PDA

View Full Version : Official Zelda Timeline revealed

Renmiri
12-25-2011, 09:07 PM
GlitterBerri » Hyrule Historia – The 100%, Official, Confirmed Zelda Timeline!! Finally! (http://www.glitterberri.com/uncategorized/the-real-zelda-timeline/)

:)

NeoCracker
12-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Alright, I understand showing the timeline split for two Ocorina paths, the path were as young link he goes forward to Majora's mask, and the other showing the events after Gannon's defeat at the end of Ocorina, (Though they probably should have just stuck to one straight timeline, but whatever), but what the hell is up with the 'hero is defeated' line? Is that in some alternate timeline from the other games? Why the fuck did they even bother making the connection between games? I'm stopping here, because the more I think about it the more this timeline is just stupid. :p

Windwaker, Ocarina, and Majora's mask clearly take place in the same world, and I can't remember many details but I'm fairly certain Phantom Hourglass and Spirit tracks do as well. But all of these were clearly intended to be the same world, so I really don't understand why they are trying to connect all the others to it. :shrug:

Levian
12-25-2011, 11:51 PM
I have no idea why fans have been obsessing about connecting the games so badly through all these years, seems rather pointless. I don't think the developers had this in mind when they created the first handful of zeldas either.

Agent Proto
12-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Well, now that the timeline is now official, I have a feeling that some fans will not be entirely happy with it. I think it's interesting that the timeline splits into three after the events in Ocarina of Time.

chionos
12-26-2011, 12:10 AM
The timeline's interesting enough, but it doesn't add to my enjoyment of the series, or any one game in particular either. I've always played each new zelda game as a re-imagining of the same basic world and story.

Also, first to 1000 gil! I should get a ciddie cookie award or something.

Rostum
12-27-2011, 10:49 AM
So, it seems that Nintendo have released an official timeline for The Legend of Zelda. So check it out (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/12/the-official-zelda-timeline-now-with-added-detail/).

I didn't expect a three-split timeline. But I thought it was quite interesting, though it's been awhile since I've played some of the games so I forget what happens in them. Also I'm only half way through Skyward Sword, so I haven't wanted to spoiler it more than I have already.

Levian
12-27-2011, 11:06 AM
There's already a thread on this, over here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/140115-official-zelda-timeline-revealed.html).

Feel free to chime in on the conversation there. :D

KentaRawr!
12-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Alright, I understand showing the timeline split for two Ocorina paths, the path were as young link he goes forward to Majora's mask, and the other showing the events after Gannon's defeat at the end of Ocorina, (Though they probably should have just stuck to one straight timeline, but whatever), but what the hell is up with the 'hero is defeated' line? Is that in some alternate timeline from the other games? Why the smurf did they even bother making the connection between games? I'm stopping here, because the more I think about it the more this timeline is just stupid. :p

Windwaker, Ocarina, and Majora's mask clearly take place in the same world, and I can't remember many details but I'm fairly certain Phantom Hourglass and Spirit tracks do as well. But all of these were clearly intended to be the same world, so I really don't understand why they are trying to connect all the others to it. :shrug:

Majora's Mask and Windwaker can't take place in the same world, because Majora's Mask is in the Child Timeline, and Windwaker is in the adult timeline. Or at least that's what I always thought. That's why the hero from OoT didn't return; he was too busy being in Termina at the time.

NeoCracker
12-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Alright, I understand showing the timeline split for two Ocorina paths, the path were as young link he goes forward to Majora's mask, and the other showing the events after Gannon's defeat at the end of Ocorina, (Though they probably should have just stuck to one straight timeline, but whatever), but what the hell is up with the 'hero is defeated' line? Is that in some alternate timeline from the other games? Why the smurf did they even bother making the connection between games? I'm stopping here, because the more I think about it the more this timeline is just stupid. :p

Majora's Mask and Windwaker can't take place in the same world, because Majora's Mask is in the Child Timeline, and Windwaker is in the adult timeline. Or at least that's what I always thought. That's why the hero from OoT didn't return; he was too busy being in Termina at the time.

Remember, he can travel back and forth between the two times. I got the impression that at the end of Ocorina, he returned to his time to live out his life as normal, in which he goes off on the adventure away from Hyrule and ends up in Majora's Mask. I mean he still has the Master sword he got from Ocarina. The two being in the same timeline doesn't really mess with anything.