PDA

View Full Version : Lock The Doors, The Zombies Are Coming

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-08-2012, 03:47 AM
So who locks their doors and how often?

My door is always locked, but only because my wife insists upon it. I would rather only ever locking the door when no one is home. That is how I was raised. Our door was always open or unlocked unless there was nobody home.

Pike
01-08-2012, 03:52 AM
When I lived alone in my apartment the door was always locked. Now that I'm back home with my dad I don't really pay attention anymore. I think it's unlocked most of the time.

I lock my car doors all the time, too. I think it's mostly habit.

chionos
01-08-2012, 03:55 AM
I only lock the door when my wife/kids are going to be home at night without me for some reason. During the day the doors are unlocked (and usually open).

Agent Proto
01-08-2012, 04:08 AM
I lock the doors of my house out of habit, so they're usually locked. My car doors are usually unlocked, but when I'm out shopping or at someplace that I'm not familiar with, I lock them out of safety concerns.

Raistlin
01-08-2012, 04:09 AM
The door at my apartment is always locked. At my mom's, the door is generally locked, but the door is readily left unlocked if necessary or even open for aesthetic reasons.

Like Pike, I also always lock my car.

Carl the Llama
01-08-2012, 04:18 AM
I find it quite surprising some people here don't always lock their cars, I have never met anyone who didn't lock their car all the time, anyways, I lock my door now when no one is at home, as a few years ago my PS3 was stolen (as my doors were unlocked) I have a theory as to who it was that stole it but nothing ever came of it, since then when no one was home the doors will always be locked.

NorthernChaosGod
01-08-2012, 04:22 AM
The front door? We have two doors and the only time they're unlocked is when we're bringing in groceries or making trips in and out of the house. I've always grown up to keep it locked at all times.

I keep my car locked pretty much always though.

chionos
01-08-2012, 04:35 AM
The majority of people in my area have loaded guns sitting around their houses. Break-ins almost never ever happen.

Chris
01-08-2012, 11:03 AM
I lock my doors, out of fear of being kidnapped and held for ransom. I would fetch a heavy ransom, 'cuz of my stunnin' appearance.

Jiro
01-08-2012, 08:10 PM
The only reason I would lock the front door is so the stupid dog can't get in and sleep on my bed. I don't lock my car when I'm at home either. Why? Because I live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and nobody would bother coming all that way just to steal shit.

When I'm out somewhere else I will lock everything because I am paranoid that ninjas are following me and just waiting for me to be separated from things that I can defend myself with.

Pumpkin
01-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't usually lock the door when I leave unless I'll be gone for more than a day. It doesn't matter much to me because you need a key just to get in the building. I usually lock the door when I'm home though.

Araciel
01-08-2012, 08:29 PM
I used to leave 'em open all the damn time. Now that I live in a multi-person house, they're locked when I'm not home. I accept all challengers.

fire_of_avalon
01-08-2012, 08:47 PM
My car is only locked at work and if I make a trip into Asheville. My house is generally only locked when no one's home. Doesn't really matter, though, bear can knock my door in if it wants to.

rubah
01-08-2012, 09:19 PM
I lock my car all the time because I have fancy radio transmitting car locker so it's fun

I lock the door when no one is home, but only the deadbolt, because while the deadbolt and the handle use the same key, it doesn't fit into the door handle very easily. Basically need a hammer to unlock the door!