PDA

View Full Version : Block a thread?

VeloZer0
01-31-2012, 01:20 AM
Is there any way using the current forum software to allow users to make specific threads not show up as having new posts, or block them entirely?

The reason I ask is (as an example) in the FF7 forum there is just about always a new post in the riddles thread. Which is great for the people who enjoy it, but I don't read it and it basically completely invalidates the concept of the "there are new posts in this forum" icon.

I realize how you all must now think this is an incredibly pressing issue.

rubah
02-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Personally I just hid the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII forum group... Works for me!

Jiro
02-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Just join us in the riddle thread! :monster:

Peegee
03-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm too lazy to check if there's somebody to answer:

can you just block the person who created the thread? would that block all threads the person created, or would it just hide the post when you click the name of the thread (probably the latter T___T)

I don't think there's a way to hide a post mang.

Rantz
03-02-2012, 06:12 PM
There isn't a way to do that, unfortunately. The closest thing I can think of is to subscribe to the threads you are interested in, and use your Settings page to see new posts. Of course, you might still want to check the forum for new threads from time to time, plus you might get a lot of subscribed threads, so I don't know how well it'd work for you.