PDA

View Full Version : Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen

Rianoa
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM
I've always wondered if it actually works, on facebook there was a slightly slutty girl saying that it works like a charm, Have you ever tried it or do you find it childish, or have you done it unintentionally?

Do you treat someone mean and they come running like a puppy? Or do they go in the opposite direction like a startled fox ? :kakapo:

Old Manus
01-19-2012, 07:18 PM
It works and anybody who says otherwise is fooling themselves.

Doesn't really work as much on females of a higher calibre/intelligence though But who wants a girlfriend who is smarter than you?.

Parker
01-19-2012, 07:20 PM
all women are sluts

NorthernChaosGod
01-19-2012, 07:25 PM
It must work, because there's a girl that won't get off my nuts even though I'm such an asshole to her. :mad2:

Peegee
01-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Every girl is different, but generally they prefer a guy who isn't a pushover.

I actually like being nice to people, but I've learned to keep that sort of crap to myself. People who say nothing but nice things about me (and there are maybe 1 person who isn't mommy) have earned that level of nice-ness from PG

the rest of you can go to hell.

Oh example:
I work with this girl from wires who keeps hitting on me. I want nothing to do with her so I'm outright mean to her. Not mean enough to get in trouble, but I'm not nice like I am to everybody else.

And then there's people I used to be nice to, and then I later decided that their personality / beliefs / reactions to life events are just bad news, so I stop being nice Then it's like OMG PEEE GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and I'm like -___________________________-

edit: wtf cause the bou spam? the word 't - h - e - m' ? WTF

test: so I stop being nice to the:bou::bou::bou: Then it's OMG PEEE GEEEEEEEEEEEEE

edit x2: WTF

Hollycat
01-19-2012, 08:19 PM
all women are sluts

I find it very difficult to like you.

Parker
01-19-2012, 08:57 PM
well, that's me burned

Hollycat
01-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

Treat your puppies nice!

Freya
01-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah it works. It kinda has that whole alpha male/female thing attached to it, I believe.

Chris
01-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Girls or guys. All prefer people with independent means.

Zeldy
01-20-2012, 01:22 AM
I don't do this approach, well I do, but unintentionally. I'm the most insulting and sarcastic person to people that I like, but lads cotton on quick and think it's cute for some reason. I'm not cute, goddamnit. I'm always really honest, if I like someone, I want them to know I like them, in my own little ways, just leads to me always getting burned though; but i'd always rather go down being honest, thinking one day karma will be dead good to me

fire_of_avalon
01-20-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm not cute, goddamnit. I'm always really honest, if I like someone, I want them to know I like them, in my own little ways, just leads to me always getting burned though; but i'd always rather go down being honest, thinking one day karma will be dead good to me
This. So much this. My whole life.

GhandiOwnsYou
01-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Eh, there's levels. It seems to me anytime it actually works on someone (and it does, more often than I care to admit) it points to them being a fairly vacant individual pointed towards climbing the social ladder. In short, someone I wouldn't consider worth my time.

There was a cool Psych experiment I read about that kinda relates. I forget the name of the scientist or study, but in essence he assigned 10 men and 10 women numbers 1-10 that could be seen by others, but not them. This was their "attractiveness" in the experiment. They were instructed to try to find the most attractive mate they could, and the two mates had to agree to the coupling. What they found was that over all, people tended to land within one or two spots of their own attractiveness value. Based on how dismissive the other people were, vs. how eager the other people were, they were able to gauge their general ranking on the "attractiveness" scale. I'd argue the same thing applies here. If you're an asshole to someone, you may just be giving them an impression that you are higher on the social ladder than them, and it would behoove them to try to sponge some of it off you.

But really, think about that. Is it honestly worth it to abuse a screwed up society wherein assholes are better than nice guys?

Edit: If anyone recognizes the general outline of the experiment and can give me a name or correct any details, I'd be appreciative. It's kinda driving me nuts that I can't remember the specifics.

NorthernChaosGod
01-20-2012, 03:59 AM
all women are sluts

How funny, that's how the rest of us feel about you. :colbert:

Hollycat
01-20-2012, 04:02 AM
You guys make me sad.

fire_of_avalon
01-20-2012, 04:09 AM
I'ma notch both y'alls ears if you don't behave and love each other. Julian, hug your brother.

TrollHunter
01-20-2012, 05:21 AM
I wouldn't know because I've always played the honest and nice role. It's just how I am, I don't do it on purpose. I'm like the polar opposite of assertive ._.
Though this hasn't exactly turned a large number of girls away from me, so I'm not complaining.
I'm only a dick to someone if they disrespect me in a way I don't like. If I'm good ofriends with somene I have a pretty high tolerance for it, but if the line is crossed there's just no saving the poor soul. I've made quite a number of enemies (mostly among the self-entitled arrogant group of girls) but I don't really care about them.
But for the most part, I can be way too nice at points, or I'm just too much of a pussy to express myself.
Meh, it's who I am.

escobert
01-20-2012, 05:23 AM
I'm generally nice and girls don't really come running after me. and actually my girlfriend said the first time we met she thought I was an asshole. So It must work!

Hollycat
01-20-2012, 05:38 AM
Unfortunately it does work, which is why nice guys like me get very few girls.

Shiny
01-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Everyone is an asshole to a certain degree, but ultimately I like good-hearted people with a little sardonic humor -- not overboard. There's only so much I can take from someone who is just consistently mean when you aren't to them and most people are perceptive at noticing when someone is a try-hard (trying too hard to be someone they're not) i.e. a badass.

Madonna
01-20-2012, 07:21 AM
most people are perceptive at noticing when someone is a try-hard (trying too hard to be someone they're not) i.e. a badass.
We call those wannabe's, love. Your made-up words are charming.

Structural abuse is an effective but harmful means of achieving dominance or safety. You can keep people in line with it, but no one comes out of a relationship based on it healthily. It is not recommended.

Iceglow
01-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Different people find different things attractive. Generally though the "treat em mean" approach works well at least in the initial phases of meeting someone. I believe it's because generally speaking it signifies that whilst you want the person, you don't need the person. That is an attractive quality to most people, I met a girl fairly recently who didn't like this approach and yet I found when I was actually nice to her and showed genuine interest we both ended up not wanting the relationship for different reasons which I found pretty ironic.

Generally though being a bit of a flirt I like to make some quips towards people that often seem a little mean to outsiders but yet within the target audience and myself it's quite funny. I find it weird however since there are 2 girls I work/worked with at the moment who I am fairly certain nothing would ever happen with and we spend our entire days making mean comments to each other and yet we get along really well. So I guess even in friendship, this can be true.

G13
01-20-2012, 10:28 AM
all women are sluts

How funny, that's how the rest of us feel about you. :colbert:

Well isn't that the pot being racially insensitive towards the kettle. :greenie:

Peegee
01-20-2012, 06:40 PM
I'M AN INTERNET TOUGH GUY LISTEN TO THESE STORIES WHERE I WAS A TOUGH SOB IN FRONT OF MY FEMALES

SO LIKE THIS ONE TIME YEAH I WAS LIKE SO AWESOME

AND THERE'S THIS OTHER TIME TOO!

ASK JULIAN CUZ ONE TIME I BEAT HIM UP WHILE HIS WOMAN CRIED IN THE CORNER AND THEN I WAS LIKE WOMAN I SMOTE YOUR MALE YOU ARE MY MATE

AND THEN I WOKE UP FROM MY DREAM AND CRIED IN A CORNER OVER WHAT WILL NEVER BE

Pike
01-21-2012, 05:09 PM
I'M AN INTERNET TOUGH GUY LISTEN TO THESE STORIES WHERE I WAS A TOUGH SOB IN FRONT OF MY FEMALES

SO LIKE THIS ONE TIME YEAH I WAS LIKE SO AWESOME

AND THERE'S THIS OTHER TIME TOO!

ASK JULIAN CUZ ONE TIME I BEAT HIM UP WHILE HIS WOMAN CRIED IN THE CORNER AND THEN I WAS LIKE WOMAN I SMOTE YOUR MALE YOU ARE MY MATE

AND THEN I WOKE UP FROM MY DREAM AND CRIED IN A CORNER OVER WHAT WILL NEVER BE

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/BannedGeneral/1308858818282.jpg

Quindiana Jones
01-21-2012, 05:42 PM
If this was true, domestic violence wouldn't be grounds for divorce. :doublecolbert:

Leigh
01-21-2012, 06:29 PM
Hot Guys: This approach often works and they earn the ranking and honour of "Cheeky Chappy".

Average/Ugly sods: They will probably just think of you as a bit of an arse. You better practice your door-opening proficiency!

Tigmafuzz
01-22-2012, 08:23 AM
If another guy being "alpha" attracts a woman more than my intelligence, personality, sense of humor, and sincerity, then she didn't deserve me anyway. I've done just fine on those grounds. Hell, I've actually got two girlfriends at the moment living under the same roof. Karma ftw?

Quindiana Jones
01-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Prostitutes are only interested in money, CS. :D

Parker
01-22-2012, 10:36 AM
two prostitutes tied up in the closet doesn't count as two girlfriends living under one roof, CS. :D

G13
01-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Your right and left hands are not considered people, let alone girlfriends, CS. :D

Quindiana Jones
01-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Pretty sure that fills the quota.

Sylvie
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Nobody tells Quin how to run the show. Lucky for you, you don't even have to ask the babes to go out for a ride with you. Why? Because you don't listen to anyone, and if it's your way or the highway, young teen exhibitionists won't think twice about joining the evergrowing "monogamy is for chumps" philosophy. Quin won't tolerate monogamy. Quin don't want it. That's Quin Prison.

Tigmafuzz
01-23-2012, 02:22 AM
Your words cut so deeply. If only there were a woman here, preferably one that I were romantically linked with, to offer me a shoulder to cry on. Oh wait... there are two.

TrollHunter
01-23-2012, 03:57 AM
Your words cut so deeply. If only there were a woman here, preferably one that I were romantically linked with, to offer me a shoulder to cry on. Oh wait... there are two.

Inflatable "dolls" do NOT COUNT.

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2012, 09:21 PM
He can't hear you through all the breasts he's buried his face in.

Peegee
01-24-2012, 05:12 PM
I totes jelly butthurt mad bruh at CS

Renmiri
01-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Honestly I think it works with some women. my sister is one. She has dumped / refused to date many a nice guy because they were "too nice" according to her, hence boring. She is now married to a guy that isn't a jerk but isn't overly nice to her either and openly flirts with other girls in front of her.

To me it is a complete turnoff. I learned that after i dated a few assholes though, and have the scars to prove it.

Hollycat
01-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Honestly I think it works with some women. my sister is one. She has dumped / refused to date many a nice guy because they were "too nice" according to her, hence boring. She is now married to a guy that isn't a jerk but isn't overly nice to her either and openly flirts with other girls in front of her.

To me it is a complete turnoff. I learned that after i dated a few assholes though, and have the scars to prove it.

Want to go on a date?

I'm a nice guy, at least I've been told so.

BTW seriously. I broke up with Lyric so I'm free.

escobert
01-25-2012, 01:02 AM
My girlfriend punched me in the nose today :(

Shiny
01-25-2012, 02:22 AM
Why?

escobert
01-25-2012, 04:27 AM
Because she got mad at me. We got into a fight at about 5 am and all hell broke loose for the rest of the day :(

Shiny
01-25-2012, 08:15 PM
That seems like a lame reason to punch someone in the face. O_o Sorry that happened to you.

Quindiana Jones
01-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Punch her back.

Peegee
01-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Punch her back.

right because... ah forget it it's GC

LOL RAPE

Iceglow
01-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Don't punch her back, that'll just get you done for domestic violence..No instead take a leaf out of her book. Next time she's really after something, something special like something she really likes and enjoys but makes your life a little less happy to give her. Next time she wants something like a massage, a foot massage because she's been on her feet all day doing whatever it is she's been doing. Refuse her. Point blank look at her and say no, much like how when you do wrong and then want sex/a bj she say's no to you.

Quindiana Jones
01-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Hey, women aren't delicate flowers. They could have had a pretty awesome fight like Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but nooooooooo, Bert had to be all "ooh you can't hit women because they're such weak and feeble and pathetic creatures" and miss out on all that post-attempted murder coitus.

escobert
01-25-2012, 11:19 PM
I'd never hit a woman I just got mad and left. I stayed at my moms last night and am going to again tonight. she's all sad and wanting me to come back now.

Peegee
01-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Don't punch her back, that'll just get you done for domestic violence..No instead take a leaf out of her book. Next time she's really after something, something special like something she really likes and enjoys but makes your life a little less happy to give her. Next time she wants something like a massage, a foot massage because she's been on her feet all day doing whatever it is she's been doing. Refuse her. Point blank look at her and say no, much like how when you do wrong and then want sex/a bj she say's no to you.

It took me 5 minutes to think about this to find out what you were babbling about. Are you sure you speak british english?

A woman will just not ask you to do something nice. Odds are they won't ask you period but I digress.

Then they will be like I'm going to attack you with a chainsaw and then I have to go and kick them in the face because THAT'S HOW TO CONTROL WOMEN WHITE POWER

Quindiana Jones
01-26-2012, 12:10 AM
I like how I have both advocated and condemned domestic violence in this one thread alone.

But seriously, the decision of hitting a person should be independent of gender. :colbert:

nik0tine
01-26-2012, 06:32 AM
because THAT'S HOW TO CONTROL WOMEN WHITE POWER

Parker
01-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Listen to me guys, i know women. i know all about these mysterious creatures

first of al

Peegee
01-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Listen to me guys, i know women. i know all about these mysterious creatures

first of al

*scribbles furiously*

Sylvie
01-26-2012, 10:20 PM
First, harvest many blowjobs.

Iceglow
01-27-2012, 01:16 AM
I like how I have both advocated and condemned domestic violence in this one thread alone.

But seriously, the decision of hitting a person should be independent of gender. :colbert:

I like how you're doing both in the same thread too. I think we ought to make a club. Anyhow, I agree the whole decision of hitting a person should be independent of gender. That's why I try not to hit anyone but if I have to if the person is genuinely a threat for example they're honestly likely to kick my arse or actually hurt me? I'll go for the quick victory by dirty tactics.

Sylvie
01-27-2012, 02:04 AM
I like how you're doing both in the same thread too. I think we ought to make a club.
A club, you say? (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/141218-my-big-miscreation-suppression-enchanting.html)

Quindiana Jones
02-01-2012, 02:33 AM
I'm pretty sure there's already a "hitting women club". It's called Texas.

Hollycat
02-01-2012, 02:38 AM
ಠ_ಠ

Tigmafuzz
02-01-2012, 01:45 PM
I can't disagree with this statement, as much as I want to.

Peegee
02-01-2012, 01:48 PM
whenever i argue with myself against ron paul i use texas as an example of why we need a coercive government.

Loony BoB
02-01-2012, 01:58 PM
It can work depending on what kind of relationship you are after. However, I would say a better saying would be "Don't treat them like you NEED TO BE WITH THEM AT EVERY MOMENT, keep them keen." Basically, don't get clingy, because eventually they'll just want to distance themselves from you. They're more likely to be interested in you if they don't have you wrapped around their little finger already.

Hollycat
02-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Oh, come on! Not everyone here hits women!
Yeargy, appear and back me up!

NeoCracker
02-01-2012, 02:13 PM
Yeargy, appear and back me up!

Perhaps instead of asking Yeargy, you should ask his wife.

That is if he'll let her out of the kitchen. *shakes fist at Yearg*

Tigmafuzz
02-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I think you and I are the only exceptions, really.

Hollycat
02-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I think you and I are the only exceptions, really.

That's pretty sad.