PDA

View Full Version : The Forecast for gaming in 2012 is....

NeoCracker
01-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Kind of Meh for me so far.

I currently have the following games Pre-Ordered.

Borderlands 2
Lolipop Chainsaw
Twisted Metal.

I'm probably going to be adding Devil Survivor 2 to that list shortly, but on a whole I find currently announced games uninspiring.

Tales of Grace F, Sly Kooper, and Anarchy Reigns look like possible options, but don't seem like they are worth full price.

This year may be me catching up on games I missed last year, like Katherine and Dark Souls, possibly Ascension of the Metatron, or whatever it was called.

This year also has the possobility of a new Atlus Title, which I will probably end up buying if it looks good, and definately if it's P5.

On a whole the year is starting off looking dim compared to this last year however.

So, thoughts on the up coming year in gaming? Do you take my slightly pessamistic out look? Does more intrigue you? Are there simply not enough announcements to catch your eye? Do you just not give a fuck?

Pete for President
01-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Journey and the Last Guardian are the games I'm looking forward to. I'll keep an eye on SSX, but I'll need to play it before getting my hopes up. That's all I think.

NeoCracker
01-02-2012, 10:49 AM
How did I space Last Guardian?

Psychotic
01-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Mass Effect 3 or gtfo.

Pike
01-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Xenonauts maybe? I mean I guess it's already sort of out...

I'm just gonna play a bunch of old games.

VeloZer0
01-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Thus far the only new game that I plan on buying this year is Borderlands 2. But then again the only new game I think I bought last year is Disgaea 4.

DMKA
01-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Right now, I am looking forward to:

Assassin's Creed III
Bioshock Infinite
Darksiders II
DmC: Devil May Cry
Final Fantasy X HD
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (hey I can dream)
Journey
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Mass Effect 3
Ninja Gaiden 3
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Soulcalibur V
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us
Tomb Raider
Twisted Metal

Yeah, that's about it.

Wolf Kanno
01-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Xenoblade Chronicles is the only game I have pre-ordered at the moment. I would say The Last Guardian, but considering it doesn't have a release date yet, I'm saying that's a long shot entry as well. So not much in the way of "new" titles. So I'll be spending my time catching up on all the late 2011 releases like Arkhum City, AC: Revelations, and Skyward Sword.

VeloZer0
01-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Is that seriously what the are calling it?

DMKA
01-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Is that seriously what the are calling it?
Yes. It's a terrible title.

Rostum
01-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Well I don't really pre-order games, I'm not worried about whether I get a game months after release or not. However there are a lot of games I am looking foward to such as:

Journey
Final Fantasy XIV v2.0
KH3D (which means a possible 3DS buying)
Bioshock Infinite
Guild Wars 2
The Last Guardian
Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
And... Perhaps Final Fantasy XIII-2

Slothy
01-02-2012, 10:15 PM

Has this been confirmed to be coming out in 2012? I figure it has to be close since it was playable at some event recently and they've shown off all of the new units, but I hadn't heard a firm release date yet. If it does come out this year, then it's officially the only game other than Last Guardian that I can think of that has me excited right now.

Depression Moon
01-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Skullgirls and that's it so far.

chionos
01-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Xenoblade
Journey
The Last Guardian
ME3
and interestingly enough, FFXIII-2. Somehow I've been tricked into having hope for this thing

black orb
01-02-2012, 10:56 PM
>>> Im just looking forward to FFX HD, that game alone will make my year...:luca:

NeoCracker
01-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Checking up on NIS, something I haven't done for ages, I guess I'll tag on Atelier Meruru to ones I'm getting for sure. I've enjoyed both of the Atelier Arland games so far (Atelier Rorona and Totori), and if they keep up the improvements I'm sure this one will be splendid as well.

There is also Hyper Dimension Neptunia MK2. Even though I really enjoyed the first, I'm not sure on this one. They will need a pretty big change to the battle system, since the other one can get very repetitive, not something that will last for two games.

Rostum
01-03-2012, 05:32 AM

Has this been confirmed to be coming out in 2012? I figure it has to be close since it was playable at some event recently and they've shown off all of the new units, but I hadn't heard a firm release date yet. If it does come out this year, then it's officially the only game other than Last Guardian that I can think of that has me excited right now.

I damn well hope so, lol. It's been over a year since I paid full price for a third of a game.

Oh yeah, Final Fantasy X HD will be on my to-get list too. I also really want to get Xenoblade Chronicles, even though it's already released over here. Oh, also... Is The Last Story supposed to come out this year? If so, that too please.

Depression Moon
01-03-2012, 03:32 PM
Just to reiterate on Skullgirls, I can't think of any other game developer that has had as much involvement with the gaming community as Reverge. Most companies just make the game without asking for direct feedback from the community and answering their questions. The community has helped changed its structure, image, and play throughout its conception. I can't tell you when the last time I've known a developer that speaks with the community on a regular basis and doesn't beat around the bush when being asked something that may put themselves in a negative light. That's someone I'm definitely willing to give money to.

Levian
01-03-2012, 03:36 PM
*slaps you all with a wooden spoon*

Silent Hill Downpour!

Loony BoB
01-03-2012, 03:56 PM
I will almost certainly buy...
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (pre-ordered)
Mass Effect 3 (inevitably will be pre-ordered)
Football Manager 2013 (I will cave in and buy this after it has been released, just like every other year)
Journey
Tomb Raider

I might buy...
Halo 4 (pretty likely I'll get this at some point)
Grand Theft Auto V (pretty likely I'll get this at some point)
Far Cry 3
BioShock Infinite
The Last Guardian
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (basically, if I get a Vita, I will get this game)

I will probably pay for a month's play every few months on...
Final Fantasy XIV

Slothy
01-03-2012, 05:11 PM
*slaps you all with a wooden spoon*

Silent Hill Downpour!

I care enough to wait and see what happens with it, but after the last several games I'm not anticipating anything amazing. It doesn't help that the dev teams one other title was a downloadable one that apparently wasn't that great. I guess technically at least some of them worked on Mafia 2 as well, but I never heard anything too stellar about that title.

chionos
01-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Silent Hill's been all downhill since SH2, and not in a scary thrillride kind of way. More like a I tried to do an awesome trick to impress my girl but tripped and fell down this steep incline covered in sharp pointy rocks and hard less pointy rocks that still hurt pretty bad

Mirage
01-03-2012, 05:46 PM
I'll probably buy FF13-2, Mass Effect 3, The MGS HD collection (not yet released in Europe), FFX and FFXII HD (They'll probably be released as a two-game bundle), and Lollipop Chainsaw.

edit
Oh yeah, Soul Calibur 5, if people don't tell me it's no improvement over SC4. SC4 is already pretty disappointing, considering all the features they failed to include that were present in the earlier games. Some of the features I'm missing in 4 even exists in the game code in one form or another, but it's impossible to actually select them manually when you want to make for example a local versus match.

Jessweeee♪
01-03-2012, 09:07 PM
I am fangirling most over Mass Effect 3 and Tomb Raider. I'm also fairly excited about FFXIII-2 and the next Assassin's Creed. I'd probably be more excited about Assassin's Creed if I had played Brotherhood or Revelations though. But soon! Brotherhood is coming soon! I have the Xbox to play it with and income now! I have all of 2011 and late 2010 to push through before I can get into new games.

Bolivar
01-03-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm keeping an eye out on Vita stuff, but I'm probably not getting one until the end of the year or whenever the first revision comes out.

Whatever Treyarch's next game is (most likely Call of Duty(most likely Black Ops 2)) I'm very much excited for that. Like, a lot. Twisted Metal might be the only other title. Looking forward to a lot of older games in 2012.

Loony BoB
01-04-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm also fairly excited about FFXIII-3
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, now. ;)

Jessweeee♪
01-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Whoops! Fixed it xD

I forgot about the Vita! The idea of having FFX, my favorite Final Fantasy, on a handheld is exciting! I'm also looking forward to Persona 4: The Golden. Dunno if I'll actually own a Vita in 2012 though :p

Mirage
01-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot about tales of graces F, and apparently there is a dead or alive 5 now, might get those two as well.

2012 isn't going to be too bad of a year.

Del Murder
01-05-2012, 08:11 PM
ME3 and FFXIII-2 are enough to keep me going for a while. I'll probably also play FFXIV at some point and those Wii RPGs if they ever come out.

Pike
01-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Firaxis (makers of Civ) just announced they are making a new X-Com game and it is slated for release later this year. This is now my one true GOTYAY for 2012.

Loony BoB
01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Firaxis (makers of Civ) just announced they are making a new X-Com game and it is slated for release later this year. This is now my one true GOTYAY for 2012.
Wait, do you mean the FPS from 2K Games? *confused*

Slothy
01-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Wait, do you mean the FPS from 2K Games? *confused*

Nope. That's still being made, but Firaxis is also making a strategy X-Com at the same time. I just heard about it this morning and, like Pike, I find I have a reason to be much more excited about this year.

Loony BoB
01-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Oooh, I hope someone does an EoFF-style thing a la Marick. Without the tradition of leaving it too early, of course.

Shattered Dreamer
01-09-2012, 10:47 AM
FFX and FFXII HD (They'll probably be released as a two-game bundle)

I heard about FFX HD but wasn't aware of FFXII getting the HD treatment! Apart from that 2012 in gaming terms starts for me on February 3rd with the European release of Metal Gear Solid HD collection. After that probably Borderlands 2, Syndicate (not an FPS fan formally but this looks pretty cool), Final Fantasy XIII-2 (but only if I finally bother to finish FFXIII first) & I must also finally track down a pre owned copies of Portal 2 & Uncharted 2(I know I'm behind a little).

Mirage
01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
I didn't hear about FFXII HD either, it was just an assumption I made. It probably won't be bundled with FFX, but I still think it will come sooner or later.

Slothy
01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
I must also finally track down a pre owned copies of Portal 2 & Uncharted 2(I know I'm behind a little).

Why would you need to get a pre-owned copy of Portal 2? It's $30 on Steam. And if you wait for a sale you can probably get it for less than a used copy. Unless your only option is to play it on a console. In which case I'd say eww.

Shattered Dreamer
01-09-2012, 01:05 PM
I didn't hear about FFXII HD either, it was just an assumption I made. It probably won't be bundled with FFX, but I still think it will come sooner or later.

How cruel of you to get my hopes up like that :( :p Not so sure I'll buy FFX HD, it's a good game but it's not in my top 5 FF games. But I'd definitely buy FFXII HD!

Why would you need to get a pre-owned copy of Portal 2? It's $30 on Steam. And if you wait for a sale you can probably get it for less than a used copy. Unless your only option is to play it on a console. In which case I'd say eww.

Alas my laptop isn't good enough to run Portal 2 so I'll be getting it for my PS3 at some point in the not to distant future. I did get to play Portal 2 on the PC though, such an awesome game!

I also need to add the ICO & Shadows Of The Colossus HD Collection & Metal Gear Rising: Revengence to my list. Gonna have to find the money for all these games somehow!