PDA

View Full Version : Android RPG's?

Pete for President
01-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Tomorrow I'm leaving the Netherlands to spend three months on a Canadian mountain full of heavenly powder snow. With a 10 hour flight ahead, could some of you recommend me some games for Android? RPG's would be preferred :shifty:

black orb
01-10-2012, 10:17 PM
>>> Android? is that thing for the modern mobile phones?.. Sorry but I cant help you there, my cellphone is so old that the only game it has is the "Snake Pinball" LOL..:luca:

Pete for President
01-10-2012, 10:25 PM
>>> Android? is that thing for the modern mobile phones?.. Sorry but I cant help you there, my cellphone is so old that the only game it has is the "Snake Pinball" LOL..:luca:

Hah, I remember that game : )

black orb
01-10-2012, 10:36 PM
>>> You should get a handheld console, if you ask me modern-expensive cellphones are only good to show off to friends...:luca:

Iceglow
01-11-2012, 01:04 AM
not so much available I'm afraid though you can install some emulators for the NES, SNES and even on occasion depending on the device a PSX.

However, I would still proscribe using a handheld for these long flights etc because frankly the battery in your cellphone is going to end up wrecked within about 3 hours which won't even see you through security at the airport. If you're talking about an Android operating system tablet it'll be marginally better but gaming can destroy the battery life in under 5 hours. Not saying the (3)DS or PSP battery will last the whole flight and everything but it will do a pretty good job of it.

Innes
01-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Angry Birds. :D?

Slothy
01-11-2012, 02:22 AM
not so much available I'm afraid though you can install some emulators for the NES, SNES and even on occasion depending on the device a PSX.

However, I would still proscribe using a handheld for these long flights etc because frankly the battery in your cellphone is going to end up wrecked within about 3 hours which won't even see you through security at the airport. If you're talking about an Android operating system tablet it'll be marginally better but gaming can destroy the battery life in under 5 hours. Not saying the (3)DS or PSP battery will last the whole flight and everything but it will do a pretty good job of it.

Pretty much all of this. But that said, track down SNESoid and download some ROMS if you want some SNES RPG's. I don't know of any Android specific RPG's worth playing.

Pete for President
01-11-2012, 05:28 AM

Pretty much all of this. But that said, track down SNESoid and download some ROMS if you want some SNES RPG's. I don't know of any Android specific RPG's worth playing.

Thanks! That I might do. About battery life, my plane might have power sockets, so you know : )

Scotty_ffgamer
01-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Some games I've heard some good things about are Symphony of Eternity and Eve of the Genesis (I think I got the names right). Have yet to play them as I've decided not to buy any new games until I finish more of the ones I already own. They are traditional turn-based rpg's. There's also a sort of action rpg game known as Zenonia that I've read many good things about. Those are some games you can look into; though, I am sorry if I wrote this too late for it to be of any use to you.

Mo-Nercy
01-13-2012, 03:54 AM
Inotia 3 is a solid little dungeon-crawling, item-farming RPG. Similar to Zenonia, it's an action-RPG. I'm pretty sure it's free too.

Pete for President
01-14-2012, 03:41 AM
Thanks guys, I'll check those out : )