PDA

View Full Version : Does Enemy Skill materia scale with magic power?

Akaneko
01-11-2012, 03:05 AM
Title says it..
does enemy skill damage scale with how many Magic power a character have?

chionos
01-11-2012, 04:40 AM
Short answer is yes.

Most of the direct damage enemy skills definitely use magic to determine damage. Some, like Chocobuckle, use some other system to determine damage. In Chocobuckle's case it's how many times you've fled from battles. I'm pretty certain that magic score doesn't affect status-inflicting skills like Bad Breath, and buffs like Dragon Force.

Jiro
01-11-2012, 04:47 AM
Some of them are stronger to begin with as well, which is why Beta and Trine are really handy early on if you can survive the hits :)

Akaneko
01-11-2012, 04:50 AM
Short answer is yes.

Most of the direct damage enemy skills definitely use magic to determine damage. Some, like Chocobuckle, use some other system to determine damage. In Chocobuckle's case it's how many times you've fled from battles. I'm pretty certain that magic score doesn't affect status-inflicting skills like Bad Breath, and buffs like Dragon Force.
i was wondering if it affects buffs aswell .. thanks ^^

Mirage
01-17-2012, 01:06 PM
It is rare for buff and debuff potencies to be affected by magic power in final fantasy games. Final Fantasy XI does it very often, however, but that's sort of required because you actually need to maintain a balance between classes to a higher degree in an online game than an offline game. In that game, your magic accuracy (based on your skill in the appropriate magic family) is put up against the magical resistance of the target to determine potency and/or duration.