PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight Christmas, hello 2012

chionos
12-26-2011, 03:56 AM
Well Christmas is almost officially over, though luckily it's just a week till the next big party, New Years. I recorded a little Christmas song for EoFF earlier at my daughter's insistence that I'll share in a bit, but I've noticed that as I get older holidays seem to come and go with less of an impact on me emotionally. Yeah it's just part of the whole growing up process, life in general speeds up and all that, but watching other people my age or older during the holidays leads me to believe that either I'm getting older at an accelerated pace or there's just a helluva lot of faking-it going on.

I feel like bitching about Christmas and other such commercialized holidays, but it's not really the commercialization that is bothering me, it's the temporary act of celebration which has existed in much less bastardized form (the Pagan nature holidays) for thousands of years. Why is it we're not capable of maintaining an appreciation for certain things year-round?

I was thinking about how ridiculous Christmas is--the celebration of Jesus' birth out of context of his life as a whole which is really a farce in any case since the holiday was stolen from a Roman holiday that promoted drunkenness, nude singing, and rape among other things--and it made me think about how silly it is to celebrate myself only once a year. Why is it only on my birthday that I get celebrated? I'm an amazing human being 365 days a year and this coming year I even have to work an extra day for free, so my New Year's resolution is to celebrate myself every damn day. And in order to not be a hypocrite, I'm starting today instead of waiting till Jan. 1, 2012.

You're a fucking amazing person, Chris.
:blush: Why thank you, I think so too, but I don't think I'm supposed to say it out loud.

So anyway, I don't have a clue what this was all about. I think I hit the eggnog too hard or the eggnog hit me too hard. Something hit something really hard and now I'm here.

so anyway, here's the song I sang earlier for you sexy bitches. Unfortunately, I wasn't drunk at the time so I have no excuse for how terrible it is.

Jingle Bells (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53563334/jingle%20bells.mp3)

fire_of_avalon
12-26-2011, 04:52 AM
I think I wet myself.

chionos
12-26-2011, 05:05 AM
To make it up to you, I present this (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53563334/foa%20mommy.mp3) as an apology. It's part of a batch of things my daughter and I were working on today but didn't have time to finish so the idea got scrapped. I saved this clip and one other that I'll be saving for an appropriate moment somewhere down the road.

I promise it's not like the other one. At all.

Tigmafuzz
12-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Something hit something really hard and now I'm here.
I'll say. :D

Peegee
12-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Christmas? this is why i dislike christmas
oops naughty words here and there (http://i40.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/66x7x0.jpg)

why can't we be more appreciative year-round? because those people simply don't want to. Every day you wake up in a country not ravashed by war, with a means to get food and lodging, and for some of you - the ability to get luxuries. That is more than ideal. I cannot express how lucky I am, and the idea that there are people like me who respond to this wealth by being entitled little titheads....

I exercise my 1st amendment rights to troll the hell out of them. And I just laugh and continue to mock them after they get bumhurt and block me.

facebook is awesome.

Tigmafuzz
12-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Me and some friends actually used to go out and find those people and do stuff to their houses. I think we managed to get 10 or so of them before we got caught. We paid a $200 fine and got a slap on the wrist, and were let go. Totally worth it. Stupid spoiled fucking teenagers.

Gamblet
01-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Something hit something really hard and now I'm here.
I'll say. :D

I got hit by a rocket to the head at the start of the new year... I'm serious.

Happy New Year everybody!