PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Character!

Carl the Llama
01-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Its been a while since we had one of these threads, so I thought I would throw it out there, who is you favourite character, also a little explanation would be nice to ^^

Poll to follow.

Edge7
01-09-2012, 02:51 AM
Aw man, waaay too many choices. I had to go with Hojo, mainly because he was responsible for most of the things that went wrong in FVII. He fathered Sephiroth, captured (not 100% sure if it was him) Nanaki for an experiment to mate with Aerith (ew), locked Vincent up (I think Dirge of Cerberus retcons this, but the only CompFFVII game that exists imo is Crisis Core :D), was in charge of the soldiers who killed Aerith's father (what a crazy random happenstance!), and experimented on Cloud and Zack. In addition, as a scientist, he opens up the entire idea of science and it's effect on nature. In fact, I'd argue that Hojo's the main villain of the game, and that Sephiroth is just a byproduct of his work.

As far as playable characters go, I would've probably picked Cloud. I admit I entered this whole phase of Cloud-bashing for a while, but in FFVII, Cloud was pretty cool. The way he acted reminds me of Spike Spiegel; they both act like free spirits, but they both have a past centered around one character they hate intensely, and it drives them almost to obsession.

I remember Tifa being my favorite for a while (not for the boobs), but I'd have to play the game again to remember why I liked her (not for her boobs).

chionos
01-09-2012, 04:12 AM
Cid Highwind. He's the best Cid in all of FF.

Aerisfanatic
01-09-2012, 05:18 AM
Aerith, what's not to love?
She's beautiful, fun, witty, sexy (did I say sexy? yes, yes I did) and she gave up her life to save the world. That's likeability to me ;)

Karifean
01-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Cid Highwind. He's the best Cid in all of FF.

Jiro
01-09-2012, 06:40 PM
This guy. (http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/d/d5/Reno_advent_children.png)

That's a hard poll though. A lot of options. I like a great many of them. But that's my pick.

chionos
01-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Those eyes. Those baby blue eyes. It's like he's staring into my soul.

Carl the Llama
01-09-2012, 07:04 PM
This guy. (http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/d/d5/Reno_advent_children.png)

That's a hard poll though. A lot of options. I like a great many of them. But that's my pick.

I like to be thorough ^^

Gamblet
01-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Cid was my choice. The space scene was just amazing.
Actually I thought at first that I'll choose Nanaki or Vincent.

Crop
01-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Rufus, he's my favourite character from all of the FF games I've played.
Just a shame they had to taint him and ruin one of the best moments of the game by bringing him back for AC.

Bubba
01-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Rufus, he's my favourite character from all of the FF games I've played.
Just a shame they had to taint him and ruin one of the best moments of the game by bringing him back for AC.

I agree. That was such a fantastic part of the game. As much as I enjoyed AC... Rufus, you are dead to me!

By the way, Crop. Congrats on getting the FFVII riddle correct! As you've waived your right to post another, I'm taking up the mantle!

In regards to the poll, I've had to go with Don Corneo. The guy is simply a legend. Ignoring the fact that he attempts to have sex with women against their will... every scene with him in it is comedy gold!

darkmagus206
03-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Tifa, Aerith and Vincent are my favorites.