PDA

View Full Version : WoW Nostalgia Thread for Us Non-WotLK/Cata Babies

Pike
01-24-2012, 04:39 AM
eE5oaOOwInE

That feel when mounts at 40 and 60.

That feel when people summoned the giants in Alterac Valley.

That feel when getting attuned for Molten Core or Karazhan or Heroics.

That feel when you got your first epic.

That feel when you went through the Dark Portal for the first time.

That feel when you went to Stormwind for the first time and the music swelled as you walked through the gate.

That feel when you flew over Burning Steppes/Searing Gorge and you wondered when those giant spiders and monsters down there would ever not be level ?? to you.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/internet/weallknowthatfeel.png

Let's discuss these feels and more, EoFF.

Madame Adequate
01-24-2012, 04:42 AM
That feel when you can't find Mankrik's wife.

That feel when you're wandering around some less-commonly traveled lands, like leveling in Desolace or Stonetalon Mountains or something.

That feel when you dream about WoW and there's a new vendor in Teldrassil called Abronie. :lol:

That feel when you know a thread full of feels will make you resub.

VeloZer0
01-24-2012, 05:39 AM
The feeling of how awesome world PvP was before Battlegrounds reduced it to simple ganking.

The feeling of not knowing something and not having the information readily available at your fingertips.

The feeling of running instances where every encounter was chaos and you had to constantly improvise instead of having everything run like clockwork. Back when tanks simply didn't have the abilities available to tank a large number of targets and had to pick/juggle agro.

The feeling of spending an entire night having fun in a way that didn't improve your character

Renmiri
01-24-2012, 06:21 AM
That feel when you get 24 retards on lfr pug and wipe non-stop...

Pike
01-24-2012, 02:55 PM
That feel when you get 24 retards on lfr pug and wipe non-stop...

Hey now, this thread is about WoW before there were 25-man raids! (Or at least back when sane people certainly didn't pug them!) :p

That feel when you actually had to know what you were doing to chain-trap as crowd control as a hunter.

That feel when running around and taming and releasing pets in order to teach yours new skills.

Skyblade
01-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Unfortunately, not a lot of nostalgia left here for me. There's no need for it. If I missed it and loved it about WoW, it's in SWTOR. :D

And for all of WoW's good nostalgia, it had a ton of bad memories too. So I say, let it rest in peace.

Pike
01-24-2012, 05:29 PM
It does have bad memories. But this thread is for Good Nostalgia Feels.

So ya'll best start posting some more Vanilla/BC feels.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/internet/bigcolbert.gif

Madame Adequate
01-24-2012, 05:30 PM
That feel when you're derping around in Wetlands at level 31 or something and suddenly out of nowhere at all you get your first world dropped blue.

Pike
01-24-2012, 06:25 PM
That feel when you rolled a night elf and have to walk through Wetlands at level five to get to Ironforge

Freya
01-24-2012, 06:43 PM
That feeling when you were just trallalalaing in leveling at Southshore and BAM out of no where an entire horde army comes to wipe you out from tarren mill. Ahh the good old days of world PvP.

Making demon slaying potions for your Hunter best friend as you all crowd around seemingly eating popcorn as they try to defeat their demons for that wickedly awesome bow.

Having Drunken MC runs because you had that shit on farm before most guilds knew what vent was.

Attempting Naxx when it first came around. Shit was hard. We didn't get anywhere.

Oh when they were going to release WoTLK and the zombie infection. And you were helping some lowbies with Kara but you thought it was hilarious to get infected and run down there and explode on all the horde and alliance waiting outside. Heh :smug:

Flying before everyone else cause you were a badass drood.

Hangin around Arch Douche Staghelm just because he said funny things about Tyrande. I knew he was collecting that morrowgrain for something nefarious!

VeloZer0
01-24-2012, 07:15 PM
Hey now, this thread is about WoW before there were 25-man raids! (Or at least back when sane people certainly didn't pug them!) :p
I remember when people used to zerg stuff like UBRS with 25 people. Back when you could bring 40 people into any instance in the game.

- The feel of being part of a massive guild with multiple 40 man raiding teams.

- The feeling of having a blue being something to be proud of

- The feeling of finally getting a mount and being able to outrun people trying to kill you

escobert
01-25-2012, 01:10 AM
that feeling of getting sick of finding ten of this and ten of that or run here and wait while the boss respawns. :p

theundeadhero
01-25-2012, 02:48 AM
That feel of having to build a reputation with the actual players on your server because there was no q'ing for dungeons and 14 other warriors were also waiting outside to go to Stratholme.

Rostum
01-25-2012, 10:16 AM
I guess just that awe filled experience when I first logged on during open beta and at release was pretty great. Then it was just the friends I met along the way. I did play towards the start of last year when Cataclysm came out, and again it was all the friends I met that really made the game.

I think the social aspect of an MMO really does it for me, and leaves me with that nostalgic feeling.

Skyblade
01-26-2012, 08:38 AM
When you had Windsor walk into Stormwind during a Horde attack on Anduin, only to watch their delight turn to horror as Onyxia spawned in the middle of their raid and the entire place suddenly became a slaughterfest.

One of the few truly awesome memories I have left of WoW.

Freya
01-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Heh oh yeah summoning an Infernal in the middle of stormwind to watch it kill people hehehehe

Ashi
01-26-2012, 02:13 PM
This thread makes me wish I played WoW before WotLK. Only started 2-3 years ago (or sometime after WotLK to be exact), therefore I'm not eligible for this thread :p

Pike
01-26-2012, 02:18 PM
You missed out, my friend, but on the other hand at least you didn't start in Cata! :jess:

Peegee
01-26-2012, 03:52 PM
I was pretty infamous in my server. Soloing (and wiping repeatedly) 40 man horde teams before they went to farm Molten Core or BWL, holding the server record for the most dishonorable kills, inventing a 'PG pull' which somehow ended up being known on the horde side...

One time I switched factions and was inundated with tells from raiders. <3

I miss wow but it's such a bad game.

Freya
01-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Oh yeah, watching PG die repeatedly in Kara because he stacked Health and that's it. LOL

I Took the Red Pill
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
that fell when you discover the minus 1 world and mario is trapped in the water for eternity

VeloZer0
01-26-2012, 08:03 PM
The feel when you fall through the earth and have 30 seconds to contemplate what the heck you are going to do before the game decides to put you out of your mercy.

The feeling of being able to cliff jump and get into cool unfinished areas.

The feeling of having something cool drop for you that you didn't know existed/explicitly go into the instance after

Pike
01-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Speaking of Kara can we all agree that it was the best raid?

Dat lore

Dat aesthetic

Dat music

Dat everything

VeloZer0
01-26-2012, 10:14 PM
AQ40 being the only raid I ever legitimately worked through with a guild leaves it with a special place in my heart. (As opposed to all the other ones I just jumped into with friends guilds when they already had it on farm)