PDA

View Full Version : Breaking it Off with Those You Love

Shlup
01-09-2012, 08:54 PM
I had to end a relationship lately, even though my feelings of love and admiration are still as strong as ever. The physical abuse started mild, but recently became a problem for me.

You see, I am allergic to pineapple. Usually I just get a little itchy and a smidge swollen for an hour or so. Last week I decided to eat half of a pineapple anyway, and now my mouth is covered in hives. I look like one of those photos they show in sex ed class to scare kids away from oral sex, and I have to keep a bottle of lotion next to me to constantly rub on my lips.

So no more pineapple for me.

Have you ever had to break it off with one of your loves?

Peegee
01-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Pineapples eh? Is it due to OAS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_allergy_syndrome) because I have that! For:

- apples
- pears
- plums
- peaches
- apricots
- certain nuts

.....there's a lot. sec.

Actually pretty much everything in the Prunus family!

Prunus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prunus)

This was never the case btw - I was perfectly fine as a child eating all of these and then suddenly all three of us (pg + siblings) got allergic reactions. Basically our throats closed up (hurrr) and it was discomforting. Water did not help. It only happened when eating the foods raw - when I cooked these foods it was not a problem.

I miss apples :(

Agent Proto
01-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Does this mean you're completely cutting yourself from pineapples? Or are you still going to eat pineapples, just not in large quantities like this last time? You know, like little bites you would find in fruit salads.

Though, for me, I had to break it off with the salty foods, like completely because it was part of my diet to avoid salt altogether. You would think it would be hard to do, but I got used to it rather quickly. I used to love salty food before, but it was one of the major causes of my kidney failure.

Shlup
01-09-2012, 09:20 PM
All I know is that pineapples started making me itch and swell, though not a concerning amount, about seven years ago. Fresh pineapple is the worst, cooked seems to be fine. I still have a whole pineapple left and I'll probably eat a little at a time. I hope it doesn't get worse; PG just listed some of my favorite foods. D:

Peegee
01-09-2012, 09:31 PM
can you have any of those though [or did you mean you don't know yet]? because I can't and I'm a sad panda :sadpanda:

:kaocry2:

Jiro
01-09-2012, 09:31 PM
This thread sounds pretty serious.

Peegee
01-09-2012, 09:32 PM
You should embed a video of you eating delicious pineapples and apples and see how long you spend not being banned >: [

Jiro
01-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Why would I do that to you? I'm not an asshat.

chionos
01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
I've never really admitted this to anyone before. I don't know why I'm doing it here, but here goes. I had an affair several years ago. I didn't fall out of love and have an affair out of spite or loneliness. I just existed for a brief time at both ends of my love spectrum. I found the one. The one that was right for me and made me whole. But then I ran across that other one. The one that's totally wrong for me but feels so good. So the fantasy led to a fling led to a thing led to a dangerous dance. Most people can't handle one love. I was trying to balance two. So eventually I made the right decision and got rid of the one that was wrong for me.

Many years passed and I had forgotten all about that other one. But suddenly the lust and passion came back to me and I went crawling back. This time the guilt and the pain weren't there. It felt good. It felt right. Oranges taste so good, how could they be bad for me? How could this feeling be wrong?

I used to be allergic to oranges and orange juice but after staying away for several years the allergy went away.

NorthernChaosGod
01-09-2012, 11:38 PM
You tricked me. I already had a post in mind for what I thought the subject was.

As for the actual (read: boring) topic, I do not have any allergies to speak of and can continue to eat whatever the fuck I want.

Chris
01-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Guilt. A dear old friend of mine, who I finally managed to get rid off... without any guilt.

Shlup
01-10-2012, 12:34 AM
can you have any of those though [or did you mean you don't know yet]? because I can't and I'm a sad panda :sadpanda:

:kaocry2:
So far I've only had reactions to pineapple.

You tricked me. I already had a post in mind for what I thought the subject was.

As for the actual (read: boring) topic, I do not have any allergies to speak of and can continue to eat whatever the fuck I want.
I didn't say the topic was allergies.

NorthernChaosGod
01-10-2012, 01:12 AM
That's what you're talking about. :colbert:

Actually, I may have something relevant. Since school started back up, one of my close friends and his girlfriend went back to school in North Dakota. I had to say bye to them. :(

Pike
01-10-2012, 01:57 AM
I'm pretty sure I have some sort of food allergy because SOMETHING, not sure what, gives me fits and stomach aches and other digestive problems that are too TMI to put here. I'm not sure what it is, but I don't care to find out, because I like everything that I eat so I'm just gonna deal with it.

Quindiana Jones
01-11-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm allergic to bleach.

Laddy
01-12-2012, 12:13 AM
No more soda because I'm getting a tummy. :(

Shattered Dreamer
01-12-2012, 12:30 AM
I can't eat oranges or apples any more, they make my acid reflux worse :(

Leeza
01-12-2012, 04:49 AM
Raw pineapple makes my mouth really sore, and the last time I ate it raw was years ago. I feel your pain, Shlup. But I do love pineapple. Very ripe or cooked is fine though and doesn't bother me. :cat:

Sylvie
01-12-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm not allergic to anything. I have seasonal allergies for like two days in the Spring.

Peegee
01-12-2012, 04:23 PM
One time I visited my friend. They have a cat, a german shepherd, and a rabbit.

Normally I'm not allergic to anything but after spending a day there (they probably didn't vacuum up the dander) and trying to sleep I was freaking out and dying.

I'm normally not allergic to pets, but it looks like I can't be in an area with too much pollen >: [

And I can't make sense of the OAS

fire_of_avalon
01-13-2012, 11:47 AM
You're all inferior human beings.

Tigmafuzz
01-13-2012, 11:25 PM
This thread title upsets me deeply.

Shlup
01-14-2012, 09:15 PM
The day before yesterday, for no apparent reason, half of my face exploded into a rash, and my earlobe blew up to at least three times its size. BJ made me switch sides of the couch with him so he wouldn't have to see it and called me Two Face all day.

So apparently I'm quite allergic to something else too.

It better fucking not be that fruit cup I ate.

Sylvie
01-15-2012, 06:15 AM
You're all inferior human beings.

NorthernChaosGod
01-15-2012, 06:46 AM
The day before yesterday, for no apparent reason, half of my face exploded into a rash, and my earlobe blew up to at least three times its size. BJ made me switch sides of the couch with him so he wouldn't have to see it and called me Two Face all day.

So apparently I'm quite allergic to something else too.

It better fucking not be that fruit cup I ate.
How's your face right now?

41-Inches-Wide
01-17-2012, 03:08 AM
That's terrible shlup! But I think your husband is right. Your description has also made me think you would definitely resemble Two Faced. :jess:

I am breaking it off with chocolates right now. But I cheated and got a bar of chocolate covered rice crispies. :cry:

Peegee
01-17-2012, 05:01 PM
That's terrible shlup! But I think your husband is right. Your description has also made me think you would definitely resemble Two Faced. :jess:

I am breaking it off with chocolates right now. But I cheated and got a bar of chocolate covered rice crispies. :cry:

For breakfast I had a snickers bar.
For lunch I will have a hot dog.