PDA

View Full Version : How's Your Eyesight?

Pike
01-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Mine's pretty terrible. I'm nearsighted like whoa and anything more than about six inches from my face is blurry. To fix it, I've worn glasses since I was about 14 years old. I went through a stint of a few years where I wore contacts, which was nice because then I didn't have any glasses to smudge up, but then I got tired of putting them in every morning (and taking them out every night) so I just went back to glasses. :monster: (People tell me I look better with glasses anyway, so... yeah.)

How about you guys?

Jessweeee♪
01-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Pretty bad. I've worn glasses since I was ten. I'm thinking of switching to contacts so I can wear sunglasses and get creative with bangs without looking silly.

Levian
01-03-2012, 03:09 PM
a bit near-sighted. Got -1 on both my eyes. I wear glasses when I watch TV and when I'm otherwise concentrating on something.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Left eye is 20/200 and the right is normal. The doctor calls it natural bifocals, and that it'll be a good thing years from now. :|

Loony BoB
01-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Both eyes are basically terrible. Short sighted and the blur begins at roughly 15cm distance. I can't judge it well right now as I've not got my contacts in. I look forward to someday getting laser surgery. =|

EDIT: I got glasses at around seven years old. Started using contacts at around 22.

Raistlin
01-03-2012, 04:29 PM
I am terribly, terribly near-sighted. I have worn glasses since I was 9, and am completely unable to function without my glasses or contacts in. I can read without glasses only if I hold the book so close that it is only a few inches from my nose.

Peegee
01-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Same as WesLEY

I considered getting pew pew surgery in 2011 but instead I spent that money to get drunk in NYC

Now I don't think I'll get it until 2013, if at all.

Rye
01-03-2012, 04:41 PM
I've worn glasses since I was about 8! I'm -7.5 in both eyes. >_x

chionos
01-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Nearsighted terribleness. It's really sad, without my glasses I once mistook my penis for a hairless child having an epileptic attack. We worked it out though.

Without my glasses, I'm worthless. I wear contacts too, but I much prefer glasses because my eyes are very sensitive so contacts are quite literally a pain.

Agent Proto
01-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Oh man, so far, only one of us have near perfect vision, and it ain't me. I'm like the majority of us, with poor vision that is only corrected by wearing glasses, which I had worn since I was 9 or 10.

Pumpkin
01-03-2012, 05:39 PM
I have 20/20 vision and have never had to wear glasses. However, when I stare at the light for too long, I see dots...

Psychotic
01-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Another member of the short-sighted team. Yeah I have glasses.

Freya
01-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Perfect vision, bitches. :cool:

Tigmafuzz
01-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Mine's pretty terrible. I'm nearsighted like whoa and anything more than about six inches from my face is blurry. To fix it, I've worn glasses since I was about 14 years old. I went through a stint of a few years where I wore contacts, which was nice because then I didn't have any glasses to smudge up, but then I got tired of putting them in every morning (and taking them out every night) so I just went back to glasses. :monster: (People tell me I look better with glasses anyway, so... yeah.)

How about you guys?
Exactly the same as this, except I've only worn glasses since I was 16. I'm not wearing them now though... I smurfING LEFT THEM IN SOUTH AMERICA >.<

You lucky, sexy bitch. :(

NorthernChaosGod
01-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm something like -1.75 without my contacts in, so I wear my contacts all the time.

You have 20/8 vision? :o

Freya
01-03-2012, 09:07 PM
I can see like a freaking night goggled eagle. Yah, its that awesome.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-03-2012, 09:27 PM
I have 20/20 vision and have never had to wear glasses. However, when I stare at the light for too long, I see dots...

How many times do I have to tell you not to stare at the Sun????

Raistlin
01-03-2012, 09:38 PM

Is that a glasses or contacts prescription? If it's contacts, we're about the same; if glasses, then I'm a bit worse (something like -8 in one and -8.25 in the other, IIRC). Either way, it's rare to know someone even close to my level of blindness.

Madame Adequate
01-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Another hugely nearsighted person reporting!

Old Manus
01-03-2012, 10:13 PM
I have perfect vision because I'm not from the part of the gene pool that people have been peeing in, but I swear to God I thought I was losing it when I started seeing these (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater) in my early teens.

Shlup
01-03-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm a little nearsighted. Just a tad. I got glasses in high school and it was like "Whoa! You're supposed to be able to see that??"

Rye
01-03-2012, 10:46 PM

Is that a glasses or contacts prescription? If it's contacts, we're about the same; if glasses, then I'm a bit worse (something like -8 in one and -8.25 in the other, IIRC). Either way, it's rare to know someone even close to my level of blindness.

That's specifically for my contacts. I'm unsure about my glasses Rx, but it's probably similar. Looks like we're shitty vision twins!

I only know one person with worse vision than my own, and it's not by much!

chionos
01-03-2012, 10:53 PM

That's specifically for my contacts. I'm unsure about my glasses Rx, but it's probably similar. Looks like we're titty vision twins!

I only know one person with worse vision than my own, and it's not by much!

Must be triplets, cause I definitely have titty vision too.

Rye
01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
;]

Pike
01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
This thread is what happens when we all have our Eyes on Final Fantasy for too long.

Mirage
01-03-2012, 11:12 PM
My eyesight is pretty darn good.

20/20 means you have average vision, just FYI.

Iceglow
01-04-2012, 12:06 AM
I don't require glasses. According to my last eye-test which was quite a few years ago I had perfect vision. I believe that I might be in dire need of a retest and possible glasses but until then I get to claim my vision is fine.

chionos
01-04-2012, 12:14 AM
This thread is what happens when we all have our Eyes on Final Fantasy for too long.

Alright. Who repped this moldy smelly piece of cheese right here?

Pumpkin
01-04-2012, 12:27 AM

20/20 means you have average vision, just FYI.

I'm aware.

Tigmafuzz
01-04-2012, 12:33 AM
I have perfect vision because I'm not from the part of the gene pool that people have been peeing in, but I swear to God I thought I was losing it when I started seeing these (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater) in my early teens.
Those eye floaters are pieces of the gel between the retina and lens of your eyeball breaking out of where it's supposed to be. Everyone gets them sooner or later, but if you have eye floaters too often it could mean you're gong blind. And we'd have to get a new Mold Anus.

fire_of_avalon
01-04-2012, 01:09 AM
My once 20/15 vision deteriorated to -.75 in college because of time spent studying/computering. She said it could bounce back if I stopped using computers as much, but every job I've had requires at least 4 hours a day in front of one.

I wear my glasses when I have to see things that are more than 20 feet away. And when I drive.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-04-2012, 02:17 AM
I have -2.50 contact Rx for both eyes. Which means I am sorta nearsighted. I still have to wear my contacts or glasses if I drive or anything. But I have a habit of only wearing them for half a year at a time. Who needs contacts when you are deployed? And I am always breaking or losing my glasses.

Tigmafuzz
01-04-2012, 02:45 AM
Why is almost everyone on this site nearsighted? We should create a close-range army. Very close-range army.

Raistlin
01-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Near-sightedness has a genetic component, but it is also caused by focusing close to the face for extended periods of time during one's youth (your eyes stop growing when you're around 20-years-old), resulting in one's eyes having difficulty focusing outward (near-sightedness). As people on this website tend to be nerds, and nerds tend to read and use computers more than the general population, it is no surprise that many of us are blind as fucking bats.

Quindiana Jones
01-04-2012, 05:06 AM
I have perfect vision. I can't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like "fucking awesome". Suck it, goggles. :smugtwat:

Loony BoB
01-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Oh man, I totally forgot about floaters! I saw them in my primary school years and haven't seen them since. I always thought they were amusing more than anything and never thought to consider them being anything abnormal... but yeah, wow, that surely wins the award for weirdest thing to get nostalgia over, huh?

EDIT: I'll try to remember to check my contacts box when I get home, I can't remember exactly what level of terrible I am with my eyesight but it's probably around the same as yourselves, Rye/Raist/chionos.

Parker
01-04-2012, 10:50 AM
I was kinda reluctant to click a link to "Floaters" from Old Manus.

I have crap vision, and I want to get laser'd. I want to be able to open my eyes in the morning and be able to see without fumbling for my face irons first

Fynn
01-04-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm just a bit near-sighted, with -1 on one eye and -0.5 on the other. But I also have astigmatism. Thank you, dad.

TrollHunter
01-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Reallllly near sighted. Not as bad as sayyy mistaking your penis for a child having an epileptic attack, but pretty bad.
I've worn glasses since 8 or 9, and I switched into contacs about a year or two ago.

NorthernChaosGod
01-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Near-sightedness has a genetic component, but it is also caused by focusing close to the face for extended periods of time during one's youth (your eyes stop growing when you're around 20-years-old), resulting in one's eyes having difficulty focusing outward (near-sightedness). As people on this website tend to be nerds, and nerds tend to read and use computers more than the general population, it is no surprise that many of us are blind as fucking bats.
I can thank all those video games for more than just being a lonely nerd. :(

chionos
01-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Oh man, I totally forgot about floaters! I saw them in my primary school years and haven't seen them since. I always thought they were amusing more than anything and never thought to consider them being anything abnormal... but yeah, wow, that surely wins the award for weirdest thing to get nostalgia over, huh?

EDIT: I'll try to remember to check my contacts box when I get home, I can't remember exactly what level of terrible I am with my eyesight but it's probably around the same as yourselves, Rye/Raist/chionos.

So you wake up sometimes to an ugly bald midget trying to attack you, then after you choke him out he vomits all over you and you realize that it's really your penis? I thought I was the only one.

It's actually way past time for me to get my prescription reevaluated, and I'm quite certain I'll need bifocals before too long. I spend too much time on the computer for work/school/play and then video games don't help and then I read deep into the night in the dark.

Jiro
01-05-2012, 02:32 AM
My eyesight varies between fine and can't see anything whenever it feels like.