PDA

View Full Version : Bite Me

Pike
01-09-2012, 02:51 PM
This topic is about teeth. How are yours? Did you ever have to wear braces?

My teeth are awful. They're oddly shaped so they're slightly smaller at the bottom than they are at the top, creating the appearance of spaces between them. I was also apparently missing a bunch of vital ones and had a bunch of extra of others, so I had to go to the orthodontist and he had to go in with this mini-buzzsaw thing and reshape them.

Then I wore braces for like four years. Now I have a piece of metal wire permanently glued to my bottom teeth and I also have to wear a retainer every night. The metal wire is sexy, not gonna lie, but the retainer is a pain in the rear.

Who else has terrible teeth?

Iceglow
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Ok Pike, not gonna lie the entire post there made me cringe. I've had a shit load of dental work done since I was 16 but still cringing and I've experienced fillings without painkillers. Physically sent a shudder down my spine.

As for my teeth, well as stated I have had a shitload of dental work done since I was 16, the reason for this dental work is that I had my jaw shattered and lost two teeth. I've now got perfect teeth well, so long as I remember to do small stuff like take out the dental fitting at night (which I often forget to do so because it feels more weird with the plate out than in) I shouldn't need much more dental work.

Peegee
01-09-2012, 03:32 PM
>are awful
>had ortho done

The ortho dude wasn't able to fix your teeth? That's a shame :(

I had orthodontics done years ago. Best use of money IMO if you can afford it.

Jiro
01-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Really wish I could get some braces just to help straighten up my teeth. Had one too many hits to the face. Other than that they're pretty good, never really had to have any work done.

Bubba
01-09-2012, 03:47 PM
I was quite lucky in that I was born with very straight teeth (Not when I was born obviously, that would have been weird). I've had a few fillings over the years but no other major work.

I did chip one of my teeth over christmas so I'll be heading in soon to get that sorted out.

I agree that it's a great use of money if you need the work done. A nice smile can give you lots of confidence.

Araciel
01-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Huge teeth... crowded, crooked.. Getting braces this year for free through dental plan... too old for braces :(

Sylvie
01-09-2012, 04:33 PM
I have straight, strong teeth and they've never had anything wrong with them. I smoke and they're still pretty fuckin' white.

Slothy
01-09-2012, 04:57 PM
The metal wire is sexy, not gonna lie, but the retainer is a pain in the rear.

Fuck that wire. I get food caught in it all the time.

Had braces when I was 11 or 12. Hurt like hell every time they tightened them. Got a nifty wire on the bottom now and had to keep wearing a retainer at night for several years. Eventually I stopped because I was told I could stop after a few years. There's been some shifting in the top ones since then, but nothing which impacts me in any way and you'd never know if you didn't have my teeth in your mouth all day, every day.

Aside from that I had some teeth pulled when I was younger. First one they ever pulled they didn't freeze me at all. It was loose so I guess he thought it would come right out. It came out all right. And he had to use so much force to do it that it came out in four pieces. Seriously, fuck that dentist. Guy was an asshole.

Jiro
01-09-2012, 04:59 PM
smurfing master race sylvie

Psychotic
01-09-2012, 05:14 PM
I had a brace and then a retainer between the ages of 11-13ish so my teeth are fucking fantastically straight. I guess they're not pearly dazzling white but then I'm not a movie star so whatever.

NorthernChaosGod
01-09-2012, 06:10 PM
I have a chip in one of my front teeth and I need to get braces once I can afford them. Otherwise, they're decent teeth.

Pumpkin
01-09-2012, 06:16 PM
My baby teeth were very bad but luckily my adult teeth grew in pretty straight. I do have a chip in one of my back teeth now though, and last year my dentist told me that my wisdom teeth don't have room to grow out, so at some point the dentist is going to have to go in my gums and pull them out. I am not looking forward to that.

chionos
01-09-2012, 06:24 PM
I have one crooked tooth that feels more crooked than it looks. Had to have a couple wisdom teeth removed last year. Other than that I've kept 'em in good condition all these years. Probably helps that I'm not much into sweets.

Hollycat
01-09-2012, 06:52 PM
My teeth are my superpower, I can literally bite through paperclips.
but yes I had braces

Chris
01-09-2012, 07:37 PM
I didn't take good care of my teeth when I was younger, but I've had everything fixed and done, and now, I do everything in my power to keep them healthy.

Parker
01-09-2012, 07:55 PM
They're not as white as I'd like them to be, but they ain't bad. I think I've had one filling. I do have a wisdom tooth coming through but it's not causing any problems yet.

Shlup
01-09-2012, 08:31 PM
My teeth had always been straight, but I had braces for a year in high school because some orthodontist asshole convinced my mother it was a good idea. I have a fake tooth where an adult tooth never grew. My teeth are small and I don't think I have a nice smile. But overall I think my teeth are ok.

Peegee
01-09-2012, 08:38 PM
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/1719/47801631gx5.png

NorthernChaosGod
01-09-2012, 11:31 PM
I didn't take good care of my teeth when I was younger, but I've had everything fixed and done, and now, I do everything in my power to keep them healthy.
Yeah, I didn't care of my teeth like I should have when I was younger. D:

I blame my parents for not getting on my case.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Then I wore braces for like four years. Now I have a piece of metal wire permanently glued to my bottom teeth and I also have to wear a retainer every night. The metal wire is sexy, not gonna lie, but the retainer is a pain in the rear.

[QUOTE=Pike;3050314]
smurf that wire. I get food caught in it all the time.

Glad I know I'm not the only one with that weird metal wire, but I have to agree with Vivi. It's annoying.

fire_of_avalon
01-10-2012, 01:09 AM
I grew up dirt floor poor. Dentists weren't in the budget so my teeth are crooked as hell and I broke one out once so I only have 31 instead of 32 (obviously I still have my wisdom teeth. They're strong, though. No chips, cracks or cavities. I bite things.

Freya
01-10-2012, 03:04 AM
Mine are straight. I just have the large gap in my teeth but otherwise they are fine. I probably have some cavities to fill though... My wisdom teeth are still coming in. I'm sure they'll mess everything up.