PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

Carl the Llama
01-05-2012, 05:14 AM
Is it worth it for me to come back to this game? how much are they charging now? does anyone here still play this anymore, I would join if I had some friendly faces to come and play with, or at least talk in LS with me, having a LS with no people online is kinda lonely.

Del Murder
01-05-2012, 05:25 AM
Is it worth it for me to come back to buy this game?

chionos
01-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Is it worth it for me to come back to this game? how much are they charging now? does anyone here still play this anymore, I would join if I had some friendly faces to come and play with, or at least talk in LS with me, having a LS with no people online is kinda lonely.

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

Not worth it yet, wait a while.

Carl the Llama
01-05-2012, 07:55 AM

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.

Not worth it yet, wait a while.Was considering coming back once 2.0 goes live, any idea when that will be?

chionos
01-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Last I saw, it was supposed to hit late 2012. The PS3 version is supposed to come out at the same time.

Carl the Llama
01-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Last I saw, it was supposed to hit late 2012. The PS3 version is supposed to come out at the same time.

According to FFXIV Wikia (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIV) the release date for PS3 is not happening till 2013 :/

nirojan
01-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Is it worth it?
NO. As simple as that I'm afraid.

Last I saw, it was supposed to hit late 2012. The PS3 version is supposed to come out at the same time. the release date for PS3 is not happening till 2013 :/

Beta testing for PS3 version from Oct - Dec 2012. Retail release expected for Jan 2013 - whenever SE decides to release it.
An Important Announcement on the Future of FINAL FANTASY XIV (10/14/2011) - FFXIVCore.com - Final Fantasy XIV Fansite (http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/32096-an-important-announcement-on-the-future-of-final-fantasy-xiv-10142011/)

Loony BoB
01-06-2012, 09:14 AM
I'd at least wait until the job system is in place at minimum. See how it goes over the next few months and make your decision then. If you have money to throw away and if enough other people that you want to play with are also interested, then it could be a really fun game. The primary reason Danielle and I stopped playing was down to there being too few people who would be on regularly to party up with. We obviously met a few people who played that game that weren't from EoFF but they were often doing their own thing while we did ours. Danielle still logs in from time to time, but I think the charging has officially started now so we'll stop until the job system is in place and then check back to see how that goes. Probably won't play that much, but you never know. Beyond that, I'll probably pay for a month whenever a new patch is out that is of interest to me, or else whenever enough EoFFers are interested in playing alongside us. Sadly, finding enough EoFFers that will actually play when we play is a difficult thing. :p The biggest draw point remaining for FFXIV in my opinion is that it will be a changing world over the coming months, and to be part of a one-off event in the game's history would be really interesting. In fact, when I do pay for the odd month, one of the things I'll do more than anything else is go around talking to NPCs to keep up with the lore.

But if you have other things to spend your money on, I would advise you to wait until closer to 2.0's release.

nirojan
01-07-2012, 01:13 AM
@Loony Bob:
In good faith I can't recommend XIV. There are just too many AAA subscription MMO's that are just plain better. The Old Republic dropped a little while ago and i heard it's been off to a great start (for an MMO anyways).

Even in the F2P realm, there are a ton of higher-quality MMORPG's out there, that I can't justify a subscription for FF XIV or continued play tbh.

Loony BoB
01-09-2012, 09:25 AM
That's why I said to wait for the job system at minimum, but ideally wait a few months and then see how it all goes before asking again. :p

Roogle
01-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Wow, I can't believe what a mess the development of this game has become. How long has it been since the original retail release?

Loony BoB
01-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Wow, I can't believe what a mess the development of this game has become. How long has it been since the original retail release?
It hasn't become a mess - it was a mess and now it's become a non-mess. The only problem is that can't be done overnight, so there is a timeframe. But it's certainly improved by leaps and bounds from what it was under the previous management.

Sigard
02-08-2012, 01:00 AM
It hasn't become a mess - it was a mess and now it's become a non-mess. The only problem is that can't be done overnight, so there is a timeframe. But it's certainly improved by leaps and bounds from what it was under the previous management.

I agree. I think if the current game had been the original release, it would have done well enough, with the projected changes still coming of course. As soon as any Eoff'ers start up again, I hope I get to join the comradery. I totally need to game with some fellow FF fans to keep me sane.

Loony BoB
02-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Danielle and I are hoping to hop back into the game for a short time within the next few months to try out the job system. Not sure exactly when though as we're super-busy lately, and that might continue for a little while yet.

KentaRawr!
02-16-2012, 02:10 AM
And here I was thinking I would buy it day one. Good on me for waiting! :kakapo: