PDA

View Full Version : A New Year - A New Start?

Chris
12-30-2011, 11:29 PM
Well, the new year is fastly approaching, and it is an excellent opportunity to get started on a "new" adventure. So, what do you have planned for the new year? going back to replay a game you haven't touched in a long time?

As for me, I think it is time for me to reacquaint myself with FFX once more. It's been a while, and this is a perfect opportunity to get the ball rollin' once again.

I also recently bought the Broken Sword Trilogy for my PC, and I haven't even opened it yet - it is still sealed.

So?

Rostum
12-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Just trying not to go back and play old games, and get some new ones under my belt. I've got heaps of new games just sitting there, but I always find myself playing something older and more comfortable to me.

Pike
12-31-2011, 02:42 AM
I'm still planning to attempt to dump at least several hours into every game I own on Steam, which is... I think I'm up to 167 now?

And finish replaying all the FFs.

Wolf Kanno
12-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Just trying not to go back and play old games, and get some new ones under my belt. I've got heaps of new games just sitting there, but I always find myself playing something older and more comfortable to me.

This, I'm seriously trying to fight off a serious urge to replay the Suikoden and XENO series and finally finish some of my PSP/PS3 games and maybe start on my huge stack of old PS2 titles I haven't even booted up yet.

Slothy
12-31-2011, 11:30 AM
I've got a stack of games over the holidays that I need to tear into and start finishing: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations, Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Persona 2, Super Street Fighter IV AE and Ico & Shadow of the Colossus collection. The only real saving grace is that I obviously have to wait to start AC:R and Ico & SotC I've already played through multiple times so the decision of what to play is at least a bit simpler than it appears. Still, I've somehow ended up with more games in one month than I bought in the entire preceding year. This is going to take a while.

black orb
12-31-2011, 07:21 PM
So, what do you have planned for the new year?
>>> Waste all my money on games as always..:luca:

Quindiana Jones
12-31-2011, 10:23 PM
Gonna finally complete Ico and SotC (got to 14 one time, but never finished). I'm also going to play Okami again, because it's damn near a perfect game. Also playing Assassin's Creed 2 - Revelations. I'll buy Revelations sometime next year when it's cheap. I need to finish playing all the FFs and get back on the hunt for FF8. And of course Skyrim.

Iceglow
12-31-2011, 11:23 PM
I haven't played all the games I brought in 2011 let alone 2012. I'm going to need to finish playing Elder Scrolls 3 (god help me I suck on this game), Elder Scrolls 4 (god help me I suck on this game too), Final Fantasy XII because I keep getting bored, Fallout 3's expansion packs, Final Fantasy XIII, Dragon Age 2, Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2 (I've completed it but not done everything), Bully, Grand Theft Auto 4, Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Last Remnant and more.

Though even though I anticipate suckage at it, I will be buying Skyrim. I also will be buying Mass Effect 3.

Depression Moon
12-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Gonna start on my second playthrough of Half-Life 2 Episode 2 and get all my characters in FFIX back to Level 99.

Bolivar
01-01-2012, 03:42 AM
Not really a whole lot of new titles I'm looking forward to in 2012 (that I know of), but my "thing" lately has been playing handheld RPGs of older games I never got to play and newer portable titles I'm typically not into. Right now I'm about 30 hours into Dragon Quest VI. In 2011 I plan to tackle:

Arc the Lad (I-III probably on PSOne Classics, played on my PSP ^_^)
Tactics Ogre (second play through, have to buy digitally on PSP)
Dragon Quest IX
Vagrant Story

Games/series I'm considering:
Lufia
Chrono Cross
Knights in the Nightmare/that series it's from...
Golden Sun (would want to hunt down GBA first, not sure if I'd like it...)
Breath of Fire (played a long time ago, just not sure about this either)
Suikoden (idk...)

Games I hope will get ported/released:
Dragon Warrior VII on PSOne Classics
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Final Fantasy XII HD

I think there's some I'm forgetting, but that's a rough picture of what my year for RPGs is looking like. This point in the console generation is also a great time to take holiday money and stock up on cheap PS3 titles I never got to, but that's just not that enticing of an investment for me. I do plan on replaying Valkyria Chronicles 1 though...

Rostum
01-01-2012, 04:03 AM
Good luck trying to get the first two Golden Sun's cheap. You're better off emulating them. :( At least last time I looked they were way too expensive.

Wolf Kanno
01-01-2012, 04:52 AM
^ Depends on how good your local used game store market is. I kind find both titles and probably get them for both for about $25 dollars which isn't too bad.

Also Bolivar, I'm taking your RPG credentials away for not playing Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Suikoden series, Breath of Fire series, or Golden Sun. How dare you... :p

nirojan
01-01-2012, 05:18 AM
Completely unrelated (well it kind of is):

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!:kakapo:

Pete for President
01-02-2012, 10:43 AM
I'll be getting my hands on some classics like the first Deus Ex and Ace Combat 5, as well as catching up on Dark Souls at some point.

NeoCracker
01-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I need to get a few games I missed from Last year, to be specific Catherine, Dark Souls, and possibly Ascension of the Metetron, and get around to playing more Xeno gears.

Only five or six games on my list for the coming year and all. ;_;

Del Murder
01-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Skyward Sword
Uncharted 3
Arkham City

Those should keep me busy for a while. Then comes FFXIII-2.

In portable gaming I will finish Radiant Historia and then catch up with the Layton series. Then consider buying a 3DS. On PSP I plan on playing some PS1 classics that I downloaded recently. Vagrant Story being first, then Threads of Fate and Suikoden.

Bolivar
01-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Just downloaded Tactics Ogre (+ transferred save files), Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins off of the PSP section of the PS Store. The last two were $5-$6 because of some crazy Capcom sale. Both are really awesome - although I think 2D was what made X1 as awesome as it was, this is still a very fun 3D remake; Ghosts n Goblins is one of my favorites from my childhood and that's a blast to get back to as well.

I was looking through the strategy guide last night and I think Tactics Ogre is going to be the mother of all strategy games for me. This time I'm going to try to progress all the classes as they come along, including recruiting monster units as they show up, especially for the special classes the humanoids get. My body is ready.

Also Bolivar, I'm taking your RPG credentials away for not playing Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Suikoden series, Breath of Fire series, or Golden Sun. How dare you... :p

You'll have to forgive me, after Xenogears, FFVI, and Tactics Advance it's hard to take the recommendations of this forum seriously :joker:

Wolf Kanno
01-06-2012, 04:41 AM

You'll have to forgive me, after Xenogears, FFVI, and Tactics Advance it's hard to take the recommendations of this forum seriously :joker:

Hey man, it's not my fault your taste in gaming is sub-par, you'll have to commune with whatever deity or god you worship to figure out why he/she screwed you on that front. :yamete:

Jiro
01-06-2012, 04:49 AM
I'm going to have one hell of a backlog when I get home.