PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast? Know What It Is?

Chris
01-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Less than 80% of the people I know, actually eat breakfast, which I find mildly disturbing. I cannot deny that it does not disgust me a wee bit. Also, perhaps, maybe, that's the reason why most of them are so damn weird. You are weird and abnormal, if you do not eat breakfast.

Topic: What do you usually eat for breakfast? Do you have a routine, or do you mix it up? Cream of wheat is delicious regardless of how many times a week you eat it.

Jiro
01-10-2012, 12:02 AM
I don't usually eat breakfast but I try as often as possible. I can't eat anything heavy or milky before 9 because I feel ill afterwards but I don't usually wake up until I have to leave anyway.

chionos
01-10-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm weird and abnormal.

Slothy
01-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Lately? An 8-10 oz steak and some almonds.

Shlup
01-10-2012, 12:32 AM
I usually eat like a piece of toast and fruit or something. I don't like big hot breakfasts. Unless it's dinner time, then I love big hot breakfasts.

fire_of_avalon
01-10-2012, 01:15 AM
It varies. Sometimes I have toast or a bagel with fruits. Sometimes I have oatmeal and fruit. Occasionally, and generally only in warm weather, I have cold cereal and fruit. Sometimes I have bacon and eggs. Sometimes I have grits. Sometimes I go crazy and will have pancakes or a waffle or french toast or sometimes I go REALLY crazy and have biscuits and gravy because hot damn.

NorthernChaosGod
01-10-2012, 01:16 AM
Slowly I've been training myself to eat later and later. I pretty much won't eat anything until about 7 hours after I wake up. By that point, it's definitely not breakfast food I'm eating.

Pumpkin
01-10-2012, 01:26 AM
I dont usually eat breakfast because eating in the morning makes me queazy. I don't know why. When I do it's usually some butter with a bit of bread under it.

Peegee
01-10-2012, 01:37 AM
I don't eat breakfast, but it's intentional.

I however do eat 3 times a day. I just eat it during noon - 9pm

Pike
01-10-2012, 01:55 AM
I have a granola bar or pop-tart and a Mountain Dew LiveWire. I have done this every morning for the last ten years or so.

Slothy
01-10-2012, 02:09 AM
All of your breakfasts make me sad.

Hollycat
01-10-2012, 02:22 AM
How can you be weird for not eating breakfast if the majority of people do not eat breakfast?

Rye
01-10-2012, 03:56 AM
Shifting my calories into the evening, by sacrificing skimpy breakfast and lunch meals for the benefit of one noon snack and a large, delicious, filling dinner meal, has helped me to lose 20 lbs.

NorthernChaosGod
01-10-2012, 07:07 AM
All of your breakfasts make me sad.
Them's the breaks.

Mirage
01-10-2012, 02:21 PM
I eat when I'm hungry. Sometimes I'm hungry when I wake up, other times I'm not.

Jessweeee♪
01-10-2012, 02:53 PM
In the winter I do not eat breakfast, because I just can't get myself out of bed in the morning! I lay there until about ten minutes before I need to get out the door, then quickly quickly brush my hair and pick out my clothes. Not because of the cold though, I think I have some weird seasonal imbalance in my brain or something because around here it's never cold for more than a couple of days in a row, even in the coldest months. Just a couple of days ago I wore my favorite tank top! But not once since December started have I gotten out of bed right when my alarm went off. When I do eat breakfast, it's something I can take with me on the go like a granola bar, or a co-worker made a trip to the taqueria for everyone.

The rest of the year I have cereal, oatmeal, kolaches, or fruit.

Old Manus
01-10-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't have time for breakfast as I work in Cardiff, which is a 45 minute train journey away (and a twenty minute walk from where I live to the station, SEE I REFUSE TO BE A JSA BUM etc) and I can't bring myself to get up before 7am. I go to a cafe or something if my train is late though.

All I've learned is that whatever company makes those Nutrigrain bars must be making a killing.

Psychotic
01-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Scrambled eggs. Breakfast of champions. And me.

chionos
01-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Scrambled eggs. Breakfast of champions. And me.

Aww, Psych, you're a champion too. I mean, you got through that awkward phase where everybody at EoFF thought you were an annoying little turd. That took guts, man. You really overcame the odds. Here you are now on top of the world. Don't sell yourself short. :)

Shiny
01-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Waffles or pancakes with the occasional bacon, grits, or yogurt. We make our waffles and pancakes from a batter the old-fashioned way. Tastes so much better than the boxed frozen crap. I like maple oatmeal too, but I usually eat that as an evening snack.

Jiro
01-10-2012, 06:10 PM
I had cereal this morning. Does 10:30 count as breakfast time? It's when I woke up.

Peegee
01-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Whenever I visit my friends and stay over we make French Toast for breakfast.

mmmmm french toast.

I should eat breakfast more but that won't allow me to have 2 lunches and 2 dinners and a dessert :(

:kaocry:

Shattered Dreamer
01-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I make it a point to eat Breakfast every day. I normally eat 2 rashers & 2 slices of toast occasionally with some baked beans. If not I'll have a bowl of muesli or porridge.

Iceglow
01-11-2012, 01:33 AM
I know the diet freaks on here will probably bitch and moan but my breakfast is a bowl of fruit & fiber cereal. I usually have this to keep me going until lunchtime at which I will have a small meal, usually a sandwich or salad or the like as high in protein as I can manage to prevent me from snacking. Followed by a sensible balanced meal at night. I've got a pretty stable weight atm but am looking to bulk out a bit more.

NorthernChaosGod
01-11-2012, 04:22 AM
lol @ fiber cereal

Don't forget your prune juice, Gramps.

demondude
01-11-2012, 06:56 PM
It's nice to know that an almost equal proportion of shit goes into Steve's mouth as comes out.

chionos
01-12-2012, 04:12 AM
fuck shit...wth

I'm not looking forward to the fiber nonsense.

Iceglow
01-13-2012, 03:08 PM
lol @ fiber cereal

Don't forget your prune juice, Gramps.

I actually just like the taste of branflakes more than cornflakes the addition of fruit to this means I like it more. Plus because Fiber swells as you digest it you feel fuller for longer so less snacking. O nom nom nom

Also prune juice plain sucks it's disgusting, I'd rather take a laxative then drink a bottle of that stuff to get myself going regularly.

Peegee
01-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Cereal has the worst satiety index of any food. Probably less than water. Do not eat cereal.

NorthernChaosGod
01-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah, why not eat something more substantial then?

Iceglow
01-13-2012, 03:51 PM
like I said dude, enjoy the taste and feel pretty damn satisfied after eating a bowl of cereal...heck I could probably eat 2 bowls of cereal a day and a meal in the evening and feel satisfied thanks very much! In fact that's pretty much what my diet is going to be some weeks for the next couple of months because financially it's looking grim :(. Still could be worse, I could be Greek!

Slothy
01-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Nothing will keep a person feeling full longer, or keep energy levels more consistent through the day than a meal rich in protein and fat.

When I eat a breakfast of steak and almonds as I have been lately, I can have it at 6:30 am and not even start to feel hungry until around 1-2 pm, and I'm full of energy all day rather than crashing mid-morning. Cereal can't do that. Honestly, a generous plate of bacon and eggs would be more satisfying in that regard.

Peegee
01-13-2012, 04:50 PM
A study is here (http://agris.fao.org/agris-search/search/display.do?f=1987/US/US87256.xml;US8731369)

For some reason (lol as if) eating high carb diets do not keep you full, but eating high protein diets do

I cannot believe they still have studies that show this. eating carbohydrates spikes insulin and when it drops you eat more carbohydrates to spike insulin. Eating too much food makes you fat

Incidentally eating too much protein more or less cannot make you fat. That's because you cannot (I'd like to see you try) overeat calories on a pure protein diet. (For example, a 2000 Cal diet is 500 grams of protein; not meat - protein)

Therefore excess calories is almost always caused by carbs or fat

Calories Raise Body Fat When People Overeat, Not Protein (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/239854.php)

Pike
01-13-2012, 07:19 PM
This potatoes/ham/gravy stew thing I eat for lunch sometimes is the most filling meal I've ever had in my life. The whole thing can fit inside a cup but after I eat it I won't be hungry for like eight hours. It's perfect for work when I don't know when I'll be eating next.

Yar
01-13-2012, 10:42 PM
My morning goes like this:
8:45-wake up
9:00-be at work

I don't have time for breakfast!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Wake up earlier...

I get up at 5:45 to make it to work before 6:30. At work I usually eat a bowl of cereal and some fruit or a granola bar.

I'm usually not hungry at lunch time, but I eat anyways. And then I am not hungry until 7-8pm, but usually eat before that anyways too. That way I am never actually hungry.

Tigmafuzz
01-14-2012, 04:56 AM
I haven't eaten breakfast since I was homeless lol. And that's only because I had found food in the morning. I never eat breakfast... unless it's a pound and a half of bacon.

Bubba
01-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Children.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-14-2012, 04:51 PM
I just had a wonderful breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs and sausage with colby jack cheese wrapped in a tortilla and some pineapple orange juice. It was pretty much perfect.

Zeldy
01-14-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm a stereotypical student. I either grab a piece of bread as I quickly dash to University, or I do my usual thing of going to Greggs and getting a meat and potato pasty and a bottle of Dr Pepper. Yeaaahh.