PDA

View Full Version : One time I met a celebrity and they pimp slapped me

Shiny
01-25-2012, 02:11 AM
This isn't just a "I met X celebrity" thread. It's an opportunity for you to discuss any experiences you've had with any famous person (B list celebrities count too). Were they nice? Were they mean? Did they pimp slap you?

krissy
01-25-2012, 02:13 AM
this one time i walked past LIGHTS on some stairs and i kind of froze up and just stared at her as she walked by. her entourage gave me an evil look though, like 'don't you look at her, plebe'.

Pike
01-25-2012, 03:31 AM
Somewhere I've got a picture of eight-year-old-me with George Takei.

I've also seen Dennis Quaid at Costco and Margot Kidder at Target. In fact, that was back when I worked at Target and she went through my line.

I regret to report, though, that I have never been pimp-slapped by a celebrity.

Bunny
01-25-2012, 04:45 AM
When I was in LA, a few of my friends and I went to a comedy club that Bill Burr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Burr) randomly showed up to. The girlfriend of one of my friends was on her phone almost the entire time and Burr called her out on it. She told him that she was selling a car and he said "okay" and continued on with his set. Then she kept typing away and folding napkins so he started freaking out and getting angry. She was foreign and didn't really understand all that he was saying so my friend started translating for her. Burr freaked out at him and then he adopted a Russian accent and started saying things in Russian to Burr. Burr said "Oh fuck. Now I'm the asshole making fun of foreigners" and then finished his set.

Afterwards we talked to him and he was pretty cool. Gave the girl a hug and a shirt, my friend and I got a handshake and then he left.

That is my only celebrity story.

Freya
01-25-2012, 05:09 AM
I met Trevor Moore from whitest kids you know? He gave me a hug, got a picture with me and then complained about how one of the guys wouldn't shut up about not being able to raid on WoW.

Also, briefly Felica Day but it was at blizzcon and she was very distracted. So that wasn't that cool. I can't blame her though, she's like nerd goddess. And I was not a horny nerd boy so I guess I wasn't pushy enough.

Tigmafuzz
01-25-2012, 05:30 AM
I met Louie C.K. at a Pizza Hut here in San Antonio. We talked for a bit, had a few laughs. That was about it.
I met John Travolta on chatroulette once, too. He was trolling people to gauge their reactions. He annoyed me.

G13
01-25-2012, 06:07 AM
this one time i walked past LIGHTS on some stairs and i kind of froze up and just stared at her as she walked by. her entourage gave me an evil look though, like 'don't you look at her, plebe'.

:eek: WAS GOOD FOR YOU!? I'm pretty smurfin' jealous right now.

I gave Warren Moon a high five once. I also sat about three rows away from the wonderful Anthony Daniels during Star Wars in concert.

Does anyone remember that dude Gordon from Sesame Street? Met the crap out of that guy.

krissy
01-25-2012, 06:20 AM
she's so short in real life, i had to do a double take
then i like squealed to some people nearby and asked if they saw her and they looked at me like im crazy

NorthernChaosGod
01-25-2012, 06:52 AM
I met Maddox at his book signing and I was one of the few people he didn't make fun of because he liked my Pantera shirt. And then he remembered me when I went to Comic-Con the following year.

I've met a number of celebrities, but none of them really come with any interesting stories.

Iceglow
01-25-2012, 10:06 AM
I sank a few drinks with Lost Prophets once after a gig of theirs. That was pretty cool they paid for my cab home too since I was stranded by my friends who didn't get in to the green room of the venue. Even better I hadn't even been to their gig that night but there was a club in the same building as the venue and I got lost!

I also flirted a little with Annie Lennox after squeezing past her in a door frame to put an important note on my bosses desk before I left work for the day. I didn't realize she was using my managers office to prep for her PA and to get ready to leave, I squeezed past her and then kinda semi realized by the look of angry HMV head office pr people who it was and was like "Sorry, Annie I genuinely didn't realize it was you there then!" she laughed it off saying it's not every day she gets squeezed in to a door frame with young men. I responded with a pun about the company slogan of "get closer" and made her laugh. I got a hug from Annie for that the relief on the faces of the HMV head office people was visible.

Shlup
01-25-2012, 10:38 AM
I usually stay away from celebrities when I see them, which isn't often, but growing up in California it happens from time to time. Pauly Shore is very nice; he gave me a hug. So is Craig Robinson. James Caan always seemed nice to me but I only knew him in relation to his mother, who I adored growing up (she was friends with my Nana; they lived in the same building).

Bubba
01-25-2012, 10:55 AM

I don't get it. I've walked past lights on stairs thousands of times and never froze up... I've never noticed them having any entourage either.

I remember being slightly intimidated by the red lights in that bondage night club I visited once... but that's it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, celebrity story. My biggest thrill was serving Paul Scholes many years ago when I used to work at Macdonalds. He ordered a quarter-pounder with cheese meal which I'm pretty sure was not approved by his club's medical staff...

For those of you following the 'American Rugby' NFL threads, Paul Scholes plays real football for Manchester United... and is a legend.

Hollycat
01-25-2012, 02:17 PM
I met that one guy who is famous for singing and stuff, I can't remember his name, but he's a black guy who sounds like a white guy when he sings.

I also went to school with the girl who plays the blonde girl in suite life on deck.

Other than that, I got nothing. I'm related to a few famous people including chuck norris if that counts

edit: felt I should clarify this. The relation is like 14th cousins or something, there is probably a member or 2 here closer related to him.

However I am a direct decendant of Robert E Lee

Jessweeee♪
01-25-2012, 02:53 PM
We almost got high with the guy that voices John Redcorn from King of the Hill.

Quindiana Jones
01-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Had some drinks with the Subways after a gig of theirs. Cool people. Bassist is, unf, hot. Met ex-poet laureate Andrew Motion too; he said I had a cool name.

Also, a few months ago I had an affair with a football player, but I'm not allowed to talk about that now.

Shiny
01-25-2012, 08:01 PM
I met Louie C.K. at a Pizza Hut here in San Antonio. We talked for a bit, had a few laughs. That was about it.
I met John Travolta on chatroulette once, too. He was trolling people to gauge their reactions. He annoyed me.
I'm so jelly right now. Details! What did he talk about? And wtf...friggin' scientologist Travolta.

I've seen alot of celebrities in person, but only actually met a few. Among the gems were Beyonce and Mark Wahlberg. You would think that they're both assholes, but they're so friggin' sweet (and short), so I felt comfortable. Beyonce was barefoot and eating a chicken wing. George Romero I talked to too, but very briefly. My friend did most of the talking to him -- asking him about how he can work on his films. He said he would have to be a citizen of Canada. :(

The asshole was the makeup guy for Romero's films, Tom Savini. I don't feel like going into that story.

Peegee
01-25-2012, 08:09 PM
*Jhonen Vasquez signs my copy of JTHM
PG: so, is this lick safe?
Jhonen: wait what?
PG: can I lick this? n______n
Jhonen: uh.....i guess?
PG: whee!!! *dance*
Jhonen: watch out for those chains [ed note: I was wrapped in chains in a trench coat - ugh young pg you so silly]
PG: nah I can handle it *skips away and does a heel click* [I had chains holding my ankles together]
Jhonen: now you're just showing off

And that's how I freaked out a so-called edgy comic artist.
Or maybe I got him to second guess the type of persons he was attracting.

Quindiana Jones
01-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Oh shit, I just remembered that I met Jermaine Clement outside the Manchester Arndale! He walked past, I didn't recognise him, my friend jizzed her pants and demanded I go and ask him for a photograph. I asked him if he was Jermaine Jackson, to which he replied (somewhat annoyed) "Yep." I then took a photo of him and my friend and as we walked away I said "Oh bollocks. I just called Jermaine Clement Jermaine Jackson. It was nice of him not to punch me in the face."

The conclusion is that Jermaine Clement has infinite patience.

Old Manus
01-25-2012, 09:48 PM
I went to school with Katherine Jenkins.

The only other pseudo-celebrity I met was at a posh christmas do last month where spent a fair portion of the night sitting next to and talking bollocks to this suave-looking bloke whom I'd never met. It was only last week that I realised I had been partying with the director of Black Mirror and a number of Doctor Who, Sherlock and Torchwood episodes.

Peegee
01-25-2012, 10:11 PM
If you watch the behind-the-scenes crap from X-Men (1) you'll see a scene involving Jubilee, except it's not the same Jubilee from the sequels.

That Jubilee went to my high school and was in my brother's grade 8 / elementary class.

*I* never talked to her (she *was* too young) but my brother said she's stuck up xD

Iceglow
01-25-2012, 10:30 PM
I forgot the Lemar incident. Ok about 6 months to a year after Lemar was making his name on BBC's equivalent of X-Factor, I was drunk as fuck with some friends in Cockfosters. (yes, that is really a place name) Anyhow to continue, I went in to this chinese place there for food because drunk Steve needed food! There's this handsome black gentleman in there with this pretty girl on his arm and he's waiting on an order. The woman working the counter in the chinese take away was like "Oh do you not recognize this guy?" to me evidently she was completely gushing probably both out of her mouth and between her legs. I looked at Lemar and was like "No...should I?" to which he looked at me a little bemused like 'what rock has this dude been hiding under?' kind of expression. The Chinese lady was all like "It's Lemar! Don't you see?" I'm like "Lemar? Like the guy from whatever crap karaoke contest on tv it was?" He burst out laughing and was like "Yes" nodding his head. I paused for a moment and was like "You know my sister loves your music, she'd kill me for not getting your autograph..." I pause slightly as he picks up a pen and a piece of paper to go to write it "But then, she's a bitch and I think you're shit so I'm outta here" took my food and left him standing there speechless as I walked out the store yelling to my equally drunk as fuck friends "Hey you'll never guess which twat is in there!" Lemar had pretty good patience to not kick my arse right there and then.

Peegee
01-25-2012, 10:50 PM
I forgot the Lemar incident. Ok about 6 months to a year after Lemar was making his name on BBC's equivalent of X-Factor, I was drunk as smurf with some friends in Cockfosters. (yes, that is really a place name) Anyhow to continue, I went in to this chinese place there for food because drunk Steve needed food! There's this handsome black gentleman in there with this pretty girl on his arm and he's waiting on an order. The woman working the counter in the chinese take away was like "Oh do you not recognize this guy?" to me evidently she was completely gushing probably both out of her mouth and between her legs. I looked at Lemar and was like "No...should I?" to which he looked at me a little bemused like 'what rock has this dude been hiding under?' kind of expression. The Chinese lady was all like "It's Lemar! Don't you see?" I'm like "Lemar? Like the guy from whatever crap karaoke contest on tv it was?" He burst out laughing and was like "Yes" nodding his head. I paused for a moment and was like "You know my sister loves your music, she'd kill me for not getting your autograph..." I pause slightly as he picks up a pen and a piece of paper to go to write it "But then, she's a bitch and I think you're tit so I'm outta here" took my food and left him standing there speechless as I walked out the store yelling to my equally drunk as smurf friends "Hey you'll never guess which twat is in there!" Lemar had pretty good patience to not kick my arse right there and then.

I take back your gentleman card and give it to myself.

Iceglow
01-25-2012, 11:04 PM
I forgot the Lemar incident. Ok about 6 months to a year after Lemar was making his name on BBC's equivalent of X-Factor, I was drunk as smurf with some friends in Cockfosters. (yes, that is really a place name) Anyhow to continue, I went in to this chinese place there for food because drunk Steve needed food! There's this handsome black gentleman in there with this pretty girl on his arm and he's waiting on an order. The woman working the counter in the chinese take away was like "Oh do you not recognize this guy?" to me evidently she was completely gushing probably both out of her mouth and between her legs. I looked at Lemar and was like "No...should I?" to which he looked at me a little bemused like 'what rock has this dude been hiding under?' kind of expression. The Chinese lady was all like "It's Lemar! Don't you see?" I'm like "Lemar? Like the guy from whatever crap karaoke contest on tv it was?" He burst out laughing and was like "Yes" nodding his head. I paused for a moment and was like "You know my sister loves your music, she'd kill me for not getting your autograph..." I pause slightly as he picks up a pen and a piece of paper to go to write it "But then, she's a bitch and I think you're tit so I'm outta here" took my food and left him standing there speechless as I walked out the store yelling to my equally drunk as smurf friends "Hey you'll never guess which twat is in there!" Lemar had pretty good patience to not kick my arse right there and then.

I take back your gentleman card and give it to myself.

This was a good few years back I mean I was a college student still so a long time ago now. I've matured and grown up some however this shit was still funny next day. Less funny when my sister kicked me for the not getting his autograph for her.

Quindiana Jones
01-25-2012, 11:05 PM
I like the "which twat" part best. xD

sharkythesharkdogg
01-25-2012, 11:48 PM
I was at the Galaxy club in Dallas to see a few local bands, and wound up having a beer with Dimebag Darrell. :monster:

He was as normal to talk to as I figured, and was just there to see the local guys. I thought it was cool he'd still come out occasionally to see a show. It was almost like hanging out with an old friend.

NorthernChaosGod
01-26-2012, 12:35 AM
I was at the Galaxy club in Dallas to see a few local bands, and wound up having a beer with Dimebag Darrell. :monster:

He was as normal to talk to as I figured, and was just there to see the local guys. I thought it was cool he'd still come out occasionally to see a show. It was almost like hanging out with an old friend.
I... I just...

I fucking jelly.

Crop
01-26-2012, 01:42 AM
I met Craig Bellamy at Hollywood Bowl in Cardiff Bay once a few years back. (for those of you who don't know he's a Welsh football player).
I was in the arcade with a friend and I was playing a game where you shoot targets with a gun, and they do a little animation when you hit them. I shot one target and water shot out and hit him in the chest (he was playing on the gun next to me). I turned to him, laughed and apologised and he just joked for a minute with me.

I can't remember it well because it was a few years back and I wasn't a big football fan at the time. It was only when my friend pointed out who he was that I realised it was someone famous.

Sephex
01-26-2012, 02:05 AM
Last summer I went to the Chicago Comic Con that wasn't located in Chicago just to meet the Red Letter Media guys. If you know you they are, Mike and Jay came off to me like they do in their "Half in the Bag" show. I kind of felt like I may have looked like a fool in front of Mike, but whatever, they were both really nice to me. A friend of mine was with me who actually worked where Rich (the guy who plays live action Plinkett) worked years ago. They seemed pretty impressed by that, and the stories my friend told him how even back then, he thought Rich was funny in a weird way.

Hollycat
01-26-2012, 03:33 AM
I helped sell a house to george lopez.
I never actually got to meet him, but whatever right, still counts.

EDIT: I felt bad leaving it at that, so I feel I should be honest and say it wasn't the famous George Lopez from tv, it was just a guy named George Lopez.

I got to be in the audience for one of the episodes of the Jeff Dunham show, but I never got to meet him.

Chris
01-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Having Nina Hagen throw bottles at me, is my only real violent encounter with a celebrity.

Freya
01-26-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't know most of these "celebrities" You guys are talking about.

NorthernChaosGod
01-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Go back to your Mass Effect smut.

Freya
01-26-2012, 07:38 PM
YES SIR!

DMKA
01-26-2012, 08:24 PM
I met Ben Savage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Savage) (AKA Cory Matthews from Boy Meets World (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Meets_World)) at a Charity Bowl-a-Thon when I was like 14. He gave me an autograph, he was a pretty cool guy. At the same event, I met Edie McClurg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edie_McClurg), a not so famous actress, but she's famous enough to have her own Wikipedia Entry!

Then back in 2005 when I was going to Whittier College I met Art Alexakis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Alexakis) (the headman of the band Everclear (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_%28band%29)), and he autographed my copy of So Much for the Afterglow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_Much_for_the_Afterglow). I was thrilled...so thrilled that I froze up when it was my turn to talk to him. But hey, I managed to shake his hand. I was a big fan of them back then so it was awesome. :D

Jowy
01-29-2012, 04:21 AM
i was at verizon wireless training with someone that got eliminated from a shot at love with tila tequila