PDA

View Full Version : >> Good games for the Wii..

black orb
12-26-2011, 04:32 AM
>>> I gonna get a Wii so I need some good games for this console..:luca:

Hint. I like RPGs.. and I hate Zelda games.

chionos
12-26-2011, 04:34 AM
Hint: get an SNES or a PS

ok edit for seriousness:

Fire Emblem

Muramasa: A good fast-paced ARPG.

Super Paper Mario: of course.

Twilight Princess: If you didn't play it on the 'Cube that is. If you did the unique controls aren't enough to warrant a second buy.

Okami: If you haven't already played, see note on TP for details.

Tales of Symphonia

Rune Factory: A straightforward dungeon crawler. I found it kind of meh, but it had its moments.

That's what I can think of at the moment. There are several games connected to the Crystal Chronicles series that are supposedly good but I haven't played them to be able to recommend any of them.

black orb
12-26-2011, 04:37 AM
>>> I have a SNES emulator.. My PS1 broke a couple of weeks ago but I already played all the good games for it..:luca:

Marshall Banana
12-26-2011, 04:42 AM
Since you're an artist, you might appreciate Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

chionos
12-26-2011, 04:48 AM
Yeah, that was part of my edit, and I didn't even think of the artist aspect. That should probably be near the top of your list.

black orb
12-26-2011, 04:57 AM
>>> Thanks, I didnt know about Muramasa. I have heard about this other game called Xenoblade, I guess is a good one too..:luca:

chionos
12-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Well yeah, Xenoblade looks/sounds amazing, but it hasn't released in NA yet, so I haven't played it. It comes out here in like March or something and will probably be the last game I ever buy for the Wii.

The Man
12-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Metroid Prime Trilogy. Possibly pointless if you have the first two for GameCube, though they add new features such as a Wiimote-based control scheme and an achievement system, but 3 is also available separately for the Wii. Unfortunately it's out of print in the U.S. and Australia, and the prices it goes for are often extortionate. And, of course, the Wii is region locked. I have yet to find it for a reasonable price and thus don't own it yet. However, this doesn't affect you since you, if memory serves, live in Germany.

What little I've played of Skyward Sword is also enjoyable, but you've said you hate Zelda so whatever. If you enjoy old-school platformers you can't go wrong with New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Though it's one of the hardest games in the series, so you've been warned.

ljkkjlcm9
12-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Titles not mentioned:
kirby epic yarn is fun but easy
kirby return to dreamland is tons of fun with friends
donkey Kong country returns is great
lost in shadow is cheap and a great artistic game
boy and his blob is a fun puzzle game, new take on an old NES title
smash bros brawl is always a good decision
Mario galaxy 1 and 2 of course
no more heroes, both of them
Arc rise fantasia is a good rpg

i would like to reiterate muramasa the demon blade. One of my favorite wii titles.

THE JACKEL

Jessweeee♪
12-26-2011, 05:35 PM
The Wii game I've played the most over the years is probably Tomb Raider Anniversary. If Tomb Raider is your thing :p

Del Murder
12-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Donkey Kong Country Returns and the two Mario Galaxy games are probably the best non-Zelda games for Wii. Xenoblade may be on that list, but that hasn't come out in NA regions so we wouldn't really know! All I know is I'm definitely getting it when it comes out.

black orb
01-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Fire Emblem
>>> Damn, this game is hard..:luca:

I have played various games from the lists already
So far only Fire emblem and Muramasa got me interested the Mario galaxy games are fun too..
Kind of disappointed with the DKC game, is way too different from the original one. For some reason I expected a remake or something.

FF Crystal bearers is pretty but it doesnt feel like Im playing a FF game (maybe it gets better later)..
I was surprised with Soul Calibur Legends (i expected a fighting game), and it looks like you have the chance to play with Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia.

Trauma Team is the most WTF game I have played ever..

Bubba
01-07-2012, 03:34 PM
This may not be your thing but I would recommend Resident Evil 4.

Even though it's pretty much the same as the Gamecube version... the Wii controls are perfect for it. Just awesome from start to finish.

I go back to it quite regularly... when I'm feeling brave enough.

Fynn
01-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Xenoblade Chronicles is only the best game ever. If that's your thing and it's available to you, get it. You need it.

black orb
01-08-2012, 03:59 AM
>>> I`ll wait till is released around here, I dont know Japanese.. I wonder how many discs we will have to swith to play this one :D..:luca:

chionos
01-08-2012, 04:55 AM
Yeah, it's just a few months.

For a while I thought I missed the good ol' days of having 3-4 discs per game, but FFXIII reminded me that I was wrong.

Mirage
01-08-2012, 10:32 AM
I heard wii sports is the best selling game in the world, so it's got to be good, right? I think it came with your Wii, so maybe you could try it out.

For a while I thought I missed the good ol' days of having 3-4 discs per game, but FFXIII reminded me that I was wrong.

Yeah, I can't believe they couldn't fit it all on one bluray disc :(.

black orb
01-08-2012, 06:08 PM
I heard wii sports is the best selling game in the world, so it's got to be good, right? I think it came with your Wii, so maybe you could try it out.
>>> I got New super mario bros wii and a soundtrack with the console..:luca:

Yeah, I can't believe they couldn't fit it all on one bluray disc :(.
>>> The xbox FF13? that console only read DVD if im not wrong..:luca:

Mirage
01-09-2012, 12:51 AM
On a more serious note, try Xenoblade.

black orb
01-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Super Paper Mario
>>> Best Mario ever..:luca:

Del Murder
01-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Super Paper Mario
>>> Best Mario ever..:luca:
I found it a little boring.

black orb
01-11-2012, 08:52 PM
>>> Kirby's epic yarn is boring, Super Paper Mario is awesome..:luca:

Quindiana Jones
01-12-2012, 08:14 AM
1. Trade in Wii.
2. Buy PS2.
3. Live long and happy life.

Evastio
01-12-2012, 04:28 PM
1. Trade in Wii.
2. Buy PS2.
3. Live long and happy life.
No.

It's quite obvious the guy already has a PS2, seeing how he never would've been able to play FFX without it (his favourite FF). And the Wii may not have a traditional controller (that is compatible with almost all Wii games) or graphics on par with current generation systems, but it's got a strong library of exclusives and they encompasses a lot of game genres.

On topic, I know they've already been mentioned, but knowing black orb, Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World would be the ones that I think would appeal to him the most. I hope you have friends that you can play those games locally with, since they're a lot more fun in multiplayer.

chionos
01-12-2012, 04:45 PM
EoFF rule #24788: What to do when you come across a post by Stiltzquin

1a. Read post to be polite.
1b. Don't be insulted.
1c. Don't take post seriously.
2. Forget what you just read.

black orb
01-12-2012, 04:58 PM
>>> I got the Wii just a couple of weeks ago and a ton of games I have yet to play, so there is no way Im getting rid of it (yet)..

Yeah I want to play the Tales games too, about the multiplayer I dont have any friends so that not an option, LOL..

BTW, my fav FF game is FF1. FFX is my third favorite..:luca:

NeoCracker
01-14-2012, 11:20 PM
No More Heroes and No more Heroes Desperate struggle.

Those games are glorious if you are in the mood for a ridiculously over the top story, and the game play is pretty solid as well.

And yeah, Muramasa was bar none one of the systems best games.

Mirage
01-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Did you get Xenoblade yet?

black orb
01-20-2012, 07:57 PM
>>> Tatsunoko vs Capcom ultimate all stars, I smurfing love this game! my favorite Wii game so far.
Im surprised no one mentioned it..:luca:

Ashi
01-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Trauma Team. It's not an RPG but I am an RPG fan and I enjoyed it a lot. It's not the same as other Trauma Centre games at all.

Edge7
01-21-2012, 06:36 PM
.. and I hate Zelda games.

Blasphemer!

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSscaLdO4l4)Seriously though, as other comments have said. Muramasa is outright astounding. I typically use my wii as a super nintendo, but the Some games I enjoyed were Sin and Punishment: Star Successor and Mad World (cathartic glorified violence). I've been thinking about getting Resi4 myself.

Mirage
01-23-2012, 03:57 AM
I don't like the zelda games either.

Edge7
01-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Nah, it's cool. I don't really care if someone doesn't like Zelda; I just wanted an excuse to use that clip from Uncle Buck.