PDA

View Full Version : "Bake-fried" foods

SuperMillionaire
12-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Have you ever tried "bake-fried" foods? I hear that many foods that are typically made in the deep-fryer can now also be baked in the oven. These foods are said to taste virtually the same as their deep-fried counterparts, except a lot less greasy, easier to prepare, and healthier, since they don't use large amounts of fat to cook with. I watched the In the Kitchen with David show on QVC the other night, showing off an accessory called an "oven crisper sheet," which allows you to make "air-fried" foods that crunch and crisp just like true deep-fried foods, but without all the extra fat, and my family is considering getting it, because we've tried to cook bake-fried foods before, and while they're all good, they didn't exactly resemble or taste like true fried foods. Has anyone else on here had bake-fried foods before, and how was it?

Laddy
12-23-2011, 07:57 PM
I...don't wanna die.

NorthernChaosGod
12-23-2011, 08:25 PM
How much extra fat do you think is in deep-frying? o_O I don't think a lot of people cook in lard or whatever anymore.

Shlup
12-23-2011, 08:40 PM
I usually bake things over frying them, yes. Fried foods are usually horrible.

Jiro
12-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Grease goes in my car, not in me, right?

Shiny
12-24-2011, 02:34 AM
Have you ever tried "bake-fried" foods?
No, but it sounds country as hell.

Chris
12-24-2011, 03:03 PM
"Baked-fried" food? Surely, this must be an extremely American thing. We, Asian people, steam most of our food.