PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition Giveaway! - Congrats DMKA!

Del Murder
01-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Happy 2012! To get the new year started off right, Eyes on Final Fantasy will be giving away a copy of the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition to one lucky member. The English release of FFXIII-2 is right around the corner (January 31) and many of us are very excited to get our hands on it. One of you will be doing so for free! Along with the game, the Collector's Edition comes with special digipack packaging, the 4-disc Official Soundtrack, and a concept art book.

Entering is simple. To enter, post in this thread telling us what your favorite Final Fantasy game is and why. Keep it short, 1 to 2 sentences, or preferably, in a haiku! Don't worry, your entry won't be judged and all entrants have an equal chance of winning. On February 3rd we will hold a random drawing to determine the lucky winner. We will then ask you for your XBOX360/Playstation 3 preference. Only one entry per member please. And no second accounts, we'll be able to tell. Sadly, staff aren't eligible :(, but I pre-ordered my copy anyway. :)

Good luck to all of you!

*UPDATE ON 1/26*

In addition to replying to this thread stating your favorite Final Fantasy game and why, you will also be able to enter the drawing up to three more times (so four entries total) by doing each of the following:

Promoting this event by linking back to this thread on your Twitter account.
Promoting this event by linking back to this thread on your Facebook Wall.
Creating a unique and relevant topic in any of the Final Fantasy/Square-Enix game forums.

If you elect to do any of the above, please link to it in this thread so we can verify. Otherwise we'd go crazy searching for this stuff. Good luck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/FFXIII-2_CE_LG.jpg

I Don't Need A Name
01-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Final Fantasy VI 'cause it's got Kefka. 'Nuff said.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-23-2012, 05:38 PM
FF7 is my favorite because the impact it had.

Back when I was in high school, I played it and it was AMAZING. So much so that I passed it around to my friends and played when it was rainy-after school/weekends. It had everything: side quests, hidden characters, plot twists, tons of weapons/materia, and the weapon/master mataria challenges. It also turned us into FF series fans and we are still playing today.

Necronopticous
01-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Final Fantasy VI because it is the best game.

NorthernChaosGod
01-23-2012, 06:09 PM
FFVI is my favorite because it has the most compelling characters (with a large roster too!), a villain that actually "destroys" the world, and an awesome story.

Mirage
01-23-2012, 06:15 PM
Final Fantasy Six
Because it's in my haiku
Awesome

Old Manus
01-23-2012, 07:25 PM
And no second accounts, we'll be able to tell.:onoes:

IX because it's good
Y'all better know if I win
Put straight on Ebay

MrsBennington
01-23-2012, 07:54 PM
Final Fantasy VII is my favorite. It presents unique personalities and storylines from both the "good" guys" and the "bad guys".

Hollycat
01-23-2012, 08:01 PM
This is a tough one. I love 1,2,5,6,7,cc,9,10, and 12. it's too hard to pick just one, but I guess I'll go with

Final Fantasy
seven is the one for me
haiku powers go!

Carl the Llama
01-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Final Fantasy VII is awesome,
Cupcakes are yummy,
Final Fantasy XIII-2 looks great!

Freya
01-23-2012, 09:04 PM
IX is the coolest.
A guy has a monkey tail.
Zap zap, pikachu

Iceglow
01-23-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm going to be controversial, my favourite FF game is VIII. The reason for this is simple; it was the game that first got me playing Final Fantasy. If I had not been playing Final Fantasy games then I would not have come here, without coming here I would not know you lovely people.

Carl the Llama
01-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Final Fantasy VII is awesome,
Cupcakes are yummy,
Final Fantasy XIII-2 looks great!

alexandrian haiku?

Couldn't be bothered to do a 5-7-5 haiku lol, just random things that I like.

Like cupcakes:

http://www.mychocolate.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/cookie-monster-cupcake.jpg

Scotty_ffgamer
01-23-2012, 09:22 PM
The eighth entry's best
Nostalgia is the reason
Zell chokes on hot dogs

Raistlin
01-24-2012, 12:07 AM
FFT is great
The best job system ever
Haikus are so gay

NorthernChaosGod
01-24-2012, 12:13 AM
I like how everyone's doing haiku now. And only one of them is any good. :p

Mirage
01-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Well, at least I did it first!

Hollycat
01-24-2012, 12:45 AM
That wan't a haiku.

Good luck though.
TO EVERYONE:
Good luck, and whoever wins, can I borrow it when you are done?

Rostum
01-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Final Fantasy 9 is my favourite game in the series. I love the whimsical nature of it that is contrasted by some fairly dark themes. I also love the way that the characters are developed in a relatively realistic way, and can really empathise with a lot of them.

Crop
01-24-2012, 12:55 AM
FFVII is my favourite FF game. I think the gameplay, world, story and all of the characters are excellent. I can still play the game to this day with all the enjoyment I did when I first purchased it.

Tigmafuzz
01-24-2012, 05:42 AM
I wish I had known you were giving one away before I pre-ordered mine ;_;

Mirage
01-24-2012, 11:35 AM
That wan't a haiku.

Good luck though.
TO EVERYONE:
Good luck, and whoever wins, can I borrow it when you are done?

Sure it was, just not a very good one!

Bubba
01-24-2012, 01:15 PM
FFVII all the way. It was the first one I ever played and is still far and away the greatest game I have ever experienced. FFVI is awesome as well though and my opinion may have been different if I had played that first.

Haiku standard has been generally poor so far...

I like sex, although
I have never touched myself
In a public place

FifthDream
01-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Final Fantasy VI is my favorite. I love everything about it, but on my first playthrough (when it was new on the SNES), when the opera scene started i was stunned and amazed, and it cemented Final Fantasy as my favorite game series.

Renmiri
01-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Final Fantasy X

Sins of the Father, gone
Son's tears, finding love and losing it
Father's sacrifice saving the world

A guardian in two worlds
Protecting dreams, kin and secrets with ease
Wisdom gained at ultimate price

Brother lost, orphans and widows
A world ravaged by Sin, losers' pride
Dream kept through killing many

One dies to save all
Merely a brief relief, cycle begins anew
Never ending Spiral of Death

Deception covers endless pain forever
One refuses to lie, breaking the cycle
True salvation at last comes

Del Murder
01-24-2012, 06:43 PM
All y'all haikus suck (Renmiri your poem was nice). Even though I'm not eligible, I'm going to show you how it's done.

VI; the masterpiece
Kefka destroyed the world, but
the strong cast saved it.

Squall_Leonhart3:16
01-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Final Fantasy VII because Cloud is the kind of hero many of us can relate to and Sephiroth is the most epic villain EVER.

Rianoa
01-24-2012, 07:26 PM
It took a while for me to chose but I'm gonna say X mainly cause its the first one that I really played, Game meets film and it has ha ha ha scene XD.

Boko_13
01-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Final Fantasy VIII is my favourite because it was my first Final Fantasy game. It brings back so many amazing memories of me and my sister playing it endlessly, and it pretty much helped to inspire me for most of my life so far.

Cheesy, maybe, but true.

Breine
01-24-2012, 07:45 PM
It's difficult, but at the end of the day it's probably Final Fantasy IX. It's wonderfully atmospheric, it's amusing, it has a great and classic "fantasy" setting, the characters are great and the gameplay just seems really tweaked, plus it's a loevly homage to the Final Fantasy franchise up until that point.

Hedgy
01-24-2012, 07:57 PM
It's got to be Final Fantasy 7 for me. It was the first one I played, plus Tifa is cute ;)

Soul Reaver
01-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Geeze, did someone send out an email to all the people who haven't posted in 5 years about this contest?

EDIT: actually, that would make sense, I guess even the sleepybees deserve a chance to win.

original comment retracted

Just because we don't post doesn't mean we don't use the site. ;)

Anyway, if I had to pick one, it would probably be Final Fantasy IX. I loved the game system, it had great music, it had one of the most enjoyable protagonists (who was largely without angsty teen drama) and some wonderful character interaction between the heroes. And it was great to see it get back to its early roots in terms of setting, job classes and the like.

Acturos
01-24-2012, 08:42 PM
Final Fantasy VII is my favorite Final Fantasy mainly because it was the first FF to be made through a 3D world. Also, the only one where they would make a movie out of it. (Advent Children)

Psychotic
01-24-2012, 09:26 PM
I can't enter but

Seven, because of
Mukki, Don Corneo, Cid
and Bugenhagen.

Sephex
01-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Final Fantasy IV for two reasons. It tied into an important part of my childhood, and it opened my eyes to how games can be an exquisite storytelling medium.

tokyogirl87
01-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Final Fantasy IX!
The story, the music, the great characters, Tetra Master
There is just something about it...

PhoenixAsh
01-24-2012, 10:54 PM
The first one I played
Final Fantasy Seven
The Gold Saucer rocked

Del Murder
01-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Please only post in this thread to submit your entry or ask a question about the contest. All other posts will be deleted.

krissy
01-25-2012, 12:29 AM
i like ff thirteen
because of lightning when she
punches snow's smug face

edit: i have decided to write a ballad about ff13 actually for this thread

Now, let us count down the days,
Let us remember the times when by ascension,
We became closer to the Maker and with each breath,
Ravaged and destroyed the land at his very mention.

Our time here was short but our reach became longer,
With each crystallarium level and each accessory,
Equipping our bravery to battle a government that cares not,
And lies to its people, let those lies found our glory.

We conducted ourselves, oh we conducted,
Our weapons became instruments of destruction,
Hopes and aspirations fell by the wayside, into the Crack'ed chasm,
Where one like us (one of us) had previously taken action.

And our sisters and children and lovers and friends,
We watched them crystallize, we kept their tears and goals,
Our eyes focused as a true goal finally dawned,
Freedom, freedom, we would be free even if we were to walk on coals.

We must shift the world quickly, this is a turbulent time,
As the rocks come flying we fight for those flinging hands,
The public hates and knows not why, all their minds trapped in a paradigm,
Lies, lies, lies, and nothing understood but death demands.

Oh, thirteenth day, we came together then to become one,
A group of rebels and exiles and God-spawn,
Oh, thirteenth day, each day before you a shroud of none,
And yet tomorrow we shall form our own new dawn.

A father keeps his offspring as safe as he can,
Until fate tears his shins, and his sons, and becomes his rival.
Your promises staggered and now you kneel deep,
But you fight for this slight chance, this chance of revival.

A child who hides from the past she remembers,
But wants amnesia to take over, erase, clearness unbinds,
Lies beget lies and you must face the mirror,
And everything here is reflective, everything reminds.

A guardian etched over, a woman scorned enough,
With purpose easy enough, but not battling for reasons,
Saving one over saving many, struggling to become the end,
With your long reach you may yet turn the seasons.

Growing too fast, losing too much, wrong place, wrong time,
You found it easy enough to find a scapegoat, lust in eyes to murder,
But less easy to become wrath, to become a wraith,
If you hadn't found us, growing up with no mother would've been harder.

Shan't prove nothing now, hero, warrior, revolutionary, taking brave steps of giants,
You were only in this to have her approach your heart,
Now of a single mind, a single fight, it is your hands that shall break the skies,
But you sleep with her tears by your chest and hope to depart.

And you, you, you destroyer. Ravager, commanding officer,
You fight not for yourself but for retribution, atonement, to say what you meant,
All this time you had by her ears, and you've said nothing of value,
Absolve yourself by creating a new world then, an anarchistic new escarpment.

All these mistakes in less than two weeks,
Now we require tools to fix them, tools to put together what wasn't broken,
Sabotage of the status quo, medicine for our spirits,
Shall these tools become as sailors for a new land, or will they just cling to old tokens?

Take up sword in hand, my fellow inhumans,
We are less than our vices but we'll squeeze just as hard,
Take up your mark, my lost lonely errants,
It's time for the Occupy Cocoon movement to start!

Tavaryn
01-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Oh no, more goblins
Sword, Esper, or Fire2?
I'll use my chainsaw.

silverbow
01-25-2012, 01:10 AM
The music plays
From Final Fantasy VI
And makes me sit back and listen

0mNiS|aSh
01-25-2012, 01:55 AM
In Balamb Garden
Rebel angel, Rinoa
Under the starlight

chionos
01-25-2012, 02:13 AM
All y'all haikus suck (Renmiri your poem was nice). Even though I'm not eligible, I'm going to show you how it's done.

VI; the masterpiece
Kefka destroyed the world, but
the strong cast saved it.

Del, you know what, smurf you. That is almost word for word what I was going to say. Bastard. You're exactly right though.

FFI was good--
The beginning that gave us
A strong foundation

Part II tried new things,
But had a cast that needed
Better fleshing out.

Three just came along
Too late for Americans
To care about it

Four was fantastic
But it could have been better
With more Rydia

V had its moments
Like turning into a frog
But see number three

VI could have ended
The Final Fantasy world
It would be enough

Wild boys, a moogle
And precocious little girls
There's no better cast

Magic and mayhem,
Terra's mom gets it on with
An esper!? hellz yeah!

Aurabolt, bitches
Sabin as a Street Fighter
Would be so bad ass

Cloud, Squall, and Tidus?
Big Ogre Umaro says
Shut the funk up, nerds

Masters together
Amano, Sakaguchi,
And Uematsu

It's the best and all
You seven loving fan boys
You can suck a :bou::bou::bou::bou:

zorander
01-25-2012, 02:21 AM
I loved number 9
I Fancied Zidane Tribal
Shame he isn't real

^_^

Madonna
01-25-2012, 03:02 AM
iv had terrorists
it had genocide also
a sweet crystal theme

bigbri2k5
01-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Final Fantasy X, when I tore my ACL and was stuck in the house one of my friends lent me this. Hundreds of hours later I'd finally found all the secrets and I was hooked on FF.

AceGainer
01-25-2012, 10:36 AM
By far VIII is the one for me
It's graphics are odd
yet I love it more than the rest!

Second verse! :D

The characters are nice enough
The music is grand
Balamb Garden is my home.

And a third, why not?

Granted, The story is messed up
think of it like time-travel
Or just think of it as bad luck

Feed
01-25-2012, 10:44 AM
Final Fantasy X would be my love
Battle system is perfect
Its story is fine too

Warewolves
01-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Fantasy seven,
Chocobo racing event,
Breeding also fun.

trekull
01-25-2012, 10:47 AM
I had the most fun playing Final Fantasy 10-2. Call me weird for loving the dress up simulator, but I liked it. Here's hoping 13-2 is another great sequel.

Cortez
01-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Ten is my choice
Blitzball bought me fully
Story is good as well

It's fun to write in haiku, lol :D

JP317
01-25-2012, 10:53 AM
My favourite, it's a tough choice as I love every one I've played, probably IX because it's the only one that ever compelled me to write a short fan fic about it, which I then used for school work...

For anyone interested I was watching DBZ & GT at the time and it was a crossover I'm sure you can see where it went.

meowwl
01-25-2012, 10:55 AM
IV's the best one
Sephiroth is the leather
Daddy of heaven

Lowis
01-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Final Fantasy IV, just because how much Cecil and Kain change through the game.

Jirito
01-25-2012, 11:05 AM
Final Fantasy VIII because the gunblade appears.

terrykof94
01-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Happy 2012! To get the new year started off right, Eyes on Final Fantasy will be giving away a copy of the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition to one lucky member. The English release of FFXIII-2 is right around the corner (January 31) and many of us are very excited to get our hands on it. One of you will be doing so for free! Along with the game, the Collector's Edition comes with special digipack packaging, the 4-disc Official Soundtrack, and a concept art book.

Entering is simple. To enter, post in this thread telling us what your favorite Final Fantasy game is and why. Keep it short, 1 to 2 sentences, or preferably, in a haiku! Don't worry, your entry won't be judged and all entrants have an equal chance of winning. On February 3rd we will hold a random drawing to determine the lucky winner. We will then ask you for your XBOX360/Playstation 3 preference. Only one entry per member please. And no second accounts, we'll be able to tell. Sadly, staff aren't eligible :(, but I pre-ordered my copy anyway. :)

Good luck to all of you!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/FFXIII-2_CE_LG.jpg
difficult this choice are several that I like I'll post the most played: FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY XII IZJS ae these for my ps3 makes me aside and go back to the ps2, because there will never be better than this .....

Matrinka
01-25-2012, 12:04 PM
I'd have to say that Final Fantasy X is my all-time favorite. It was the first video game I played on my own. I fell in love with the characters and how they changed from the first moment of the game to the very end. It packed an emotional punch that stayed with me. <3

Dragoon91786
01-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Very hard question. It's a solid four way tie. [AM I disqualified? O.o]

Final Fantasy I was the first game in the series I played. My cousin introduced me to Final Fantasy by showing me the game back in 1993/1994. Shortly there after I began playing on my own--he left me his NES and the maps and manual (somehow got lost in my parents second move). For nostalgic reasons, this game is no. 1 It introduced the hyperbolic irony that was to be "Final" Fantasy as it's creators honestly thought it would be their last game before the company folded. The music from I, II and V are still my favorites.

Final Fantasy IV was the first game in the series I played on my own (along with Final Fantasy VI). They were part of my first foray into gaming--I rented Final Fantasy II (US), Final Fantasy III (US) and Secret of Mana (US)--each for SNES. It was by this point I had fully comprehended the vast importance of these games and became obsessed with all things Final Fantasy.

Then came Final Fantasy VII. I won't say that VII beats the storyline for VI, because that would be mere hyperbole. No one can say definitively, which is better. VI had the villain who you could not understand--who just felt evil--and who you just wanted to kill--it was the Opus Epic for the Final Fantasy Series. It even had an Opera specifically made for the game--a very good Opera! (as Operas go)--and has left many fans claiming for it to be awarded the prized claim "best in series". But, Final Fantasy VII did accomplish one thing no Final Fantasy game has before or since accomplish--made the series known. It was the only reason I got a PSX. When I saw that TV ad for Final Fantasy VII, I had to have it, NOW! The game had depth and great character development (just as VI had), but the characters were unique--they broke with the series's predecessors. Up until Final Fantasy VII all the games were either pure fantasy or fantasy/steampunk. Final Fantasy VII brought the Cyberpunk modern era into the fold and created a real modern era science fiction love story epic. Gasp! Long! It even mixed in tragedy in a way, previous games have not!

Final Fantasy VI on the other hand took an evil Empire vs. an evil Corporation. Final Fantasy VI was a story about how revolutionaries can save the world from and evil Roman Empire plus magic and crazy ass techno-steam punk powers! Final Fantasy VII landed far closer to home--corporatocracy: When civilization and society sell out to Corporate Japan, and the world is left in their hands, to do so as they please. Governments fall, and Shinra Electrical Power Company steps in to "save" humanity from itself--or so they claim.

Sorry for my length, but I really could not choose any one game to be my favorite. I didn't even mention another personal favorite Final Fantasy V. Choosing is just so damn HARD!

mekstrom
01-25-2012, 12:17 PM
ff13 cuz its the only one i played!

CidOwnz
01-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Well i have tried almost every single Final fantasy ever made, but im gonna say that FFVII is the best because of 2 reasons.

1. its the first FF game and first game i've ever played.
2. its got the best story of them all and that game revolutionized the JRPG genre world wide.

Nuff said.

nid2210
01-25-2012, 01:01 PM
FFVIII is the best Coolest story and best characters...

comma
01-25-2012, 01:08 PM
FFT, mainly because the plot is compelling and more palatable for adults. The strategy element is a lot of fun, and combined with the job system, it offers a lot of opportunity for variety.

RagnorokKing
01-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Final Fantasy VII because it was my first RPG ever and I cried when Aeris died.

B Boy Rock
01-25-2012, 01:27 PM
FFX, the story is just amazing. I've gone through and played (not finished) every other game bit FFX definatly takes the spot as my favourite and I must admit, my first true love.

Mystryx
01-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Would have to be FF8, so much fun, great story, we all love Squall and by far my favourite mini game, Triple Triad =D Catchy tune.

frenchsnake
01-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Love FF IV because of what happens to Cecil and Kain, and the spoony bard, and FuSoYa the mop-man, and because I love Wayrift and the Sygnus network way too much. ^_^

Wayrift Fantasy RPG Manga Webcomic - (http://www.wayrift.com/)

Moonie
01-25-2012, 02:12 PM
I think it would have to be FFX. Great plot, great cast, and really great music.
I really enjoyed the game :)

Pox
01-25-2012, 02:14 PM
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/f/f7/160px-Ff3usbox.gif

Suplex a train.

cowboynwo
01-25-2012, 02:23 PM
FF VII This is is a amazing game for its time.

prayzer
01-25-2012, 02:36 PM
FFVII is my fav cuz it took my FF virginity, and its the best ever. Then I went on to X, X-2, XII, CC, XIII, and currently playing II. :jess:

Saizo
01-25-2012, 02:44 PM
My favorite would have to be Final Fantasy XII, especially the International Zodiac Job System version. I know many people disagree, but I really enjoyed the non-linear approach it had, even if the game got a bit repetitive at times. :)

rikkuriffic
01-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Terra, sweet Esper
Of my best-loved FF6
And Celes, strong characters.

...Okay, so my haikus stink. I love FF6! Edgar hitting on Relm is always hilarious and cringe-worthy. FF9 and FF10 are close runners-up. :)

Roto13
01-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Final Fantasy VI because Mog, obviously.

*leaves forever*

kinetic010
01-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Final fantasy VIII nuff said

Aerith's Knight
01-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Though my name suggests otherwise, Final fantasy 9 really remains my favorite. I still say FF7 had the best materia system, FF9 brought the roots together with a great story and remains the game I go back to time after time.

Loopah
01-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Final Fantasy X - Slightly edges our materia for best player/gear customization system with the sphere grid. Aside from that the story is great and the combat is marvelous as well.

wildthing2022000
01-25-2012, 04:04 PM
Mog in his glory
Saved the world with 8 dances
Has a Yeti friend

chanteur
01-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Hard to decide. I like FFIX & FFX Equally.

I loved Blitzball in X and my all time favorite song is melodies of Life from FFIX. Plus I like the Tetra Master games.

But I would have to say FFX would prolly be my favorite overall. I like the voiced talking & Blitzball just rocked.

Chorin
01-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Sixth entry, why have a
One Winged Angel when you can
have a Six-Winged God?

Psychokitty
01-25-2012, 04:23 PM
I like them all, now
They changed my life, don't you know?
They led me to here.

However, regardless that I love them all, the one that had the most impact on my life over-all was Final Fantasy Seven. I remember likeing video games, but not really getting into them. When I placed Disc 1 into my system, and entered this new world, it was like magic.Without FF&, I would never have started on RPG's, nor, when I needed help, would I have discovered Eyes On FF. It led me here, and I love this site. I may not be the most active guy around, but each time I come back here, a smile in always on my face as I see people, new and old.

xarabas
01-25-2012, 04:34 PM
My personal favourite FF game from series would be FF VIII, it was my first FF game and i spent countless hours on it, it was the game that introduced me to whole final fantasy world. The love story between Squall and Rinoa is truly amazing and im not afraid to admit that i shed a single manly tear during the final cutscene in FF VIII ^^

Miolnir1016
01-25-2012, 04:39 PM
FF9 all the way! First one I ever played, and I'm still in love with the characters. Very few games have established as strong an emotional connection.

tyrekinyl
01-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Kain, Cecil, Golbez
Duplicating Excaliburs
FFIV by far

No, but really, FFIV was the first of the series I played and it got me hooked.

Ruwach
01-25-2012, 05:03 PM
to be honest, i love every FF with songs from Nobuo Uematsu, ranging from FF1 all the way till FF12 (even though he only did 1 song for 12) because his music really touches the heart and makes you fall in love with everything in the game...

but if i have to choose, it'll be FF8 because of the songs~ FF7 might be a classic for some of its song pieces but FF8's Liberi Fatali and especially Eyes On Me are the timeless pieces that will live eternally in the history of Square~

*PS: a reply, to those who are wondering if there was an email sent out... there is and i belong to one of them~ but it's because of stuff like this (the email, not the freebie, which is usually not spam) that i still bother to visit EoFF once in a while, even after 13 years~ kudos to the admin~

helpmeasap
01-25-2012, 05:21 PM
My favorite final fantasy game was final fantasy tactics because the job class system and how random encounters had such a variety of special encounters.

Ashen-Shugar
01-25-2012, 05:28 PM
My favourite is FFVII simply because it was my first. It took me to another world and never let me go.

EDIT: I agree with the guy ranting about sending an e-mail out though. It's not really fair on the people who actually visit the site to have hundreds of people competing who haven't been on in years (myself included). I therefore withdraw myself from the prize draw. If I am still selected somehow, give it to the angriest (regular) poster lol.

Magi_sirenio
01-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Alot of people I know disliked final fantasy XII, but I loved it. The gameplay was interesting , the graphics were AMAZING, but overall the game was just magical. The way Fran's hair moved when she walked, the stunning cutscenes, the dramatic storyline. I always like to imagine that I'm in the world that each ff game creates, and if I had to choose one out of all of them it would be FFXII's Ivalice.

Hans
01-25-2012, 05:37 PM
FF8, because the game is BIG, and the plot is BIG, and that allows for all kinds of crazy things to happen.

applesauce
01-25-2012, 05:42 PM
A difficult choice for sure... but I must say FFIX as I absolutely loved the ending!

sorry for the lack of haiku-writing, my creative juices are still in the process of being produced.

Good luck to everyone!

Zwei
01-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Final Fantasy VII is my favorite. The atmosphere, characters, and music are all outstanding. Plus, it has a nice battle system to boot. :kakapo:

nectarsis
01-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Final Fantasy 1...still a blast to play, and nostalgia abounds. It started a lifelong love of the series, and SE in general. :)

Karifean
01-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Final Fantasy VII

It's the first I've played,
it fills me with nostalgia
whenever I play.

profskett
01-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Final Fantasy IX, because it is a general feel-good game; the plot reminds me that life is filled with hope, even in dark and difficult times.

Caviarmy
01-25-2012, 06:36 PM
A Real Love Story
In Final Fantasy VIII.
Left Its Mark On Me

Looking forward to XIII-2. From what I've listened to, Masashi Hamauzu's making a strong followup to all the hard work be put into FFXIII. Can't wait.

nirojan
01-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Final Fantasy VII, because it was the first game my dad bought me as a child and it's the entry that made me fall in love with FF series.

loki_ragnarok
01-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Final fantasy 4, more with the after years setting. First game i played and just added so many different scenarios. Not to mention its main theme always brings a tear upon my eyes, its touching

Benvx
01-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Final fantasy III (Nes) because I found it the most interesting and alot of fun when I first played it :)

Reaca
01-25-2012, 08:14 PM
​Final Fantasy IV

Now here is my main reason. The character development. I thought that all of the characters, except for FuSoYa, were well written, each with their own personality. Not to mention it has the best FF soundtrack of all time, IMO.

Shlup
01-25-2012, 09:04 PM
I am impressed by how few of you have a concept of how haiku works.

My entry is invalid but I'm making one anyway:

The girl in all green
Seemed very odd at the time
She's still my hero

Maddias
01-25-2012, 09:05 PM
easy FFIV Advance because it has the Lightbringer and Abel's lance and Kain

SAME GAMES!! (except our platforms are different) it was also known as Final Fantasy II for the SuperNES

Lady Kaileena
01-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I love them all for different reasons but FFVIII will always be my favorite because it was my first Final Fantasy game and the one that made me love the series. I love everything 'bout that game; the story, the characters, the music. And Triple Triad was just sooo much fun <3

skillzboy4
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Final Fantasy X. Filled my imagination when i was a boy. 10 years later I still think about the game from time to time.

team7sasuke
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Final Fantasy X, Because I really like the story and battle system.

taikerou
01-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Final Fantasy XIII because it shows that friendship,bonds and determination can over come fate and because Lightning is my hero she's so strong amazing she does what she thinks is right no matter how much it hurts shes a true hero ^_^

Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/tayler.gallant

Forum Thread

(http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/141336-predictions-for-final-fantasy-13-2?p=3056562#post3056562)http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/141336-predictions-for-final-fantasy-13-2?p=3056562#post3056562

Twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/Taikerou

(http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/141336-predictions-for-final-fantasy-13-2?p=3056562#post3056562)

hyperconduit
01-25-2012, 10:50 PM
I love the numbered entries, but honestly, my favourite Final Fantasy was Final Fantasy Tactics, and it only got better with the remake, War of the Lion. Collectively, between Tactics, Tactics Advance, and War of the Lion.

If I have to pick a numbered entry, probably VII. I really miss Materia.

xbelleh
01-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Final Fantasy IX, because it inspired me to love and play more Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy games always leaves a mark in my heart :)

[クロマ]TheBlackMage
01-25-2012, 11:07 PM
My favourite final fantasy is Final Fantasy IX because even though it was first considered a spin-off by many fans because of the chibi-ness, the characters just made you fall in love with the game. Perfecto combination of characters, perfect sceneries, perfect music, surely the best Final Fantasy!

Kiyenna
01-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Not even going to try a haiku. lol

Final Fantasy XI is my favorite. It's where I met my dearest boyfriend of 6 years and made lots of amazing friends. :) Those wonderful people changed my life.

Hollycat
01-26-2012, 12:44 AM
In the last 24 hours we have gone from having a 1 in 20 chance to a 1 in a hundred chance. Well played EoFF, well Played.

Del Murder
01-26-2012, 12:49 AM
We are currently working on measures to give people additional entries into the giveaway to increase those chances. Stay tuned.

rubah
01-26-2012, 01:43 AM
Thank god I'm not staff anymore.

My favorite Final Fantasy is FFVIII. I love the setting and atmosphere of the game. It fit in perfectly with my life the first time I played it, and now I have great nostalgia for it.

LunaRaven
01-26-2012, 01:46 AM
Final Fantasy

twelve inspires reverie-

This nerd’s admiration!

chigen
01-26-2012, 01:55 AM
I do have a question though - um, regions? Is this also taken into account, or only open to US members (if so, a clarification in the first post would be helpful). As an Aussie, this happens from time to time, so I'd just like the check.

Regardless, my entry: My favourite Final Fantasy game was FF10, because of the emotion-provoking storyline and music, as well as the fact it was the first game I had the opportunity to play in its entirety.

Thank you for the giveaway :D!

ChaosPaladinFayt
01-26-2012, 02:23 AM
FF7 is the best because Tifa is in it!!!! <33 ^^

Aydin
01-26-2012, 03:11 AM
FFIX because Vivi is a beast! In all seriousness, I loved the charm of the game and how it was really cartoonish while still having that charm PSX games had.

november1229
01-26-2012, 03:19 AM
Final Fantasy VI. Heartbreak, identity crisis and opera.

luedog9000
01-26-2012, 03:51 AM
my favorite final fantasy game is final fantasy VI because it pulled you into the game and in the end you can kill kefka

DMKA
01-26-2012, 04:12 AM
Final Fantasy VII

I loved the story, the materia system, and the tons upon tons of sidequests and minigames and optional bosses. Oh and I liked the cast of characters and that it had a huge sword. Also, some of the FMVs were so freakin' sweet for the time! :love:

Mogi
01-26-2012, 05:07 AM
FFXII because of the characters and battle system. I loved the scale of the game, and the pacing didn't bother me at all.

Lionx
01-26-2012, 05:32 AM
Funny but FFXI would be in the end the best, and the one i have to play if i was to relive my life again. I was able to find many good friends there, and share some really good times, and it led to me going to sites (although unrelated to FFXI itself) to find my bf..:) So FFXI for me!

Big D
01-26-2012, 05:39 AM
My first Final Fantasy remains my favourite: FFVII.
It was my introduction to big RPGs, and I was captivated from start to end. Sketchy translation aside, I loved the storytelling, characters and genuine sense of exploration and discovery offered by the game's world.

Shirley6331
01-26-2012, 05:47 AM
With all the Final Fantasy games being unique in their own way, and always a challenge as well as great storyline, it is not easy to pick one, but if I was forced to, I would have to choose FFVII because of several reasons. First, it was the first of the Final Fantasy series that was created for PlayStation, as well as the first to be ported for Windows. In addition, it was the first of the series to have 3D characters, not to mention, it was a step-up in technology for the game, with more futuristic settings . To me, it was a cornerstone for bigger and better things to come. So my choice, Final Fantasy VII.

Eiko Guy
01-26-2012, 06:39 AM
FFX voice acting and deep story made this the best. It felt like playing through a really epic movie.

blackmage_nuke
01-26-2012, 06:43 AM
Final Fantasy,
The Sixth is the best of all,
Because I say so.

Jeristo
01-26-2012, 09:27 AM
1st: FFVI - The story is amazing (destruction of the world being only the midpoint of the game), and even with such a large cast of characters, all of them are unique and appealing in their own way. Also, the art for all of it, especially the monsters, is quite impressive considering the console it was on.

2nd: FFVIII - I know, the battle system was terrible and time consuming, but the characters were all intriguing. I'm a big sucker for the love story in that one.

3rd: FFVII - A great combination of plot surprises and amusing characters. I just loved the way the world was steadily revealed as the story progressed.

Honorable mention: FFT - Fascinating story, though the long, drawn out fights (with frequent resets upon failures) cause the plot to be revealed a bit too slowly to be especially dramatic.

Mangusbro
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
FF VIII
simply cause the story is so complex and creates so many mind perplexing theories after the ending, as well as all the characters becoming powerhouses if you know the system well.

squallloire
01-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Best game in series?/
It's Final Fantasy Eight!/
Epic love story./

Sutailja
01-26-2012, 12:35 PM
My favourite is FF8-mostly because of the story which I found interesting but also because I liked the main character a lot. I also liked the gameplay and the gameworld especially Ultimecia's castle. I also liked the love story in the game. It was also the first Final Fantasy game I played.

Salogeo
01-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Definitly Final Fantasy X
It just had the most awesome story and characters i mean come on man it has
Auron no way to beat that

Karlov
01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Final Fantasy X-2, because final fantasy 10 left me hanging-
Love story wise. I love the game; mostly because it was a follow up game, that was entirely different and more entertaining then the previous one.

Deadlyblack
01-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Hard decision but I'll have to go with Final Fantasy X, because it was the first Final Fantasy I played.

Loony BoB
01-26-2012, 01:50 PM
F F V I I
The one thing I didn't like
Got killed on disc one

less
01-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Eighth installment's best
TASTE AND SANITY: SUBLIME
You're crazy; I'm not

darkzirconia
01-26-2012, 03:43 PM
XIII is prolly my fave, but more for loving the way they've reimagined things from the older games an pseudo-cameo form. If I had a second choice it would prolly be X (the only one to make me cry)

triq_22
01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Even though FFIV will always hold a special place in my heart (the first one I really played), but I just love FFVI for the rich story, the different points of view, the large cast and all the Espers. (And you get to play Mog!)

Chrnoka
01-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Final Fantasy IX, simply because its Final Fantasy IX

Jauregui
01-26-2012, 04:37 PM
My favorite Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy XI, even though I truly enjoyed FF 1-13 with all my heart, FFXI will hold its special place in my heart because of all the friends I made during my journey in that amazing world. That game gave me hope in humanity.

sormint
01-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Final Fantasy VI: Honestly I'm probably biased because it was the first one I played through entirely by myself, but loved the music and the characters.

Kalilung
01-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, because it is so freaking awesome.

Dallatar Lyonsbane
01-26-2012, 05:37 PM
My Favorite Game...
To Fight Against the Fal'Cie..
Lightning and Serah.

*note: favorite as fey-ver-it, not feyv-rit*

zeonmx
01-26-2012, 05:43 PM
My favorite Final Fantasy is FFV.

Why? Because of Golbez, the best damn villain of the series.

I Took the Red Pill
01-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Final Fantasy IV because I am a spoony bard

Skydragon
01-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Final Fantasy X because I loved the story and gameplay.

Axem Titanium
01-26-2012, 06:07 PM
There once was an emo named Squall,
Insecurities made him withdraw'l,
His matron's a witch,
Ultimecia's a b****,
Then he played timey-wimey ball (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TimeyWimeyBall).

Oh wait, that's a limerick, not a haiku... oh well! FF8 is the best.

montydon
01-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Final Fantasy VIII, it was the first Final Fantasy game I ever played...and Zell is so awesome, I figuratively live his life!

Thank you ;)

maverick1988
01-26-2012, 08:21 PM
my favorite final fantasy is final fantasy 9
i love amarant coral he's the best, bounty hunters rock and the graphics were beautifully done!
:greenie::greenie::greenie:

*maverick*

Ace14
01-26-2012, 08:35 PM
9 is the greatest
Great story and characters
Nostalgia rocks
:jess:

vorcil
01-26-2012, 08:48 PM
ff7: I got it when i was 9 years old, finished it that same year. I think the game has shaped part of my character and personality as I have learnt so much from that game. Virtues, morals, reading (my reading skills at that age actually increased) and maybe not so much of a good thing for a kid but definitely my imagination.

I am 21 now

bunnytrigger
01-26-2012, 10:35 PM
final fantasy 7 of course.... music and story are the best... characters well developed.

BeachNight
01-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Final Fantasy
The Collector's Edition
Cupcakes are good too

(575)
VIII is just my favorite.

SSnyder329
01-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Final Fantasy VII is my favorite because of the story and materia. I wish materia had been in every subsequent game.

yuna89
01-26-2012, 10:58 PM
FF X-2 because of the dress spheres and the little doses of comedy

Del Murder
01-26-2012, 11:14 PM
CONTEST UPDATE

In addition to replying to this thread stating your favorite Final Fantasy game and why, you will also be able to enter the drawing up to three more times (so four entries total) by doing each of the following:

Promoting this event by linking back to this thread on your Twitter account.
Promoting this event by linking back to this thread on your Facebook Wall.
Creating a unique and relevant topic in any of the Final Fantasy/Square-Enix game forums.

If you elect to do any of the above, please link to it in this thread so we can verify. Otherwise we'd go crazy searching for this stuff. Good luck!

gamegurl2736
01-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Final Fantasy VII because Cloud's in it <3

xXLusts of a DemonXx
01-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Final Fantasy Seven was the best one overall to me because the characters draw you in and the materia system is AWESOME. There are loads of side-quests and the story line makes you happy and sad at some points while it has you laughing at others and the characters aren't clichéd.

Silace
01-27-2012, 01:16 AM
FinalFantasy 8

Time repeats, mocking,
friendship forged and twisted love
giving no closure.

CaliTues
01-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Yuna and Tidus,
Zanarkand Abes, best Final
Fantasy Square made.

It was the first one I played. And so it'll always be my favorite.

koyappi
01-27-2012, 03:08 AM
Final Fantasy VIII, it was my first Final Fantasy and RPG and I screwed up so many times that I had to start over. I love Squall's personality and having to play it over a few times just made me appreciate the game more and more.

big_daddy_ogre
01-27-2012, 03:29 AM
My absolute favorite Final Fantasy is number IV. It started me off and is one of the only Final Fantasy series that forces you to play the class and is difficult enough you cannot just walk through it; before any one character can be omnipotent and all you have to do is choose a toon for your mob murdering character. And you travel on Earth, beneath Earth's surface and to the Moon!

Goldenboko
01-27-2012, 03:44 AM
Final Fantasy IX is my favorite because of all the references, it being my first, and Quina. :quina:

Now I'll take my probably 1/300 odds to win please. For those counting, that's about a .00333333333333333333 (repeating) chance. Hurrah! :)

EDIT: seeing the amount of people who made accounts to enter, this was a fantastic idea. Kudos.

NorthernChaosGod
01-27-2012, 04:47 AM
I don't know how to link to a status update unless there's been a comment. So here's my FB link.

https://www.facebook.com/JulianRivera

fds
01-27-2012, 06:19 AM
FFVI because I actually cared when a character died. (Cid)

Obawan
01-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Final Fantasy VIII because the cinematics were very well done.

krissy
01-27-2012, 07:52 AM
twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/daedalouse/status/162803540291624960

forum thread

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-square-enix/141269-ivalice.html#post3054971

i ain't posting this on facebook hahahaha

Raistlin
01-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/wesdmoore)
Twitter that I never use (https://twitter.com/#!/wesdmoore/status/162967040565575680)
FF forums thread (forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-tactics/141273-standard-jobs.html)

Hollycat
01-27-2012, 07:05 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-ii/141274-hate.html#post3055100
(http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-ii/141274-hate.html#post3055100) deleted my facebook

Benvx
01-27-2012, 08:46 PM
I shared this on my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bennr1

I also shared it on my twitter:https://twitter.com/#!/Benvx/status/162999723911954432

I dont know if I was suppost to edit this into my first post or not but here it is

Mahad
01-27-2012, 09:05 PM
The war of the lions (we can any ff, right?)

It has a darker, more mature feel to it that is different than normal FFs, which makes a more unique experience within the franchise.

edczxcvbnm
01-27-2012, 10:12 PM
FFVII is my favorite game because it is such a damn mess that it makes it fun. A terrible localization gave rise to endless debates about what was actually going on plus some totally awesome translation mishaps such as the Noles Pole!

In addition to that the game had such a great idea for a battle system but it was too awesome to contain. The game ended up lending itself to all sorts of materia combination abuses that eventually nothing could stand in your way. Combine this with the fact that the game was pretty easy and it gave you time to experiment and have fun without the specter of death looming overhead.

Also, the mini games. Never has a FF game before or since crammed so much stupid crap into the game and let you play them as mini games. Chocobo racing, the emotional whiplash that is kick ass snowboarding after Aeris death, Submarine mayhem, Bike racing...protection...The "SWING A BIG smurfING SWORD ON A MOTORCYCLE!" game and many other small things.

The characters were insane, the world made no real sense and it was overall just some good game fun because it didn't take itself so damn seriously every second of the way...thus your characters were a vampire, A giant stuffed moggle with a cat riding its back, Mr. T and a grizzled old bastard.

With all of this awesomeness no wonder FFVII has stood the test of time. Remake this tit as is because to alter any of it would deprive the mistake that turned to gold.

MrsBennington
01-27-2012, 10:47 PM
My twitter promo:
https://twitter.com/#!/Tigerdeadflower/status/163029251912777728

ScruffyThe1
01-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Final Fantasy X is definitely my favorite.

Amazing environments, music, and the story was really compelling. Also, the battle system was really fun.

Twitter Promotion: https://twitter.com/#!/i_Scruffy/status/163304029290639360

Depression Moon
01-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Never noticed this thread. Well my favorite Final Fantasy is IX because it holds the most compelling story of love, lost, and hope. FFIX also has the best soundtrack out of the series and its world feels the like the largest and most thriving of them all.

Freya
01-29-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm a little too paranoid to link this place to people I actually know on facebook. I mean you guys are freaks. Would it count for g+ instead?

NorthernChaosGod
01-29-2012, 06:16 AM
I'm sure the point is for exposure, so since no one actually uses G+, I would suspect not.

The Last Ancient
01-29-2012, 02:45 PM
My favorite Final Fantasy is 7. It was my introduction to the wonderful world of rpgs. My first exploration of Midgar and the wonderful music and characters were truly enchanting for twelve-year-old me. The end of disc one was genuinely devastating. I enjoyed every minute of that game (even the lame parts). I've never quite had another video game experience like my first time with FF7.

Del Murder
01-29-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm a little too paranoid to link this place to people I actually know on facebook. I mean you guys are freaks. Would it count for g+ instead?
I don't even know what that is. Sorry.

Endless
01-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Final Fantasy VI.
Why is it the best? It's like asking why water is wet: it just is.

Also Twitter link: https://twitter.com/#!/Epithumia/status/163678301343326209
And Facebook: Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=177764275663336&id=523900348) but only BoB might be able to view it since my wall isn't public.

eric_g_08
01-29-2012, 06:06 PM
FF IX - I've literally beaten this game 20 times. It was my very first Final fantasy to ever play.

FF IX is an amazing love story and had a huge impact on my everyday life. The music, the characters, the story, all very memorable. I love it!

Linked to my twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Eric_Marshall08

Linked to my facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=505543384

McLovin'
01-30-2012, 05:01 AM
FF12:

My twin hates my guts
You all think I killed the King
My life sucks so much

Poor Basch fon Ronsenburg of Dalmasca.

Freya
01-30-2012, 05:42 AM
It's Google+ Del! get with the times!

Aerith's Knight
01-30-2012, 09:32 PM
I think by going through this thread you can effectively root out any and all second accounts that have now or ever existed since the rise of "Loony bob penetrated me".

NorthernChaosGod
01-30-2012, 11:08 PM
I don't know how to link to a status update unless there's been a comment. So here's my FB link.

https://www.facebook.com/JulianRivera

And now I posted this one twitter.
https://twitter.com/#!/Pan1cAttack

yuna89
01-31-2012, 12:24 AM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1643805962
f (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1643805962)acebook link its the third post

IlikeFF7
01-31-2012, 01:44 AM
I like Final Fantasy Seven because of it's disc 1 ending. I didn't expect that even.:)

white_mage666
01-31-2012, 04:12 AM
Final Fantasy I. I got it for Christmas when I was little and it was the first one I ever played. My daughter is going to grow up with it. She is, I'm making her.

bahamut1118
01-31-2012, 06:34 AM
I would have to say US 2 and 8. It's the first of chochobos and the first time you can summon bahamut in 2. In 8 though I almost lost it when Seifer slashed Odin in half. I discovered how attached I was to some of he game. I loved all of them and I just got back home to play 13-2. I have it now, but cannot play until morning. would still like to win teh other one though.

hestar
01-31-2012, 08:53 AM
I love 10 the most
The Ending always makes me Cry
Tidus will come back!

I found you guys from a RT <s>@</s>SQEX_Members_NA (https://twitter.com/#!/SQEX_Members_NA) did.I did a Custom RT aswell here.Ty for the chance to win this amazing prize! :)

https://twitter.com/#!/Hestar69/status/164150771502432257

Mike02x
01-31-2012, 07:42 PM
So far FFVII.

The story is one of the best stories, also the impact it had in me as well.
The gameplay is great as well as the system and the open world navigation.
The playability of the game itself.
Even know the game is old and it was almost pixelated I still enjoy it with my PS3 or PSP.
It's one of the games that I could pass over and over again, because of "X" part that I don't want to add so I won't spoil anyone. :D

bipple305
01-31-2012, 07:59 PM
I really liked FF7 because EVERYTHING!

Taquadris
02-01-2012, 06:13 AM
I know its been a WHILE since I have posted, but I want to tell everyone why my favorite Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy X.

My favorite Final Fantasy game is X because of Tidus. It starts out as him being a super star, hero blitzball player. He's weakminded and not very sure of himself in any situation, but he is forced into a life or death situation many times throughout the game because of his father. His optimistic attitude is what gets him and his friends through many situations and also protects and makes it so Yuna has the conifdence to continue through her pilgrimage. He grows stronger and stronger with each fight, each hardship, even each new friend he makes makes him a better man. Late into the game he finds out that Yuna will "die" at the end of her journey, which drives him to find an answer to stop her and the summoners after her from meeting this fate. He does whatever it takes to make her happy, whatever it takes to save her (He even fights and defeats Yunalesca to do so).

Now, I'm not going to spoil the whole game for everyone, but this story and the characters really meant a lot for me when I was playing this game. I was able to connect with Tidus so much throughout the game as he grew. He started out weak, as mentioned before, but grew into a confident and meaningful man of the story (even though it was his story :P). Its just one of the best games I have ever played and meant a lot to me playing through it when I was younger.

Del Murder
02-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Only a couple more days to get your name in the drawing!

For those of you who already bought the game upon release, don't worry. If you win, we'll figure out an alternative prize for you!

Hollycat
02-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Oh, I thought this was over today. I wwas actually about to ask who won. What day does it actually end?

Carl the Llama
02-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Oh, I thought this was over today. I wwas actually about to ask who won. What day does it actually end?

I am willing to bet it will end on the european release date (incase someone from Europe wins).

I find it funny how all the lurkers come out of the woodwork for a chance of a free prize (or an early April fools joke?).

lolz

Del Murder
02-02-2012, 12:17 AM
February 3rd.

CimminyCricket
02-02-2012, 03:16 AM
My favourite game is Final Fantasy Tactics, but that's only because I love games with "tactics" in them. Makes me feel like if I transfered my skill at these games over to chess I could beat a super computer.

BrettusD
02-02-2012, 05:30 AM
Final Fantasy VI. Fourteen amazing characters, 2 world maps, the ability for everybody to learn every spell, and an amazing story are just a few of the features that make the game great. Plus, Street Fighter style commands to use Sabin's Blitz!

BobDaNob
02-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics is my #1.

Complexity, fantastic storyline, maturity and it was challenging. Add into that the ending, gameplay and unbelievable music and you're left with nothing short of a masterpiece.

And remember when it came out directly behind FFVII? Oh man, it was a good time to be a Final Fantasy fan.

xbelleh
02-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Here's my Twitter link :D https://twitter.com/#!/xbelleh/status/165334348575420416

crazybayman
02-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Tough to say. Given how much I've played it compared to the rest, I'd have to say FFX. The battle system is my favorite because its turn based, while being able to switch team members in and out! Loved the story, and characters. As well, it boasts the best minigame (IMO) in blitzball. Though blitzball has its issues, it by far trumps FF8 Triple Triad, FF7 Chocobo Racing, etc IMO.

As well, I love the sphere grid leveling system.

Del Murder
02-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Today is the last day to get those entries in! We will probably hold the drawing tomorrow, live in #eoff chat.

Del Murder
02-04-2012, 05:29 PM
The contest is now closed. Join us in #eoff chat for the live announcement of the winner at 10AM PST (30 minutes from now).

Del Murder
02-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Congratulations to DMKA as our big winner!

Freya
02-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Congrats!

krissy
02-04-2012, 09:48 PM
his love for 13 gained him a reward
amen
good work everyone
shiva bless us all

NorthernChaosGod
02-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Congratulations! :monster:

Del Murder
02-05-2012, 04:59 AM
amen
good work everyone
shiva bless us all
Yeah, I was honestly expecting one of the random returning members to win (since there were so many of them), but to see someone who has actually been posting about FFXIII-2 here is pretty cool!

Carl the Llama
02-05-2012, 05:12 AM
amen
good work everyone
shiva bless us all
Yeah, I was honestly expecting one of the random returning members to win (since there were so many of them), but to see someone who has actually been posting about FFXIII-2 here is pretty cool!

Couldn't agree more, am pleased it wasn't some random person who never speaks, grats DMKA hope you enjoy!

DMKA
02-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Thanks everyone. And thank you EoFF! You're awesome!:love:

G13
02-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Awesome! Congrats, DMKA!

Mirage
02-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Now let's see how many of our dear newbies will actually stay.

Old Manus
02-06-2012, 02:35 PM
>Hundreds of 1-post accounts enter, making for a highly likely anticlimax
>Squeenix falling over themselves to resurrect their shark-jumping series with good publicity
>DMKA the only non-staff member to actually like FFXIII/XIII-2
>DMKA therefore the winner of most benefit to EoFF and Squeenix

*tin foil hat*

Jiro
02-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Old Manus thinks paranoid people are following him.

Shlup
02-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Yeah, I think we were all worried that one of the people who couldn't even be arsed to pick an avatar would win.

I posted my ten favorite haiku (along with Renmiri and krissy's fabulous poems) to the frontsite! (http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php/1785-FFXIII2-CE-Giveaway-Results-and-Highlights)

Del Murder
02-08-2012, 04:00 AM
:up: If I ever get around to it, I compiled everyone's favorite FF and I'll make a chart on it.

Endless
02-08-2012, 09:37 PM
I am deeply hurt by those calling us old geezers "random returning members" or "random person who never speaks".

For that, I shall QQ.

*QQs*

Shlup
02-09-2012, 12:01 AM
I don't know what that means, but you could just post more.

Tigmafuzz
02-09-2012, 05:36 AM
I thought QQ was the quick exit for Warcraft II? You could hold Alt and press Q twice to immediately exit the game and the program. Or was it meant to look like crying eyes? Or was it "quality quickie" to remedy those eyes?
Either way, now that the contest is over, congratulations to DMKA! And now another haiku for no reason:

I see you drivin'
'Round town with the girl I love
and I'm like "haiku"

NorthernChaosGod
02-09-2012, 06:02 AM
I thought QQ was the quick exit for Warcraft II? You could hold Alt and press Q twice to immediately exit the game and the program. Or was it meant to look like crying eyes? Or was it "quality quickie" to remedy those eyes?
Maybe it's both the quick exit AND crying eyes. Anyone who would quick exit must be getting stomped and be a crybaby. :p