PDA

View Full Version : How Are Your New Year Resolutions Going?

Pike
02-01-2012, 04:58 AM
It's the end of the month. Is anyone still keeping up with theirs?

I had two, and because I want to try to keep them, I made silly ones instead of serious ones. The first was to try and play every game I own on Steam. I've made a small bit of headway on this but not as much as I'd like because I keep getting distracted by EU3.

My second resolution, as some of you may have figured out by now, is to make at least one new thread on EoFF every day for the entire year. So far so good; this thread will mark 31/31.

Are you all sick of me yet? :bigsmile:

P.S. yes I am running out of thread ideas.

Quindiana Jones
02-01-2012, 05:36 AM
I haven't killed anyone yet.

NorthernChaosGod
02-01-2012, 05:40 AM
Lol, I wonder how you'll fair for the next few months.

My resolution keeping is going great because I never make any. :p On a related note, my going back to the gym has gone swimmingly and I'm very near my pre-cast weight on most of my lifts.

Peegee
02-01-2012, 05:51 AM
i have good news. i was investing all last year and didn't count it into my 2012 jan/feb goals. yay

other than that, i've been pretty much half and half. i could do better but it's only january, says i.

Chris
02-01-2012, 09:34 AM
I never ever make any resolutions. The disappointment you feel when you fail, is the worst kind of disappointment there is. :(

Freya
02-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Well I cut out soda for a while and was doing good about not drinking them. But my asthma was acting up and the doctor told me cutting off on caffeine was a bad idea because it helps open blood vessels blah blah, its good for asthma. Seeing as how I'm not a big coffee fan, back to an occasional soda it is!

Bubba
02-01-2012, 12:34 PM
My New Years Resolution was not to make any New Years Resolutions... that being the case I failed immediately.

Tigmafuzz
02-01-2012, 01:34 PM
My resolution had something to do with candles. Candlemack? Candleback? I wait I remember now it was candlej

Quindiana Jones
02-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I remember one Halloween when we had a member called Candlejack who would rape you in your sleep or something. I never really got the reference...

Hollycat
02-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Mine is broken like a mirror dropped from an airplane

krissy
02-01-2012, 03:52 PM
the reference is from a show called freakazoid, and the thing is if you say candlejacks nam

Shattered Dreamer
02-01-2012, 05:37 PM
I finally started my new diet last week. Lost 8lbs in a week so yeah going well :bigsmile:

Pumpkin
02-01-2012, 07:58 PM
I didn't make a New Year's resolution, so it's going great. Or terribly depending how you look at it.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-02-2012, 03:00 AM
I think I had those...but I forgot.

bogert
02-05-2012, 06:50 PM
I have just lost my Video Card..So, First of all I have to resolve my this problem :(

fire_of_avalon
02-06-2012, 02:50 AM
I don't even remember what I said I was gonna do.

Rostum
02-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Well, my resolutions were loose but basically it was just to keep up with the gym three-four times a week and keep with a healthier diet, as well as pick up more client work or find some direction in life. Which is what I've been able to do; going to go for a Masters of Business Administration to get my life back on track, and picked up a nice paying project until that starts.

Iceglow
02-06-2012, 04:10 AM
I made 2 and I think I'm doing ok on at least one of them:

1) I made a resolution to get my ass back in to shape and tone up some. I've got a deadline so to speak for a relatively good progress which is I need to be sorted out in regards to being some of the way towards my goals by May so that I can look great when I go over to Stockholm (intending to go there for a brief holiday) To this end I have; joined a gym and begun lifting weights whilst also putting in the cardio effort. Dropped the junk food and instead replaced my diet with a much healthier one, primarily my meals consist of chicken, rice and veg or chicken and veg or some sort of combination involving chicken and veg. I've cut out nearly all bread and nearly all my junk food. I have the odd relapse on to somethings on cheat days but it's ok. So far the guys at work who see me daily are noticing that there's been some changes to my physique. If I can keep this up and actually give up my cheat days (eventually this will become a goal) I will be fine. The fact that I am having to live very cheap is actually helping here. I love working out down the gym and if I can I go every day.

2) I promised to get a new job because I feel like I'm standing on the deck of the Titanic at work atm. Well this is going along. It's not great though, I could definitely put a few more hours a week in to this, though frankly my days off consist of me doing my chores and going gym it's almost like my first resolution is blocking my second one. However, the Titanic has somewhat leveled out, she's still in trouble but it may be ok. We had some good news and bad news, the good news is that my job at least is secure for another year or two. The bad news is that my contract is changing slightly and so I will actually earn a sizable chunk less in the midst of rising cost of living. Whilst I'm doing all I can to work out ways of making that money stretch (I've given up drink, focusing on my gym workouts which cost me nothing more than the £17 a month gym membership etc etc) it's still quite clear I would be better off working a more local job to home and having just a monthly bus pass (though this would involve seeing family less as at the moment if I get off the tube in East Finchley or Camden Town I can go see my family for no more than my journey to work and back each month) I'm still looking for a job but I'm more amenable to the idea of working Central London if the money is right.

Unbreakable Will
02-07-2012, 05:48 AM
I made a resolution not to make a resolution, and I'll be damned if I didn't instantly break it. Sigh...

Jiro
02-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Oh yeah. Smooth sailing from here guys. Slaying my resolution like a deathknife through a buttergoblin

Tigmafuzz
02-07-2012, 08:20 AM
Wait a second, you people are serious? It's a new year already?
My actual resolution was moving out of this city by the end of the year.

Mirage
02-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Which new year resolutions?