PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Tight!

Pike
01-25-2012, 03:45 AM
How do you sleep? I sleep either on my side or on my stomach. I absolutely cannot sleep on my back for some reason. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY.

Agent Proto
01-25-2012, 03:54 AM
I have recently learned that I sleep most comfortably on my back, in a reclining position. This is because I usually sleep while on dialysis, and I'm usually on a recliner doing so.

krissy
01-25-2012, 03:59 AM
How do you sleep? I sleep either on my side or on my stomach. I absolutely cannot sleep on my back for some reason. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY.

yes me too. i think it's some subconcious thing where i disallow a succubus to use me while i sleep.

NorthernChaosGod
01-25-2012, 04:09 AM
When sleeping for the night, I prefer to sleep on my left side. I can't get the hang of sleeping on my right side for some reason because my arm falls asleep that way. D:

I prefer to sleep on my stomach when I take naps though. :monster:

Bunny
01-25-2012, 04:46 AM
I am the exact same way, Pike. I feel your pain. Let's start a group.

Freya
01-25-2012, 04:58 AM
On my side in a ball, with Oliver my stuffed Otter. And hamtaro....... And a cat.

Tigmafuzz
01-25-2012, 05:13 AM
I can sleep on either side or on my stomach on a flat surface. I'm more comfortable sleeping on the floor than in a bed, but I can't cuddle anyone from the floor. When I'm lying in an actual bed, I can only sleep on my back, or with Sarah snuggled all up in my chest. Otherwise I'm ridiculously uncomfortable.

Pike
01-25-2012, 02:29 PM
I am the exact same way, Pike. I feel your pain. Let's start a group.

We'll have members' jackets!

When sleeping for the night, I prefer to sleep on my left side. I can't get the hang of sleeping on my right side for some reason because my arm falls asleep that way. D:

That started happening to me recently (same side, too) but then I started wearing a wrist brace to bed and it went away. I'm not sure why, but I'm not gonna complain. :kakapo:

Hollycat
01-25-2012, 03:01 PM
I can sleep only on my side

Peegee
01-25-2012, 05:38 PM
like a baby

Quindiana Jones
01-25-2012, 05:50 PM
I sleep hanging upside down, strapped to the ceiling by my ankles, with a Hessian sack over my head.

Ashi
01-25-2012, 07:06 PM
I move a lot in my sleep so there's no specific position, but I think I'm mostly comfortable going to sleep on my side but sometimes I wake up on my back or tummy.

Chris
01-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Pretty much the same for me. For some reason, I get dizzy by even attempting such a feat!

Shiny
01-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Like a boss.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-25-2012, 11:57 PM
I start off on my side, and wind up in the "Wile E. Coyote impact after falling off of a cliff" position by the morning.

I can only sleep on my back if I'm on the couch watching something and I doze off that way.

fire_of_avalon
01-26-2012, 01:17 AM
90% of the time I fall asleep facing the door, no matter where I am. More and more lately I find myself waking up curled in a ball on my bell, arms tucked under my chest and numb. And that sucks.

But yeah, I have a thing about facing the door. Don't know why.

Shlup
01-26-2012, 01:25 AM
I sleep with my arm and leg thrown over a pillow.

Iceglow
01-26-2012, 09:19 AM
I sleep terribly because I have pretty bad insomnia and bad habits to boot.

More often than not I'll fall asleep on my back often with a laptop on my lap or I'll slide the laptop off to my left side where it'll remain on the bed. I also often fall asleep still dressed and so either wake up an hour or so later to get undressed or wake up in the morning still fully clothed, like today. Sometimes I'll roll on to my side but I don't move much or even at all normally in my sleep. I've literally had to sleep on what could be described as a shelf before and never fell off. When I'm sharing my bed with someone then I'll generally fall asleep on my back unless they're insisting on cuddles and don't just snuggle on to me.

Bubba
01-26-2012, 12:36 PM

I'm the same, FOA. I really don't understand it either. But I have a theory.

I think it's because we're both heroes.

We both expect at some point in the night, a seven-foot tall hellbeast with three heads, five mouths and reeking of a tramp's armpit... will burst through the door and and proceed to eat our heads.

We, The Night Warriors, refuse to turn away from this foe and will face our impending doom head on... and will be remembered for all eternity.

...either that or we like to see that bit of light that comes from under the door...

My ideal position is spooning naked with Mila Kunis.

Psychotic
01-26-2012, 05:44 PM
I used to do it purely on my right side, but over the years I've mellowed and have gradually begun being comfortable sleeping on my left too. Plus I need a fuckton of pillows and cushions. Pillows under my head, on my head, at my chest, at my back, between my knees, EVERYWHERE.

Pike
01-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Oh man I've gotten to this point where I have to sleep with a pillow over my head.

Also I need like eight blankets, even in the middle of summer.

escobert
01-26-2012, 11:42 PM
I sleep on my side or stomache, can't do it on my back.

fire_of_avalon
01-27-2012, 02:01 AM

We both expect at some point in the night, a seven-foot tall hellbeast with three heads, five mouths and reeking of a tramp's armpit... will burst through the door and and proceed to eat our heads.

We, The Night Warriors, refuse to turn away from this foe and will face our impending doom head on... and will be remembered for all eternity.

...either that or we like to see that bit of light that comes from under the door...

I would believe that but the other night I had a nightmare about bugs, woke up to look at the time on my phone, fell asleep while looking at my phone, dropped my phone on my arm, freaked out and woke up as it dropped and threw it across the room in fear.

NorthernChaosGod
01-27-2012, 04:39 AM
Some of you lost me. I sleep with two pillows and two blankets.

Bubba
02-10-2012, 09:13 AM

I would believe that but the other night I had a nightmare about bugs, woke up to look at the time on my phone, fell asleep while looking at my phone, dropped my phone on my arm, freaked out and woke up as it dropped and threw it across the room in fear.

Ha! Just noticed this response, FOA. Ah well, maybe my theory is total bollocks then. I'm not keen on bugs myself. I always check under my duvet for them before bed... I'll be sure to check for mobile phones from now on as well...

Tigmafuzz
02-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Also, don't let your bugs get their hands on mobile phones. Once they master wireless communication they'll be impossible to get rid of.

Mirage
02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
On my back or on my side. Very rarely on my stomach, but it's been known to happen.

Cloudane
02-10-2012, 12:25 PM
On my side.

But recently I've found that it's started hurting the side of my backside that I put pressure on :( Must mean I need to lose weight or something

Sephex
02-10-2012, 02:11 PM
I toss and turn constantly till I fall asleep in a random position. Even then I'll move around sometimes!

Jiro
02-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Sometimes I'll be so damn tired that I'll just fall asleep sitting up or something. My favourite way to sleep is upside down in a sitting chair with my feet dangling over the edge. I never oversleep for something important cause the blood flow is cut off and I suddenly wake up without being able to feel my feet.

Shiny
02-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Apparently the way you sleep tells alot about your personality.
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/what-does-your-sleep-position-reveal-about-your-personality-1338293.html

I tend to fall asleep and wake up in the freefall position except my hands are usually underneath the pillow because they get cold. My bf sleeps in the fetal position.

Tigmafuzz
02-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Apparently the way you sleep tells alot about your personality.
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/what-does-your-sleep-position-reveal-about-your-personality-1338293.html

Apparently I'm a soldier. Makes sense seeing as how I've always had a fascination with the military.

Pike
02-11-2012, 03:30 AM
I've got soul but I'm not a soldier.

Agent Proto
02-11-2012, 03:42 AM
Now that my arm is healed from last month's surgery, I've gone back to my original sleeping position, which is the fetus position, according to that

Quindiana Jones
02-11-2012, 06:22 AM
I sleep in a foetus-yearner combo position, which makes me a misanthropic, hate-filled person who just wants to be loved really. It also tells me that I might meet a handsome stranger soon, and that my finances may improve at some point.