PDA

View Full Version : My Windows Partition Bluescreens All The Freaking Time

Pike
01-22-2012, 03:21 PM
What it says on the tin. I've got two partitions on my drive: Kubuntu Linux and Windows XP. I'm usually on Linux unless I want to play a particular game that I can't get running in Wine, like EU3. Well, lately I've been on an EU3 kick so I've been on Windows, and good word. I'm lucky to get through more than 12 hours without a bluescreen. It's been this way for several months now.

At first I noticed that it was suspiciously only happening when I was on Firefox so I started using Chrome instead, and for a few days this was promising, but now the same exact thing is happening with Chrome as well.

It always happens when I'm trying to load a website (usually something image heavy), and it only happens on my Windows partition. I've checked the drive for errors, updated all of my drivers, done virus/malware scans, etc. but to no avail.

HALP :whimper:

Baloki
01-22-2012, 06:26 PM
If you right-click My Computer and go to Manage. Then within there (usually under the heading of system tools) there's an option called "Event Viewer", click that and it should give a list of error logs. Could you give us a screenshot or copy+pasta of some of those and it might help narrow it down.

Pike
01-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Okay, I went into the logs and found a LOT of stuff. I'm pretty sure that in this screenshot I've narrowed it down to the crashes-- I could be wrong, but these "System Error" events seem to line up with times that I know for sure there was a crash. I crashed twice in a row early this morning, for example.

Thanks for any help <3