PDA

View Full Version : Nicknames

Pike
01-17-2012, 09:43 PM
One of my coworkers calls me "Chief" pretty consistently. Another calls me "Holmes".

Other people I know call me "Pike". Yes, offline. I like it.

Do people call you any nicknames?

Chris
01-17-2012, 09:46 PM
People call me Chris, because my name is Reno. Apparently, Chris is easier to pronounce and remember.

Hollycat
01-17-2012, 09:49 PM
I get called hentai alot because I clicked on a link that led to something that most definately WAS NOT cheats for heli attack 2 on a school computer.

Also, that guy, artsy guy, and my personal favorite: the doctor.

fire_of_avalon
01-17-2012, 10:26 PM
MegaPow.

Do you know it took 24 to years for someone to see that? And then it was just a fluke typo.

In high school people called me Blue and Blues. Because people are creative.

My friend's dad, who is basically family, calls me MeganMeCrazy. Lolz.

Shlup
01-17-2012, 10:36 PM
A few people in my family call me AJ, my uncle calls me Demanda, and my BFF's dad calls me Old Stoney Eyes. I'm not telling what BJ has taken to calling me lately.

Peegee
01-17-2012, 10:36 PM
piku
foaffles
rubahs/allies (I went through a period where i pluralised names)
bobbert
aichuu
kalidesu

Zeldy
01-17-2012, 11:50 PM
I just get second-named, "Burrows lad"

G13
01-18-2012, 12:17 AM
At the last three jobs I've worked someone has given me a stupid nickname by day two. One was Berad, which apparently means "big nose". Another was Super Pooper. Funny story that has nothing to do with me about that. The latest is Muffin. I really don't know how that one got started.

Pumpkin
01-18-2012, 12:26 AM
I get called muffin quite often.

41-Inches-Wide
01-18-2012, 12:50 AM
I like Peeg calling me Aichoo.

iRL people call me Aicha. Even though my name is Kristine. They know I hate my name :mad2:

Rye
01-18-2012, 01:05 AM
I am called the bumblah, on account of I like bees and all. Sometimes it's changed to Jessibee, Jessibuzz, or little bee.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/attachments/general-chat/35498-nicknames-bumblebeeman.png

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-18-2012, 01:10 AM
No. People normally just call me by my last name. Sometimes I get Nick or Nicholas. But that is about it.

Parker
01-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Im most often known irl as HandsomeMcBigBalls

Mittopotahis
01-18-2012, 01:44 AM
Mostly just Matt, although I've never actually introduced myself as such. Often times people call me a mispronunciation of my last name, usually 'shapes' or 'saybitch'. A few of my irl friends call me Mitto, 95% of my online ones do.

Tigmafuzz
01-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Almost every guy I know calls me by my last name. Almost every girl I know calls me "babe" or "sweetie" or "hun." Which is annoying. I've almost forgotten my first name. Hell, even Sarah calls me "pookums" sometimes. It's so emasculating :cry:

NorthernChaosGod
01-18-2012, 06:20 AM
I get Jules a lot by various people. I'm JJ to my family and a couple friends though.

fire_of_avalon
01-18-2012, 10:34 AM
JuliRiv

Iceglow
01-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Lets see....

Paul and Dan tend to call me "Lamb"

My friend Hicks calls me "Gaylord" in return he is "Emo Faggot" when greeting each other.

Guys at work have called me a few nick names over the years, most recent 2 are "Tequila" and "Tache", the first is because I brought a lot of Tequila at a work drinks for people and got everyone good and wasted. I also enjoy Tequila a lot, they're not very imaginative. The latter name is because of Movember last year.

My boss at work calls me "Mack" because he said I am constantly "on the mack" when it comes to girls. If a girl's pretty and she's in our department you can guarantee I've asked if she needs help and will flirt openly with her when helping. He also notices it when we go out for drinks, including when we went to a PR party and he walked in to the guys loos to find me flirting with a girl who worked there.

My old supervisor Aymee calls me "Chief" when she isn't referring to me as "Babe" they're generic nicknames she tends to use for most of the staff who has worked with her or for her over the years.

My family sometimes call me "Stevie" they are the only people on the planet to do so anyone else does it and I get pissed off with it, I hate that nickname almost as much as I hate people calling me Steven.

Bubba
01-18-2012, 11:34 AM
My nickname is Danny. I think this is derived from a slight shortening of my first name "Daniel".

Occasional alternative names include...

- Sir (by my school students)
- Quim Ninja (a very close female friend)
- Bawbag (by my Scottish friends)
- Allan (by Police... a name I provided when drunk and disorderly)
- Hello :bou::bou::bou::bou:! (a particularly offensive parrott)

Jessweeee♪
01-18-2012, 02:34 PM
At work they call me Jessie. A couple of people call me Jess. My boyfriend calls me Jesswee and one other friend does too and that is weird. Most people just call me Jessica though.

Sarah
01-18-2012, 02:56 PM
I used to get called alien in high school due to being eccentric, and thinking differently.

Now I get called Serah by friends, cockroach (Just because it sounds close to sarah in my language) by old folks, Rei by friends also, and squishy... :Oo:

escobert
01-18-2012, 03:33 PM
My family sometimes call me "Stevie" they are the only people on the planet to do so anyone else does it and I get pissed off with it, I hate that nickname almost as much as I hate people calling me Steven.

Oh Stevie you shouldn't have told me this :jess:

Well since my name is Robert I've been called a nickname my entire life :p
Bob
Bobby
Bobby Who
Bobby Nas
Bob Digi
Backdoor Bob
Baseline Bob
Bert
Bobbert
Whoville

that's all I can think of right now

Bubba
01-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Bob
Bobby
Bobby Who
Bobby Nas
Bob Digi
Backdoor Bob
Baseline Bob
Bert
Bobbert
Whoville

How about Bobby Dazzler?

escobert
01-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Maybe if I dazzled people :p

NorthernChaosGod
01-18-2012, 04:16 PM
JuliRiv
I forgot about that one, MegaPow.

Quindiana Jones
01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
JJ, because I had hair like the kid off Skins of the same name. Va-jay-jay, because women are stupid whores (:colbert:). I have a friend who randomly makes nicknames up for me every time I talk to her, and I the same. Sparf(y), Dabs (my childhood signature looked like "DAB"), Wolfmother, Jewboy. Basically afro-based nicknames.

Pike
01-18-2012, 05:48 PM
I don't think many people call me nicknames based off of my "real" name. "Steph" is the closest you're gonna get, and honestly I consider that to be pretty interchangeable with "Stephanie", so I don't know how much it would count as a nickname. :kakapo:

Quindiana Jones
01-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I'd call you Ste Guevara and draw a moustache on you every time you fell asleep.

Pike
01-18-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd be okay with that.

Agent Proto
01-18-2012, 06:32 PM
I don't have many nicknames that I've been called irl. Though, ever since my Philippines visit, some of my cousins have started to call me Jepoy. My mom usually calls me by several names, Jeffroy, Jeffro, and Jeffrox.

Hollycat
01-18-2012, 08:55 PM
From now on you are all to be known as Mr/Mrs Mittenbutters

fire_of_avalon
01-18-2012, 10:07 PM
No.

Edit: forgot eyeson nicknames.foa foaffles rowboat foabi foaie foabi wan kenobi and, briefly, sweetrage.

Lmao rowboat! Rowboat = foaboa dyac

Iceglow
01-19-2012, 12:11 AM

Bob
Bobby
Bobby Who
Bobby Nas
Bob Digi
Backdoor Bob
Baseline Bob
Bert
Bobbert
Whoville

hmm what's this?

Backdoor Bob

Now just cause you like it in your backdoor Bob doesn't mean that you ought to have told me this. I think we can mutually agree to refrain on this one.

edit: doesn't seem I can type the word Bob anymore without doing the BoB style, least not on EoFF!

GhandiOwnsYou
01-19-2012, 01:18 AM
When i was an emaciated elementary schooler, I was chicken legs. My family has always referred to me as Chuck, because of a ridiculous rhyme my uncle told me when I was going into preschool.

Currently I get S(c)iggy, or S(c)ig. Interesting thing is, when asked, half my friends think it started because my last name is Siegfried and the other half think it started because I chain smoke.

escobert
01-19-2012, 01:31 AM

Bob
Bobby
Bobby Who
Bobby Nas
Bob Digi
Backdoor Bob
Baseline Bob
Bert
Bobbert
Whoville

hmm what's this?

Backdoor Bob

Now just cause you like it in your backdoor Bob doesn't mean that you ought to have told me this. I think we can mutually agree to refrain on this one.

edit: doesn't seem I can type the word Bob anymore without doing the BoB style, least not on EoFF!

you wants to make love to me!? :love: Ohhhhhhhhhhh Stevie!!!

Iceglow
01-19-2012, 05:57 AM

Bob
Bobby
Bobby Who
Bobby Nas
Bob Digi
Backdoor Bob
Baseline Bob
Bert
Bobbert
Whoville

hmm what's this?

Backdoor Bob

Only in your sweet dreams and twisted imagination Backdoor Bob.

Breine
01-19-2012, 08:31 PM
I've always had people call me by many different nicknames. I'm not exactly sure why, but perhaps I just have this nickname-ish quality about me? Who knows.

Anyway, some are: Ringo, Latfh, Iver, Krelle, Krĝlle, Ringo Dingo, Kette, Keze, Krette, KB, KBI, Iversen, Kristy (this was by some Irish friends - apparently it's a common Irish nickname for dudes?), Ringy, Kriller, Kris, Jesus etc. etc. etc.

One of the reasons might be that my first name lends itself to nicknames quite well :breine:

Peegee
01-19-2012, 08:32 PM

Bob
Bobby
Bobby Who
Bobby Nas
Bob Digi
Backdoor Bob
Baseline Bob
Bert
Bobbert
Whoville

hmm what's this?

Backdoor Bob

What if I bought Bobbert a sailor v costume?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTET2-YXOPlPmYYrKLsjlXU54XPFXmO5XC5EXjRbneM4pb6G7Gfo20nnABUGQ

Iceglow
01-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Kristy (this was by some Irish friends - apparently it's a common Irish nickname for dudes?),

I'm not Irish, but as an Englishman I can say that the only time I know of Irish people or English people using the name "Kristy", "Kristie", "Christie" is as a shortened form of the name Christine so I'm not so sure on that :P

Bob
Bobby
Bobby Who
Bobby Nas
Bob Digi
Backdoor Bob
Baseline Bob
Bert
Bobbert
Whoville

hmm what's this?

Backdoor Bob

What if I bought Bobbert a sailor v costume?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTET2-YXOPlPmYYrKLsjlXU54XPFXmO5XC5EXjRbneM4pb6G7Gfo20nnABUGQ

Not even then PGies, not even then.

escobert
01-19-2012, 11:10 PM
hahahahhahahahhahahahahha

Laddy
01-23-2012, 01:36 AM
-Kitty
-des Lauriers (last name)
-des LaurieHEEEEY~
-Mike

Tigmafuzz
01-23-2012, 02:24 AM
Kitty
This is the only thing I will ever call you from now on.

Yar
01-23-2012, 02:50 AM
I go by "Duckie" or "Justy", depending on the venue. I like being called both! I can probably count on one hand the people who call me only Justin.

Strangers call me Josh or Jason :jess: Tonight someone called me Andrew!

Breine
01-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Kristy (this was by some Irish friends - apparently it's a common Irish nickname for dudes?),

I'm not Irish, but as an Englishman I can say that the only time I know of Irish people or English people using the name "Kristy", "Kristie", "Christie" is as a shortened form of the name Christine so I'm not so sure on that :P

Yeah, me too. But I was told otherwise xD

Freya
01-24-2012, 07:38 PM
I get called KC, which are my initials. Yeah, my nickname is my name :(

Rianoa
01-24-2012, 08:05 PM
I usually get called Saff I think that more as being my name than the full version, Sometimes Saff Saff because people I know are weird, and Saffy -_-; I don't really like Saffy much at all, my boyfriend calls me Klaus or Klauski like the fish hence the fish pictures XD

Hollycat
01-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Today for the first time in my life I got called (and I quote) "dat ho wit da short hair"

I AM MALE
):{

NorthernChaosGod
01-25-2012, 04:05 AM
I get called KC, which are my initials. Yeah, my nickname is my name :(
It's cute though. :jess:

Today for the first time in my life I got called (and I quote) "dat ho wit da short hair"

I AM MALE
):{
lololololololol

bogert
02-07-2012, 05:37 PM
My name in this Forum is my Nick name... bogert :)

sharkythesharkdogg
02-07-2012, 05:48 PM
I usually get nick names after the voices I do.

So here recently? I get called Canadian Tire, Kin Jong Il, or just "weird." :|

Unbreakable Will
02-07-2012, 05:52 PM
My friend Megs always makes up nicknames for people and they never fail in sticking with them. One day in chemistry she decides that my legs are too short for my torso and called me Stumpy, now I get called that far more than my real name. :|

NorthernChaosGod
02-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Awww, what's the matter, Stumpy?

Unbreakable Will
02-07-2012, 06:09 PM
It was three years ago and my legs caught up damnit. I have people I don't even know walk up to me and say, "Aren't you that dude named Stumpy?"
That's what's wrong Julie. :cry:

Jiro
02-08-2012, 06:25 AM
I recall you mentioning the stumpy thing a while back. That sucks dude. Next time someone calls you stumpy, kick them in the knees and as they crumple to the floor ask them "who's fucking stumpy now fucker?" and then laugh and throw some salt on them.

Carl the Llama
02-08-2012, 06:59 AM
When I was young (and a little bastard) I used to be called Off-the-Wallie Paulie, caue when I got pissed about something I would flip out... which was alot of the time lol.

Since then I have had a number of nicknames:

Machete, given to me cause when I first went out in the ATC I had a little Machete with me... they told us to bring a knife (along with several other things) only I didn't know what kinda knife to bring... so I nicked my dad's Machete xD only the guys in the ATC called me that thankfully lol.

Boss/Big Boss, given to me by many of the people I work with for being so big, and being the boss, this is my favourite nick (as I'm a big MGS fan).

Teddy, I once wore a jumper that my ex used to love how soft it was, she snuggled and called me Teddy... it stuck with most members of her family.

Big man/gigantor/lankey and several other height related names for being so damned tall.