PDA

View Full Version : That title you've been waiting for may be announced...

Wolf Kanno
12-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Those were the words Atlus told news sources when asked about plans for 2012. (http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/10427.html) Most fans, myself included think it may be Persona 5. They started work on it not long after P3P was released and while the Vita port of P4 and Catherine have been keeping the team busy, there is nothing to say they haven't been working on it on the side. Besides, announcing the game doesn't means it will be released this year, but we may get to see some screenshots and hear some new info on the title.

The other title fans are expecting is a console entry for Shin Megami Tensei which is also plausible but I feel P5 has this in the bag unless there is some other high profile title Atlus has the rights to that is escaping my mind at the moment.

So any thoughts?

Slothy
12-29-2011, 02:21 AM
If it is Persona 5 then I only have one thing to say: It's about fucking time.

Edge7
12-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Growlanser 7 OH BOY!

Seriously though, I can't imagine it being anything other than another entry in the SMT series (which includes P5). It's pretty much their biggest franchise currently, and a lot of people are pretty excited to see what they're going to do next. My only question is if they're going to continue referencing the protagonist of P3.

Wolf Kanno
12-29-2011, 10:21 AM
What you got something against Minato? You know he died for your sins right? ;)

NeoCracker
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM
What you got something against Minato? You know he died for your sins right? ;)

I'm not sure if you realize just how hard I am trying to not wake everyone up in my apartment after reading this just now. XD

I Don't Need A Name
12-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Halle-freaking-lujah!

Jessweeee♪
12-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Pleeeeaaase Persona 5! (And please be on a console I own.)

NeoCracker
12-29-2011, 04:38 PM
If this is anything other then Persona 5 on PS3 Imma have to choke a bitch.

Hollycat
12-29-2011, 04:44 PM
I've never even played Persona 1, or even seen it for sale

Jessweeee♪
12-29-2011, 04:57 PM
I've never even played Persona 1, or even seen it for sale

It was recently remade for PSP! Though personally I prefer Persona 3 and 4. The first two are nice if you're one for the classics.

NeoCracker
12-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Yeah, Persona 1? Did not age well at all. :p

Edge7
12-29-2011, 08:05 PM
What you got something against Minato? You know he died for your sins right? ;) On the contrary my dear Kanno; I said question, not grief. I hope they make another game that features Minato in some way. When I was a wee lad (as in, 1 year ago), I made this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eBShOWHVpw

Hollycat
12-29-2011, 09:01 PM
To be more clear, I have never seen, played or seen for sale, any Persona game.

Agent Proto
12-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Your best bet finding any of the Persona games are online. You'll be extremely lucky if you can find them in Gamestop or other stores.

Edge7
12-30-2011, 02:31 AM
Your best bet finding any of the Persona games are online. You'll be extremely lucky if you can find them in Gamestop or other stores. The funny thing is, I've found my copy of P4 and a 3 year old copy of P3 complete with CD and Artbook at a local store, and I have also seen 2 copies of P4 at my local Gamestop. I guess I'm just lucky.

Wolf Kanno
12-30-2011, 04:36 AM
Atlus is pretty notorious for shipping small amounts of games to retail, anyone who follows them knows that if they release a game you want, you better get ready to pay full price cause finding a copy later can be a problem if the game is super popular. Finding the original P3 or it's Director's Cut FES can be an issue, course the Persona games are not as difficult to track as say... Digital Devil Saga, SMTIII:Nocturne, or the first Disgaea game on PS2.

P1, is decidedly old school, and I can only recommend it to completionist or people who really enjoy old school dungeon crawlers. P2 (both games, don't ask...:eep: ) is considerably better but probably still too "old school" for modern RPG tastes. P3 is the newb friendly entry and introduced the popular Social Link system that newbie fans adore and old school fans hate. It's often considered to be the FFVII of the Persona franchise cause it actually became a cult smash hit that made the series popular, and is still one of the best selling entries in the series receiving an awesome Director's Cut, an anime sequel, and a revamped port to PSP. P4 is also just as popular and is getting it's own revamped port for Vita and has spawned an anime series, and a musical in Japan.

I heard part of the reason that P5 is taking so long is because the team really wanted to revamp elements in the game like P3 did for the series, and after playing through Catherine, I'm interested to see what they have come up with.