PDA

View Full Version : FFXV Announced in 2012?

Wolf Kanno
12-24-2011, 05:45 AM
That's what the rumors are saying (http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/885736-final-fantasy-xv-heading-for-e3-2012-unveiling). Is it too soon? Or has Square been working on it without anyone realizing it like Final Fantasy XIV? Any thoughts of hearing bout the next numbered entry by E3-2012?

Del Murder
12-24-2011, 08:10 AM
With the recent announcement that they want to release a main FF game every 1-2 years, it seems pretty likely they are working on FFXV at this point.

VeloZer0
12-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Nice to see they finally decided on the release title for FF Versus 13.

Jessweeee♪
12-24-2011, 05:10 PM
With the recent announcement that they want to release a main FF game every 1-2 years, it seems pretty likely they are working on FFXV at this point.

Yep! Though in the back of my head I really wasn't expecting it anytime soon, like it was KHIII or something. I wonder what brought that on!

Del Murder
12-24-2011, 05:27 PM
This too, probably.

Wolf Kanno
12-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I seriously wouldn't be surprised if they just renamed Versus XIII into FFXV. I mean they renamed Agito and even though the director says its because it became something different from the FNC, it still utilizes many of the FNCs mythos like l'Cie (which is a major plot element) and I believe the Goddess/Gods named in the FNC mythos. Versus XIII's only connection to the FNC was Etro, and she wasn't even mentioned by name in XIII.

Depression Moon
12-24-2011, 06:36 PM
I just want some games already and no I don't care about XIII-2.

Raistlin
12-24-2011, 08:52 PM
With the recent announcement that they want to release a main FF game every 1-2 years...

That would be a major change from the last decade.

That would be hilarious.

Loony BoB
12-25-2011, 12:16 AM
I'd be genuinely disappointed if they turned Versus into XV, purely on the basis of that meaning that it wouldn't be a new game to look forward to. :p

Crop
12-26-2011, 01:33 AM
I really hope they do, I hate XIII so I'm not enjoying the current age of FF. I'd really enjoy a good fresh title just to restore my faith in the series.

Bolivar
12-27-2011, 09:57 PM
That would be a major change from the last decade.

And a return to form of the decade prior. After that last thread I guess we were all kind of expecting this sooner rather than later. And I also won't be surprised if they rename Versus as they did Agito. I don't know if this is too soon. I think we do need a good FF soon, though. So I'm down.

Benjirino~!
12-30-2011, 02:32 PM
All I'm hoping for is that they mess with the visual style a bit. FFX thru XIII look pretty, but I liked the charm of the games looking different during the PSOne generation.

Silent Warrior
01-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Oh no... The article mentioned Mass Effect as a possible influence! Well, not that ME is a bad game/series, far from it, but I have a really hard time seeing these two mesh.
So, uh... Got technology? If there's any merit to that statement, I guess we're looking at something with FF7-like technology and aesthetics.