PDA

View Full Version : Name Length in Pokémon

Shinwa Tsuki
01-07-2012, 03:22 AM
I hope I have this in the right area......

Unable to start a new Pokémon game in Silver, Crystal, or Gold. I must ask for help, as I can not remember the max amount of characters one can input for a name - particularly the player and Pokémon nicknames.

So can anyone answer this: What is the maximum length that the Pokémon games allow? (Letters, punctuation, and such.)

Pike
01-07-2012, 03:37 AM
For Pokemon nicknames it has always been ten if I recall correctly. At least in the early iterations.

Vćrn
01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
10 sounds about right to me. I named my Seaking "**** YEAH!" and I'm pretty sure that was long enough to take up all of the letter slots.

Shinwa Tsuki
01-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Um..... That seems right. What about the max amount of characters for the player character?

Skyblade
01-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Victreebel. There's a reason there's only one "l" in that name, because it's the max length. 10 it is.

Not sure for characters. None of the defaults are that long, but I have no clue on the max. Check the game, or an emulator, I suppose.

Shinwa Tsuki
01-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Hm... Thanks for that.

Checking the length of the human character names, I guess - I'll have to pester my brother to let me start a new game. Uh.... Could anyone find out the max length for location names, item names, and maybe ability names?

As I wish to make a novel, I do not want to exceed the max length.