PDA

View Full Version : Canned Goodies

Chris
01-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Gotta admit that for most of my life, I have refused to even consider tasting food... any food, that comes in a can. About a week ago, I chanced upon this:

http://skyrisefoods.com/store/pc/catalog/canned food/Chef Boyardee - Mini Beef Raviola.jpg

And I was sold. It is so freaking delicious! I always make my pasta myself, but this thing... canned ravioli, actually taste so good. I feel like I have offended every pasta-lover and Italian in the entire world.

Am I completely gone? Please tell me that some of you like canned food. Also, if you do, recommend me some munchies, please. :(

Peegee
01-30-2012, 10:44 PM
is it tasty? sure

is it good ravioli? hell no.
(off topic but i had duck stuffed ravioli the other day. Mmmmm)

I freaking love canned food. I could live off on it except I'd be fat :(

Pike
01-30-2012, 11:39 PM
OH MAN THAT RAVIOLI

YES

BEST EVER

ALSO SPAGHETTIOS :drool:

Bunny
01-31-2012, 01:07 AM
Canned food is only good when the world is being threatened by some malevolent force.

Tigmafuzz
01-31-2012, 01:15 AM
Aw man I miss Spaghettios. GOING TO THE STORE NOW

Hollycat
01-31-2012, 01:42 AM
canned food is only good when the world is being threatened by Micheal Eisner

Iceglow
01-31-2012, 02:06 AM
Well if I was eating canned food more than I do at the moment I would be forced to pick out:

Canned Macaroni Cheese. I know it's not great but heated slowly in a saucepan instead of nuked in a microwave this stuff can be great.

Canned spaghetti bol. has to be Heinz.

baked beans, a damn good source of fiber and a staple part of most diets (try and get low salt ones though)

canned fruit salad, such good stuff.

Avoidances:

canned curry is never good
canned meatballs taste like the balls of a pig cut off and shoved directly in the can.
spam
more spam.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-31-2012, 02:11 AM
Spam!

I love Spam. And Chef Boyardi! And Spagettios!

Agent Proto
01-31-2012, 02:47 AM
You know, it's been awhile since I've last had any canned foods. I think the last canned food I had was Spam though. Though, I made sure to cook that up rather than microwaving it.

escobert
01-31-2012, 04:45 AM
I probably eat the worst ever. I eat fast food, frozen food and canned food ALL the time. I don't eat veggies or fruit and I drink whole milk f that low fat crap. However, I am more likely to lose weight than I am to gain it. I have been the exact same size for the last ten years (I still have cloths from my sphmore year of high school that fit perfectly) also I'm lazy as shit and don't excersize what so ever. Yay for me!

Shlup
01-31-2012, 04:59 AM
I like canned pineapple because it doesn't cause an allergic reaction. I also enjoy condensed tomato soup. That's about it though. Canned pastas are not food.

Agent Proto
01-31-2012, 05:03 AM
Canned pineapples are great. I also enjoy drinking the juice, even if it's sometimes mostly syrup.

Mirage
01-31-2012, 05:11 AM
I usually only use canned ingredients to make my own food. It is very rare that I eat a meal that is pre-cooked, put on a can and just needs reheating.

Pike
01-31-2012, 05:13 AM
I will eat cold pasta right out of the can and I will enjoy every glorious second of it

chionos
01-31-2012, 05:42 AM
I like canned pineapple because it doesn't cause an allergic reaction. I also enjoy condensed tomato soup. That's about it though. Canned pastas are not food.

With a grilled cheese sandwich. Right on.

Tigmafuzz
01-31-2012, 01:38 PM
I dip my grilled cheese sandwiches in the tomato soup. If there's a Heaven, it better have Kraft and Campbell's.

Pike
01-31-2012, 02:52 PM
I honestly can't think of anything more amazing than a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.

Hollycat
01-31-2012, 02:55 PM
potato casserole

Tigmafuzz
01-31-2012, 03:13 PM
potato casserole
Nope. Still inferior.

Vincent, Thunder God
01-31-2012, 03:17 PM
I like canned peaches and pineapples - without added sugar or sucralose that is. I actually made my own snack out of strawberry and blueberry yogurt, vanilla almond cereal and peaches in peach juice. It was so good! Canned peaches FTW!