_of_avalon
12-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Watching my family open gifts and playing bartender at the New Year's Eve party.

Jiro
12-24-2011, 01:58 AM
Getting my booze on for one of the last times in a while :(

Iceglow
12-24-2011, 02:04 AM
I am most excited by the following ideas:

Not having to work myself half to death for another 10 months
Not having to hear a damn christmas CD for another 11 months
Not having to look after a bunch of stupid temps for another 7/8 months
Not having to work shifts varying from 7am starts to 10pm finishes (they'll just be 7am starts - 9pm finishes instead)
Not having to put on this big show that I actually give a shit for my family's benefit for another 10 months.

Essentially our annual cycle is too fast. We need to be farther away from the sun so I can avoid Christmas more often. Ok so this might make me a scrooge type character but when you look at me I don't fit that description, I'm generous, giving and kind to people I just hate Christmas because it makes my life a living hell.

Shiny
12-24-2011, 02:04 AM
Nada Ali concert/party/event/thing on New Years Day. Shit's cray cray.

Jessweeee♪
12-24-2011, 02:47 AM
Food and things. My grandma has a party for the neighbors every year and she always gets the best food ever. Christmas Eve is the only day of the year where I can have tamales, clam chowder, and shrimp cocktails on the same night. Also, I just got $100 in gift cards for Best Buy, and I got a Christmas bonus on my paycheck, so I am getting the Xbox fixed, buying a game for myself, a game for my friends, and Skyrim for Mogi, and then I don't get to touch the Xbox for six months because I was stupid and got Skyrim for Mogi. Looks like I won't be playing Brotherhood for much while longer. At least I'll be able to touch a copy of it soon.

This is a good year!

SammieBabe
12-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Seeing my offspring get all excited about gifts. We are also traveling for New Years so that'll be fun. :)

rubah
12-24-2011, 06:59 PM
I love the decorations, the cozy feel from so many lights. I love the way a big pile of presents looks stacked up under a tree, and love wrapping presents. I love how almost everyone kinda comes together in their like-minded pursuits to bring happiness to their loved ones.

Madonna
12-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Insurance. Thank you for coming so soon, 2012.

Peegee
12-24-2011, 08:58 PM
it's nice to get a couple of days off to stay out late with friends. My brother visited for the week! Yay!

I value family over things.

Tigmafuzz
12-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Not having to hear a damn christmas CD for another 11 months

Not having to put on this big show that I actually give a tit for my family's benefit for another 10 months.

I'm generous, giving and kind to people I just hate Christmas because it makes my life a living hell.
This.

Rantz
12-26-2011, 11:27 AM
FOOD