PDA

View Full Version : How do you think the laughing scene will be in the HD version?

Sephex
01-27-2012, 07:41 PM
(if there is no poll, wait for it)

chrysanths
01-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Voted for less goofy myself. The original voice acting seemed odd imho. I couldn't tell if the forced sounding laughter was on purpose to set the scene of how they we're trying to be happy in an almost desperate manner... or if the voice actors were just high while doing that scene. *eye roll*

Jessweeee♪
01-27-2012, 10:25 PM
It has always baffled me that there was any confusion that the scene was anything other than deliberately goofy. I mean, the laugh alone is ridiculously absurd when all other laughing in the game sounds much more genuine. They're making silly poses when they do it. Yuna says "you probably shouldn't laugh anymore" with an embarrassed look on her face. Wakka says "we thought you guys might have gone crazy." The rest of them party gives them looks like "are you retarded?"

A couple of months ago it was confirmed that the scene was indeed based on a silly acting exercise that Kazushige Nojima once did.

Alexander O. Smith Interview | RPG Site (http://www.rpgsite.net/interviews/337-alexander-o.-smith-interview)

I hope if this is a remake then there is more clarification that yes this is a couple of seventeen year olds being silly silly teenagers. Though I don't know how considering it is very obvious already. Otherwise I hope it's unchanged, aside from maybe more accurate lip movements.

Jiro
01-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Yeah I was probably one of the few people who didn't have a problem with that scene. It's mental but it's meant to be.

CimminyCricket
01-28-2012, 07:53 AM
While I didn't really get why it was done the way it was done when I first played it, I wasn't really bothered by it. I mean Wakka basically read my mind when he said he thought they may have gone crazy. Other than that, it wasn't too bad a scene. xD

I hope they leave it as is, but I'm not going to play it again. xD

Rianoa
01-29-2012, 11:59 AM
The scene was so bad it made me laugh as well, I guess either way the cookie crumbles someone is going to be pissed off.

Old Manus
01-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Yuna says "you probably shouldn't laugh anymore" with an embarrassed look on her face.This look?

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/020402/ffx/ffx_screen001.jpg

...Or this one?

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/020402/ffx/ffx_screen001.jpg

Elly
01-29-2012, 06:19 PM
itll be the exact same scene, voice actors and all, with a slight upscale in the graphics using whats already there, just like what was done for Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD and RE:4 HD...

DMKA
01-30-2012, 05:59 PM
itll be the exact same scene, voice actors and all, with a slight upscale in the graphics using whats already there, just like what was done for Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD and RE:4 HD...
If it isn't I'll be amazed.

I just can't see them remaking the game as the rumor floating around the internet says they are. An HD re-release in the vein of all the other HD re-releases seems far more plausible.

Also, I don't understand how so many people don't get that the laughing scene was supposed to be awkward.

Bubba
01-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Can someone tell me whereabouts in the game this happens?

I only attempted this game once and think I got nearly halfway through before losing myself to Blitzball. I'm sure I would have remembered this scene unless I also thought that it wasn't particularly out of place either.

Looking forward to finally completing it on the HD version... hopefully without getting side-tracked.

DMKA
01-30-2012, 07:05 PM
It happens when you first get to Luca, before the biltzball game, when you're out on the bridge, if I recall correctly.

Jessweeee♪
01-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Nah, it was after the game when you get Auron.

Also Manus I guess I mean with an embarrassed demeanor what with her arm and neck animations and whatnot. Maybe her eyebrows moved a teensy bit :confused:

Jiro
01-30-2012, 11:19 PM
It's right before you roll up the steps to the Mi'hen Highway.

Mirage
01-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Exactly the same, of course, because that scene was done exactly like the director intended it.

Dr. rydrum2112
01-31-2012, 06:07 PM
I can only hope they cut it.

G13
02-01-2012, 08:08 AM
BELTO MAXON TO THE MUTHAsmurfING MAX!

Sephex
02-01-2012, 11:21 PM
BELTO MAXON TO THE MUTHAsmurfING MAX!

*Maxson

Though I misspelled it in the poll because I was rushing when I made it. :(

On the off chance a mod sees this, could you change the last option to say "Belto Maxson" please?

G13
02-03-2012, 01:48 AM
I should have remembered that, I made an homage to your fictional character before the posts concerning him suddenly vanished.

The world will not forget Belto Maxson.

http://home.eyesonff.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32978&d=1248449435

Sephex
02-03-2012, 02:23 AM
Dude! Thanks so much! I actually have the pictures saved on my old computer (I grabbed them from Geocities before they shut down). I would go fix the post to have the pics back in, but you can't edit posts in archived threads, obviously. :(

I think it's awesome that you have saved this and added the captions! *saves to current laptop*

EDIT: And whoops, I failed to noticed the mod tag under your screen name. Had I seen it, I would have just PMed you and asked to fix the poll. Anyway, thanks for that too!

TrollHunter
02-03-2012, 02:42 AM
It'll be the exact same... it's not a remake, just an hd port...
I know the scene was supposed to be awkward, that part is obvious, but I still hate the scene with a passion. It's just... way too awkward honestly. It's cringe worthy. Hell, in the japanese version Tidus sounds like a @&^#$%$ crow.
I either turn the volume nearly all the way down, or mute the tv whenever I reach that scene now.

G13
02-03-2012, 04:04 AM
Dude! Thanks so much! I actually have the pictures saved on my old computer (I grabbed them from Geocities before they shut down). I would go fix the post to have the pics back in, but you can't edit posts in archived threads, obviously. :(

I think it's awesome that you have saved this and added the captions! *saves to current laptop*

EDIT: And whoops, I failed to noticed the mod tag under your screen name. Had I seen it, I would have just PMed you and asked to fix the pool. Anyway, thanks for that too!

I've had that picture in one of my profile albums for like three years now. I don't even remember the circumstances in which I found myself viewing that thread, but it was damn glorious. I think I was new or something, but it definitely left an impression. xD

Sephex
02-03-2012, 04:36 AM
Yeah, not two days went by when I started posting again, and Old Manus referenced it. Also, other people answered "Belto Maxson." I was just messing around! And it still gets referenced to this day! I think I made it in 2005 or 2006. Never would have thought I would see Belto around in 2012!

crazybayman
02-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Belto....nice. Mr. Hanky (http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/mr-hankey.jpg) the super hero!

On the laughing scene.......now that I think of it, this one actually isn't the one I would like to see improved the most.

"I'll fight you too!" actually got more face-palm from me than any other scene. I'd like to see that one improved on. Even though it is coming from meek and mild Yuna, it's still the most lame threat I have ever heard, :p.

Oh yeah, also "make me!" :p Well, that one is actually hilarious, because he sounds like a 7 year old child. As well, I did actually like Seymour's sarcastic wit in this fight.

I would also love the opportunity to fight (and absolutely destroy :mwahaha:) Trommell Guado :p. Right before you escape from Macalania Temple. Now THAT would be a fantastic addition.

Lindar
02-09-2012, 10:37 AM
It will sound exacly the same, because they won't redo dubs from what I heard.
But I still cringe at that scene...

Sephex
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
It will sound exacly the same, because they won't redo dubs from what I heard.
But I still cringe at that scene...

Yeah, I heard that a couple of days ago, myself. When I made the poll, details like this were unclear. Oh well!

Simen
02-17-2012, 10:38 AM
I voted: "They'll try to make it less goofy."

...but I actually liked that scene. Thought it was cute, and a little funny. It's cute how Yuna tries to make Tidus laugh on purpose. :) - or wait, was it the opposite? Hmmm..

darkmagus206
03-04-2012, 10:04 PM
I liked the scene too and I think it will be the same because it's just a regular HD port.

Jinx
03-06-2012, 03:00 AM
As Spoonyone once put it: "I hate this (scene) with the fiery intesity of a a thousand Forman grills."

This is the scene where I usually mute and go make myself some munchies, or flip over to watch Roseanne for 10 minutes.

No matter what they do to this scene, it will still suck.

black orb
03-27-2012, 01:56 AM
>>> I just hope they dont change anything..:luca:

ReloadPsi
07-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm tired of explaining this scene to people and I think everyone's failure to grasp what's going on in it really speaks about the level of intelligence of people who think FFX is a good game.