PDA

View Full Version : Can You Survive Dinosaur Island?

Pike
01-08-2012, 04:05 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/1314668468426.png

pick the one EoFFer you would like to have with you.

NorthernChaosGod
01-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Definitely C. I choose Dak again, this should be most similar to Australia since everything there is trying to kill you as well.

chionos
01-08-2012, 04:40 AM
I'm not so selfish that I want to condemn any member of EoFF to being stuck on a dinosaur-infested island for three years.

C is the obvious choice. The ecology of such an island would almost certainly contain tons of bacteria and weird poisonous bugs and plants. The med-kit is priceless. The axe is a great multitask tool. And the notebook would keep me sane.

DK
01-08-2012, 04:54 AM
smurf survival, I'd pick A and Iceglow and have the best 4 days of my life and then get eaten. have you ever seen what happens to like a horse or elephant or something when eats fermented fruit? Imagine the hilarity of a drunk ass dinosaur having eaten falling down a cliff and drunkenly buggering another dude dinosaur or something. best way to go.

Madonna
01-08-2012, 05:42 AM
Take C, hack trees down, and proceed to create a palisade fortress. Inside fortress, construct double outrigger boat to get the hell out of dodge. smurf three years on a deathtrap.

You know I am talking about you, Australia.

Also, I am taking -N-.

chionos
01-08-2012, 07:00 AM
Take C, hack trees down, and proceed to create a palisade fortress. Inside fortress, construct double outrigger boat to get the hell out of dodge. smurf three years on a deathtrap.

You know I am talking about you, Australia.

Also, I am taking -N-.

Shet, if I could build an adequate fortress, I might just stay. You know eventually there's going to be some stupid group of college kids that come to the island and get stranded. And after the guys conveniently get eaten by a pack of Troodon, I'll spend a little time calming the girls then we'll begin cultivating a horde of little dinosaur-killing Chionos babies, and eventually we'll conquer the island and I'll be king, and my harem will administer the island and my children will be the island's guardians and 10,000 years from now Alien Robot Ninjas will visit the island where nothing but a lone 40ft tall statue remains, with a weatherworn inscription barely legible that says, "Hail Chionos the Mighty Loined", but the ARNs will mistakenly translate it as "Hail Chinos the Midget Lion", and that will be good enough. Good enough for me.

blackmage_nuke
01-08-2012, 08:07 AM
I was going to say C and build a fortress/boat inside the fortress (stupid Lynx beat me to it) but then I realised any fortress I attempt to build would probably be easily knocked down by any dinosaur who wishes to do so and any boat I make would probably sink.

As such I would take along any eoffer who could build a fortress and boat

Chris
01-08-2012, 10:57 AM
I'd pick B, and I would probably take Foa, that is, if she wanted to come away with me to a tropical island... although, overrun with carnivorous beasts. But, with her by my side, said beasties should be the ones to be afraid.

Slothy
01-08-2012, 12:20 PM
I'd pick C I think. A notebook would be surprisingly useful for making rough maps of the island, or to use the pages for some fire starting tinder if need be. Assuming you can find any dry wood at all (mind you, I've seen so much survivor man that I could start a fire even if you couldn't find wood that's totally dry). Plus an axe will be useful for setting up a makeshift shelter and you will almost definitely need those medical supplies. B might work in a pinch though. The nightvision would be useless when the battery ran out so the hell with those, but a knife is always useful, and depending on what type of battery is in the goggles there's a very good chance I could start a fire with it.

As for who to take with me, it probably won't be you this time Pike unfortunately. As much as I'm sure you'd like to see some dinosaurs, I'd need someone who hopefully knows something about wilderness survival. So I'd probably take Jiro since my perception of Australians has been solely based on Crocodile Dundee and Steve Irwin.

Psychotic
01-08-2012, 01:59 PM
A; NorthernChaosGod.

I would shoot Julian repeatedly for every single post he has ever made in the photo thread. I'd save one bullet for myself after getting drunk and setting a dinosaur on fire.

In answer to the thread title, no, no I can not. But I can truly live.

blackmage_nuke
01-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Actually if this were ala jurrasic park would already be a research base full of supplies. And if you tell me this island has no research base then we know this island was atleast inhabitted by civilised humans at some point because there is a fountain in the second picture of the opening post. They should have all the abandoned paper, tools and medkits I need. TAKE THAT

Araciel
01-08-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm not afraid... It's just a name.

(it's actually a peninsula)

Madonna
01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
The dinosaurs are a la Jurassic Park. The island is just an island infested with dinosaurs.

The key to any dinosaur-warding fortress is lots of pokey sticks jutting out of the earth away from the center. Ideally, you want to build a wooden hedgehog.

chionos
01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Or an underground fortress, those work too.

Source: personal experience

Jiro
01-08-2012, 08:05 PM
It's good to see my expertise would come in handy in such a situation. My day to day life often feels something like this.

I would pick C. The notebook is the only reason though. Can you imagine how awesome a book I could write on this island? I mean shit, if I run around like a psycho with an axe for a while then I will be able to make it a completely accurate factual book and become rich and shit.

My other answer is instead to pick row B. That means booze, nightvision and bandages. The last one is unnecessary. Can you imagine how fucking awesome it would be running around dinoville wasted with night vision on? Good times to be had.

chionos
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
It's good to see my expertise would come in handy in such a situation. My day to day life often feels something like this.

I would pick C. The notebook is the only reason though. Can you imagine how awesome a book I could write on this island? I mean tit, if I run around like a psycho with an axe for a while then I will be able to make it a completely accurate factual book and become rich and tit.

My other answer is instead to pick row B. That means booze, nightvision and bandages. The last one is unnecessary. Can you imagine how smurfing awesome it would be running around dinoville wasted with night vision on? Good times to be had.

Cheater.
Also, sounds like a good way to die real funkin' fast.

fire_of_avalon
01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
I pick column c and tuh and tuh picks column b and if Raistlin brings me again he can pick column a and we're set for life.

NorthernChaosGod
01-08-2012, 09:35 PM
I pick column c and tuh and tuh picks column b and if Raistlin brings me again he can pick column a and we're set for life.
ITT: cheaters

fire_of_avalon
01-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Just because I'm smart enough to make the rules work for me instead of against me doesn't make me a cheater.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-08-2012, 10:07 PM
List C, and no one else stuck on the death island with me. EDIT: I sure wouldn't mind also having the knife and the lighter though.

Raistlin
01-08-2012, 10:43 PM

Sweet, I get the booze.

Peegee
01-09-2012, 05:22 AM
I would choose B, find that shelter that the kid lived in (survived weeks there) and be fine.

U mad? You can't eat a bandage when you're hungry and that axe is useless against a utahraptor.

Enjoy your death.

nik0tine
01-09-2012, 05:45 AM
Column B looks appealing but I'd be too worried about breaking the night vision goggles. They look heavy and expensive.

Kalilung
01-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Column C and someone taller and slower than me.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Column B looks appealing but I'd be too worried about breaking the night vision goggles. They look heavy and expensive.

And a finite life span that wouldn't last anywhere near 3 years.

I think you could keep an edge on the axe, and ration the medicine. Just seems like the best package.

NorthernChaosGod
01-09-2012, 06:14 PM
C is definitely the best package. It's the only package where all three items are actually beneficial and beneficial for a long time. You don't need to be getting drunk with dinos around and the night vision goggles would run out of power and be useless eventually. The notebook can help you keep track of food/water sources and maybe even for designing shit.

chionos
01-09-2012, 06:26 PM
For me, the notebook is about the psychological aspect of being stuck on the island.

NorthernChaosGod
01-09-2012, 06:37 PM
There's also that. I'd probably keep some sort of journal while there. I could always turn it into a book if I survived until rescue. :monster:

My first thoughts were using it for maps and diagrams and tit though, keep track of supplies, dinosaur territories, caves and tit.

chionos
01-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Yeah, those things are part of it. Organization and keeping one's mind agile and clear is as important as all the other aspects of survival.

Iceglow
01-09-2012, 07:06 PM
smurf survival, I'd pick A and Iceglow and have the best 4 days of my life and then get eaten. have you ever seen what happens to like a horse or elephant or something when eats fermented fruit? Imagine the hilarity of a drunk ass dinosaur having eaten falling down a cliff and drunkenly buggering another dude dinosaur or something. best way to go.

I'm down with that, I'm guessing we'd just use the gun and any left over alcohol to shoot a t-rex in the balls and laugh in it's pain riddled face and set fire to something probably a brachiosaurus.

Shlup
01-09-2012, 08:36 PM
A wouldn't last three years, chocolate is gross so B is out. The axe is more useful overall than the knife, the med kit is great, and if I can use the notebook for many things. So I pick C.

For what EoFfer I would bring I pick ButThePoncho because I can.

Jiro
01-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Breeding your way to safety is not acceptable Shlup. :colbert: