PDA

View Full Version : You're Speaking My Language!

Laddy
12-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Are there any languages you would like to learn?

I would like to improve my fairly mediocre French, and Arabic is an absolutely amazing language.

Pike
12-31-2011, 11:18 PM
I would like to learn all of them.

Tigmafuzz
01-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Aw she beat me to it.
I would like to learn all of them.
/thread

chionos
01-01-2012, 06:05 AM
I already know Spanish, quite a bit of Greek and Hebrew, and a little French and Italian, but the language I really want to learn is Russian. I've started working on it before but never managed to get very far past learning the alphabet and pronunciations and some basic words/phrases. I just love Russian. I'd like to be fully fluent in Spanish, French, and Russian--there are books in each of them that I'd like to read in the original language.

Yar
01-01-2012, 08:03 AM
I can't listen to Arabic. It sound like they're speaking backwards.

Raistlin
01-01-2012, 05:16 PM
I wish my Spanish wasn't so crappy; it would be fairly useful to know. I was considering taking this Legal Spanish class next semester, but it's at 9 AM and that is just unreasonable.

Shlup
01-02-2012, 12:01 AM
If I found a genie, one of my three wishes would be to be fluent in every language.

I've really enjoyed studying Japanese, though I haven't gotten very far since I don't have much practical use for it. I would like to learn Spanish, but mostly because I do have practical use for it.

Sylvie
01-03-2012, 06:46 AM
I'd like to learn Czech and Enochian.

Jessweeee♪
01-03-2012, 09:14 PM
I want to learn Spanish because while I live in a major city, all of the outlying small towns are primarily Spanish speaking. It's an invaluable skill around here. I'm thinking of taking a course next semester even though it won't count towards my degree because if I do well, then I think it will benefit me more than my actual degree will.

Jiro
01-05-2012, 02:53 AM
Programming languages so I can put Rantz out of his (EoFF) job.

Sorry bro :(

clementin
01-05-2012, 03:01 AM
I already know Spanish, quite a bit of Greek and Hebrew, and a little French and Italian, but the language I really want to learn is Russian. I've started working on it before but never managed to get very far past learning the alphabet and pronunciations and some basic words/phrases. I just love Russian. I'd like to be fully fluent in Spanish, French, and Russian--there are books in each of them that I'd like to read in the original language.

Russian is very sweet language. you can change order between object and verb to have another meaning. Do you have some russian friends who can help you practice it? I stayed in Russian 1 year to study language . I can speak English, French ,Russian .My mother language is Vietnamese .

Iceglow
01-05-2012, 04:56 AM
I speak a little Polish and learnt French and Japanese at school and college. Currently I'm picking up some Portuguese from a friend who is using me to learn English better.

Bubba
01-05-2012, 10:07 AM
I could speak English fluently by the time I was seventeen. Which isn't that impressive when you consider I was born in England and it's my first and only language.

Or we counting the language of love? Because if that's the case... then I'm still only fluent in one language.

Seriously though, I would love to learn Spanish. I haven't met many nice French people so that put me off learning their language.