PDA

View Full Version : I'm your only friend I'm not your only friend...

Pike
01-31-2012, 05:18 AM
...but I'm a little glowing friend but really I'm not actually your friend but I am~

Okay, TMBG lyrics aside, what are some objects in your life that you've been particularly attached to?

I'm in love with my watch. Which is a given. I've also had a lot of toys throughout my life that have been really important to me. I had a toy rabbit named Susie (named after a real rabbit that I had for a few years) which I carried around everywhere for a while, and then after her was a stuffed Nala (from the Lion King) who got the same treatment.

chionos
01-31-2012, 05:38 AM
My great-great-grandmother, who I was really close to before she died, made me a goose feather pillow when I was little and which I called squishy and which I kept for many years and which I would still have not but for a house fire that killed poor squishy several years ago. We were tight.

My books. I lost a large collection of books to the same fire that took squishy, and since then I've developed a kind of unhealthy obsession with books. They're kind of taking over the house.

I also have a favorite pencil and favorite pen that aren't allowed to be touched on penalty of death. No joke.

I've taken to calling my son (he's 1) Linus because he's got a little blue blanket that goes everywhere with him. He's not babied I swear, but holy shet we tried to take it away from him to wash it and he flipped out of his poor little baby mind, he looked me in the eye and made sure that I knew how very much he hated me at that moment. I've never loved anything as deeply as he loves that blanket.

Shlup
01-31-2012, 06:39 AM
My baby's name is Radar. He is in a box at my mother's house. I've had him since I was two. His diaper has little flowers all over it.

Tigmafuzz
01-31-2012, 01:33 PM
I made a triangle man out of clay when I was four or five. He would get into fights with the other toys. And he would always win.

No one knows my plaaaaan~

Pike
01-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Oh I forgot:

I have this little pillow (aptly named "Little Pillow"), about a foot long or so, which was given to me on the day of my birth and I still use it. It used to have my name and birthdate on it, but it rubbed away and the whole thing started falling apart so my mom sewed a pillowcase around it a while back. That was so long ago that the flowery patterns on the pillowcase have long since faded away and now it's just this big white lump.

But it's MY big white lump, and I sleep with it every night.

Tigmafuzz
01-31-2012, 03:02 PM
I have a similar little pillow that I found in someone's yard when I was six or seven. It's been washed a million times and now it's my favorite thing in the house. It still looks kinda nasty, so we don't use it on the bed, but I have it with me when we're in the living room or whatever. It's purple. My purple pillow. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Peegee
01-31-2012, 03:49 PM
I will turn my back on all of my already tenuously fragile morality and destroy you if you ever mess with my bearsies.

*hugs all the bearsies*

I have a stuffed bear that's 30 years old. That's older than you [probably]

theundeadhero
01-31-2012, 10:40 PM
What kind of watch do you have?

Pike
01-31-2012, 10:45 PM
This one:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/P12599466.jpg

It's nothing fancy; cost $70 and has a rather generic Chinese movement inside it, but I love it to bits and it's surprisingly accurate. :love:

Freya
01-31-2012, 10:47 PM
I have a stuffed hamtaro I still sleep with?

Tigmafuzz
02-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Hamtaro!
http://cdn2.mixrmedia.com/wp-uploads/girlybubble/blog/2011/08/hamtaro.jpg

bogert
02-05-2012, 09:56 PM
The most precious thing to me is my bike..I love my Honda cD70 bike...She is my real life partner. :)