PDA

View Full Version : Give Kairi more screen time please!

Jessweeee♪
01-25-2012, 07:24 PM
And less Kairi look-alikes! Though I really like Aqua's character and the story of Xion was a nice one.

This is a thread about Kairi and how we want to see her become a more full character. I think she has potential, but right now she's more of a device than a character.

:(

Hollycat
01-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Yes. I would like to see her possibly even become a playable character

Del Murder
01-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Kairi is a badass. She should get a keyblade. Maybe she can be Aqua's apprentice!

Jiro
01-26-2012, 11:34 PM
She did get a keyblade in the second game, didn't she? I would like to see Kairi become less of a damsel as well. She has had that done, and was decent motivation, but now she should come into her own and take charge a bit. Kairi as the new hero plz.

Roogle
02-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I think making Kairi playable in a Kingdom Hearts game would help people connect with her story more. She was too much of a damsel in distress in the first two games for my liking.

Wolf Kanno
02-26-2012, 05:37 AM
Up until the Door to the Light opened up in the ending to KH2, I honestly was excited by the prospect of the next KH entry being about Kairi setting off on a journey to find Riku and Sora in the World of Darkness. The monologue she gets in the ending really made it sound like that was going to be the next premise in the series. Then the door showed up and ruined the ending...

Mercen-X
02-28-2012, 02:13 AM
Well, if you don't play CoM or Days between 1&2, you're kind of left scratching your head... playing CoM answers why Sora is in a flowery sleep chamber and playing Days explains Roxas... but the timeline is a little finicky... if Sora and Riku are doing some kind of Dream Dance, maybe Kairi really can have a short stint in a game that takes place between the time that Sora and Riku entered the final battle against Xemnas and the moment the Door to Light returned them to Destiny Islands. Sure, it won't be a game in which Kairi's quest saves the duo, but, c'mon, SE is good at nothing if not pulling an acceptable (if not entirely coherent) storyline out of their butts.

Dr. Acula
03-24-2012, 10:47 AM
I certainly agree that Kairi needs more screentime. It kind of feels like the only way I've got to know her character is through her lookalikes, and that seems like such a shame.

Shlup_has_burger_nips
04-01-2012, 05:55 AM
I just want to see more of Kairi if you're picking up what I'm putting down.

SuperMillionaire
05-16-2012, 09:46 PM
I personally would like to see her strike up a friendship with Tifa in KHIII, because she needs more screen time too. Forget about Cloud and Sephiroth; Tifa needs the extra publicity, and a brand new outfit too.

On topic, I think that in the next game, Ultimecia can kidnap her while Sora and Riku are away, and then Tifa can save her and take Kairi under her wing for a while to give her some hand-to-hand combat training, and then have Leon and company deliver her to Yen Sid for Keyblade training.

Hollycat
05-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Why would kairi learn hand to hand

Fynn
05-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Well, apparently Nomura said there's going to be one more game between 3D and III, and considering the secret ending of BBS Final Mix, I guess we might see something along the lines of Kairi rescuing Aqua from the Realm of Darkness. And that would be friggin' awesome.

Hollycat
05-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Yes, it would be. Very much so.

Del Murder
05-20-2012, 02:35 AM
Maybe Tifa is the one to rescue her.

Fynn
05-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Maybe Tifa is the one to rescue her.

I don't think Tifa can cope, though...

Roogle
05-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Well, apparently Nomura said there's going to be one more game between 3D and III, and considering the secret ending of BBS Final Mix, I guess we might see something along the lines of Kairi rescuing Aqua from the Realm of Darkness. And that would be friggin' awesome.

I would really like to see Kairi in a more active role. I think this would be a great start to bringing her character on that path!

Jinx
05-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Ultimecia can kidnap her while Sora and Riku are away, and then Tifa can save her and take Kairi under her wing.Sephiroth is the only known Final Fantasy villain to make a cameo in the KH series (3 times..?), that's probably not going to change unless Squeak begins to contemplate plans of merging the KH and Dissidia timelines... but we've already got TWEWY characters making cameos in 3D and though I've never played that game, I assume it has little to no connection to FF.
If anything, shall we push for a more nostalgic villain to cameo in the series... like Garland, Xande, or Gilgamesh..? Screw Ultimecia... and I'd like to.

I think Kuja would fit right in.

Fynn
05-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Ultimecia can kidnap her while Sora and Riku are away, and then Tifa can save her and take Kairi under her wing.Sephiroth is the only known Final Fantasy villain to make a cameo in the KH series (3 times..?), that's probably not going to change unless Squeak begins to contemplate plans of merging the KH and Dissidia timelines... but we've already got TWEWY characters making cameos in 3D and though I've never played that game, I assume it has little to no connection to FF.
If anything, shall we push for a more nostalgic villain to cameo in the series... like Garland, Xande, or Gilgamesh..? Screw Ultimecia... and I'd like to.

I think Kuja would fit right in.

I find it ironic that your name is Tifa's Boobs now, in the context of this thread...

Anyway, while I think it would be awesome for some of the FF villains to appear, my personal fav (Kefka) would probably have a hard time. Seriously, a destroyer of worlds would either have to face serious Badass Decay in order to not overshadow every other villain, or WOULD just overshadow Xehanort!

And I want my Kairi game. Now. For a console I own.

Fynn
05-29-2012, 11:25 AM
So Xehanort diffuses himself into 13 incarnations a la Voldemort and Sephiroth. But wait, we're not talking about Xehanort.

We could have a Kairi game that focuses on her incarnations. Young Kairi, KH2 Kairi, Namine (her Nobody), Xion (a doll resembling Kairi due to Roxas having Sora's memories), and Aqua (who KIC'd Kairi).

The thing about girls in KH is that just like in Naruto, they're outnumbered two-to-one. So while there may in fact be 13 versions of Sora Valor, Wisdom, Master, Vanitas, AF Sora, Final, Young Sora, Digital Sora, Roxas, Ventus, Lion-Sora?, (hell, even Xion could work here too as Xigbar saw it as Ventus and Xemnas saw it as Sora), ... lol so obviously grasping at straws to reach this number... and Young Riku, Dark Riku, Riku Ansem, Riku Replica, Axel, Terra, Data-Riku, etc. to equal Xehanort's, there aren't as many versions of Kairi.. unless we decided Larxene was somehow a version too. lol

Why Axel? He's got nothing to do with Riku other than having a Keyblade.

Fynn
05-30-2012, 06:45 AM
I don't know somewhere was under the impression Riku had turned into Axel the same way he turned into Ansem. Besides, grasping at straws, ya?

So Xehanort is an anagram for "no heart" and "another" ... and "Rothean", presumably meaning "reddish", but whatever, Xehanort also with the "X" intact could mean "from the northern boundary". The way the Japanese pronounce Xeha as Sheha is probably not just a coincidence or cultural goof. Sheha means "Promise; Seventh; From the boundary" and Nort, of course, means "North." I love a good stretch.

That person probobally missed out on some of the side games and/or Nomura interviews, therefore she was under the assumption that Riku became Axel, based on the trailer, but if you pay attention, you will notice is that the only thing that happened in the trailer is that Lea is back.

And Mercen, we're hijacking the thread again. We were supposed to talk about Kairi here! We need a thread for our crazy discussions. I'm on it.

Jinx
05-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Riku = Ultimecia

Hollycat
06-04-2012, 06:32 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Mercen-X/Keybow2.jpghttp://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Mercen-X/Keybow3.jpg

The Ultima Keybow: a weapon of my own design. I dissected the KH2 Ultima.
It resembles a mustache.

Mercen-X
06-04-2012, 06:42 AM
~Zidanelv60 made better ones. (http://ourkeyblades.deviantart.com/gallery/30492320)

Arizona Lively
06-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Keybow? Really?

I see that guy Zid also makes shields and staves. Those I understand. It's be cool if the Keyblade could take on those forms too like in the dream with the dream sword/shield/staff. Makes sense right

SuperMillionaire
06-21-2012, 07:53 PM

So that she can defend herself without a Keyblade. And who better to teach her than Tifa?

Del Murder
06-21-2012, 08:44 PM
You're a beautiful man, SuperMillionaire.

Fynn
06-22-2012, 10:51 AM

So that she can defend herself without a Keyblade. And who better to teach her than Tifa?

How about Aqua? Her magic rocks.

Mercen-X
06-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Well, if you don't play CoM or Days between 1&2, you're kind of left scratching your head... playing CoM answers why Sora is in a flowery sleep chamber and playing Days explains Roxas... but the timeline is a little finicky... if Sora and Riku are doing some kind of Dream Dance, maybe Kairi really can have a short stint in a game that takes place between the time that Sora and Riku entered the final battle against Xemnas and the moment the Door to Light returned them to Destiny Islands. Sure, it won't be a game in which Kairi's quest saves the duo, but, c'mon, SE is good at nothing if not pulling an acceptable (if not entirely coherent) storyline out of their butts.

Re:coded explains Mickey's letter at the end of KHII. Not so great.

SuperMillionaire
07-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the compliment, Del Murder. You're quite the man yourself.

And that Keybow thing looks prety cool. Mercen-X.

Oh, and Kairi can learn magic from Aqua and hand-to-hand skills from Tifa.

Mercen-X
07-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Thank you.

SuperMillionaire
07-19-2012, 09:12 PM
You're welcome.

Anyway, being the damsel in distress that she was during the second game, I'd say that the time Kairi would learn how to properly fight would be after Ultimecia kidnaps her, and then Tifa rescues her, and then she teaches Kairi how to fight hand-to-hand before she trains with a Keyblade. On, and Tifa needs a new outfit too, complete with white angel wings.

Hollycat
07-19-2012, 11:23 PM
I don't understand why you are talking about all this hand to hand stuff, it sounds ludicrous. Kairi has a keyblade, why would she use her hands. She is probably the magic heavy, just like aqua.

SuperMillionaire
07-25-2012, 09:41 PM
True, but I think Sora was about to fight with his hands when he first met Seifer in Twilight Town.

Arizona Lively
08-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Ultimecia kidnaps (Kairi), and then Tifa rescues her, and teaches her how to fight hand-to-hand before she trains with a Keyblade. Tifa needs a new outfit too, complete with white angel wings.
Ultimecia isn't going to be in KH sadly. I would like it if Kairi had a trio of teachers: Tifa, Aqua, and like some kind of compromise between Xion and Namine (in her head or as a computer program or something). I'd like to see her manipulating memories.
I agree Tifa needs another outfit, but no wings. Even if someone out there is saying she's cloud's light side and sephiroths his dark side and sephiroth hs a black wing, giving Tifa wings would just make her look like Rinoa and only Rinoa can be Rinoa no matter how annoying she is to some people. Also, I prefer to see her back her AVALANCHE fatiques and her cowgirl cosplay... ooh, and maybe her outfit for visiting Don Corneo because what she's supposed to look like in that outfit has never been clarified even by artists who take liberties with famous characters. Clouds' been done to death but I've never seen what Tifa should look like in hers or a decent pic of Aeriths in hers.

SuperMillionaire
08-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Rinoa and Tifa can both have wings if they're both in the game together. They even look alike, so why not?

Mercen-X
08-20-2012, 02:32 AM
Square Enix doesn't like to put too many similar characters into a game. Rinoa can't be in KH anymore because Tifa has been added and they look similar. I agree with Az that Tifa shouldn't have wings as that would be ridiculously non-canon.

warrior of darkness
04-11-2014, 04:15 PM
I personally would like to see her strike up a friendship with Tifa in KHIII, because she needs more screen time too. Forget about Cloud and Sephiroth; Tifa needs the extra publicity, and a brand new outfit too.

On topic, I think that in the next game, Ultimecia can kidnap her while Sora and Riku are away, and then Tifa can save her and take Kairi under her wing for a while to give her some hand-to-hand combat training, and then have Leon and company deliver her to Yen Sid for Keyblade training.
Ultimecia shouldn't kidnap Kairi because Ultimecia is Kairi's dark future.