PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones

Rostum
01-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Not to be mistaken by the other Game of Thrones game that came out not too long ago. Here's a new epic RPG adventure published by Atlus, and written with the help of none-other than George R.R. Martin himself.

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Trailers : Game of Thrones - Trailer (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/5185-Game-of-Thrones-Trailer?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitterfeed&utm_campaign=auto)

Cloud88
01-13-2012, 07:00 PM
I think that this is a definite purchase. Purely because it's related to the novels.

Freya
01-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Yeah it's suppose to be set in the same time as the first book but new characters and of course new areas. Roberts bastards or something. Martin approved it so let's hope it's good!

G13
01-14-2012, 04:14 AM
This looks pretty good. Usually when I see games like this I cringe, but I find myself actually interested. I'll give it a while before I buy it though, just to be sure.

Quindiana Jones
01-14-2012, 02:57 PM
This has the potential to be fantastic. It will likely disappoint, however.

Psychotic
01-14-2012, 03:47 PM
I BELIEVE.

Madonna
01-15-2012, 08:39 PM
I am not to keen about the novelist's involvement; bestselling in one market does not translate to others necessarily. I love Atlus though, so I guess I will wait to see others have to say in review.

Bolivar
01-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Its critical reception has no bearing on my inevitable purchasing.

Iceglow
01-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Tbf, this is regardless of how much involvement George RR Martin has had in it, a tie in game for the TV series. When have tie in games ever been good? I cannot think of a single movie/tv/book tie in game outside of the LOTR games which hasn't sucked. Most games end up with books and comics tying in to them and that can work but the other way is almost never true. I'm deeply skeptical here but then I have been proven wrong in the past and so I'm hoping this will be a pleasant surprise.

Carl the Llama
01-23-2012, 03:00 AM
Tbf, this is regardless of how much involvement George RR Martin has had in it, a tie in game for the TV series. When have tie in games ever been good? I cannot think of a single movie/tv/book tie in game outside of the LOTR games which hasn't sucked. Most games end up with books and comics tying in to them and that can work but the other way is almost never true. I'm deeply skeptical here but then I have been proven wrong in the past and so I'm hoping this will be a pleasant surprise.

I have never played it before, but I hear loads of people thought the Spiderman games were pretty decent.

Bolivar
01-23-2012, 09:27 PM
^ some.

Quindiana Jones
01-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Spiderman 2. Ultimate Spiderman. Quin's Spiderman.