PDA

View Full Version : Doing It Wrong

Pike
02-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Last night I had booze for the first time ever in my life (yes I'm 28, shut up). I had two bottles of these alcoholic fruit drink things. I was expecting OMG SUPER FUN TIMES but instead I just got sleepy. I went to bed early and slept like a rock. Anyways it was kind of disappointing.

So the purpose of this thread is two-fold;

a.) Tell Pike how she is doing drinking wrong,

and/or

b.) Talk about times you've done things wrong yourself. :kakapo:

Bubba
02-01-2012, 05:20 PM
First-time drinking can be hit or miss but generally it's a miss! Be thankful that yours didn't end the way most people's first time ends... face down in a pool of your own vomit...

I was sixteen when I first got drunk. I had six pints of Stella Artois at the pub my Dad was working at. I distinctly rememberbeing carried home by my Dad and Brother.

My advise would be to start small.

Tigmafuzz
02-01-2012, 05:58 PM
A drinking thread? AWWWWRIGHT

Get yourself some vodka and cranberry juice. Fun times shall ensue. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAYj7PtUQX8)

Agent Proto
02-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Drinking by yourself will end up in depressing ways, most of the time. If you are drinking socially, that's where you'll have the best effects of alcohol, though sometimes you may end up too wasted that you'll end up forgetting or regretting your drunken actions. Just sayin'.

Bunny
02-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Drinking makes me sleepy too.

Peegee
02-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Drinking makes me dizzy.

I would recommend you just keep drinking different stuff. You'll eventually settle on something you enjoy. I think within the first few months of drinking (yay coolers) I settled on rum + coke and now I only drink rum + diet coke.

There's a lot of very yummy drinks out there. Last weekend we asked the bartender to invent us 5 shots of 'green lantern'. It was so sweet we argued there wasn't even any alcohol in it :D

Sephex
02-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Drinking has various effects on me, and I have many embarrassing stories as a result of getting myself intoxicated.

I hate saying about to say because when you do, people assume you are bragging, but I do have a high tolerance for alcohol. This is probably because I can't stand beer, and other light stuff upsets my stomach because of carbonation and other non alcohol related ingredients. Hence, I drink mainly hard liquor (mixed with stuff that doesn't upset my stomach usually)

Anyway, it takes a good amount for me to get anywhere with it, but EVERYONE comes across that line where one of three things will happen:

A) You will pass out.
B) You will vomit.
C) You'll do both (not talking about accidentally killing yourself here, I mean you will pass out then wake up and suddenly vomit).

I agree with Proto about drinking socially. The few times I have drank by myself, I mostly was awkwardly drunk and felt depressed about something. With friends and/or family, I have a great time about 90% of the time.

I also agree to start small. Once I started to drink seriously, I drank way too often and way too much. I'm actually very lucky I never got into serious trouble or quickly fell into alcoholism, especially since both sides of my family have alcoholics in it. Regardless, if I paced myself a few years ago, I would have had better earlier.

I am actually trying to think of a story where I did something wrong, but every story I can think of is either too boring or too embarrassing (as mentioned above)!

Quindiana Jones
02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
My first drunk experience was when I was 15. Had a litre of vodka straight over the course of a half hour.

Went well. :shifty:

Gamblet
02-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Oh wow, my first time with alcohol.... Embarrassing to tell really.
Read if you dare.. I drank vodka for the first time on a friends birthday. After taking like 4 big sips, I was blacked out... sleeping on a chair that was wet, because someone peed on it.:eek: I barfed a little, but I was alright. And to be honest, I was only *12* :|. (It was summer, we were outside, in an abandoned building.)

I'm soon turning 16 and I still drink with my friends from time to time(once a week). I usually don't puke when drinking, but when I do, it is kind of random, I do not feel sick. That is my awkward situation.
Favourite drinks? Rum and cola.

Quindiana Jones
02-01-2012, 08:50 PM
You pissed yourself?!

Best reaction ever. xD

Gamblet
02-01-2012, 08:59 PM
You pissed yourself?!

Best reaction ever. xD

Nope, a friend of mine was drunk too and he had to take a leak. He decided to piss on a chair. I was so wasted and I felt sleepy and then I went to sleep on that chair. :D

NorthernChaosGod
02-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Pike, you should try a beer. I'm curious to see how you'll take to it. Why haven't you drank before?

sharkythesharkdogg
02-01-2012, 09:39 PM
I've had my fun drinking. I mean that. Still, I don't get super drunk anymore.....

The first time I got extremely drunk was.....16? I dry heaved for 3 hours. I then got drunk/bored and wandered a few miles away from the house I was at. I somehow fell asleep in the road. (It was a little back road) The first car that came along was of course a county deputy. I am amazingly lucky in that he didn't run over me, and then DIDN'T arrest me! He said he did stupid tit when he was young too. So he took me back to the house, and told me to just keep my ass inside.

I was also asked to leave a restaurant/bar in New Orleans after putting my balls on the glass.....This story was told to me. I don't remember it too well. I do remember my karaoke was really enthusiastic. That was a long night.

There's other stories, but you get the idea.

I do still enjoy going to the pub and playing some pool or darts.

Miriel
02-01-2012, 09:43 PM
It's so weird to me how many people love to drink, because it seriously just gets me soooo sleepy. I mean, just from a purely chemical objective standpoint, alcohol is a depressant. So I can understand drinking to relax or take the edge off. But drinking to get amped up is bizarre. If you want to get all hyper and excited, have an energy drink instead. Or I know people who mix alcohol with cocaine since alcohol is a downer and cocaine brings you waaay up. But that is bad. Very very bad. Don't do it. :mad2:

But it's the same thing with weed. It just knocks me out. And I sleep like a baby.

When I was having a little bit of insomnia problems, I could literally take a couple sips of wine and just zonk right out.

Peegee
02-01-2012, 10:03 PM
I dislike smoking but I do it when a friend offers.

I dislike being drunk but I do it every so often for lulz

I guess I'm adopting that silly 'herp a derp let's get drunk' mentality. It's fun bc there's a social aspect. yes there's other ways to get that social aspect, but now I have one more!

*shrug*

Pumpkin
02-01-2012, 10:03 PM
When I get drunk I get hyper. Then I get quiet. Then I sober up. I'm not a particularly exciting drunk. I think the dumbest thing I ever did drunk was let some girl I barely knew pierce second holes into my ears, which have closed up now since I never used them. Other than that theres really nothing all that interesting. I also have never became drunk enough that I puked or passed out or forgot what I did when I was drunk. That just seems stupid to me.

Slothy
02-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Last night I had booze for the first time ever in my life (yes I'm 28, shut up). I had two bottles of these alcoholic fruit drink things. I was expecting OMG SUPER FUN TIMES but instead I just got sleepy. I went to bed early and slept like a rock.

Alcohols a depressant anyway, and when you add in a blood sugar crash from those damn fruity drinks/coolers it's even worse when it comes to getting sleepy. In your case it may be better to go with a light beer, or perhaps straight up hard liquor. Something like Bailey's may also be good if you don't like beer and can't drink the hard stuff, but I swear to the robot god I can drink the whole damn bottle and not feel a thing sometimes.

Gamblet
02-01-2012, 10:18 PM
It's fun bc there's a social aspect. yes there's other ways to get that social aspect, but now I have one more!

*shrug*

Agreed.

Pike
02-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Why haven't you drank before?

Partially because I grew up in a really sheltered teetotaling family, and partially because my social anxiety and general hermit tendencies have kept me from ever "going out" or hitting the town or anything like that. The result of those two things combined is that I've never had the opportunity to drink. Yesterday the curiosity finally got the better of me, though.

Madame Adequate
02-01-2012, 10:43 PM
First time I had a drink I was four. My grandma had this glass of lemonade that, being a four year old, I grabbed and necked.

It was not lemonade!

Peegee
02-01-2012, 10:49 PM
First time I had a drink I was four. My grandma had this glass of lemonade that, being a four year old, I grabbed and necked.

It was not lemonade!

Urine?

NorthernChaosGod
02-02-2012, 01:20 AM
Why haven't you drank before?

Partially because I grew up in a really sheltered teetotaling family, and partially because my social anxiety and general hermit tendencies have kept me from ever "going out" or hitting the town or anything like that. The result of those two things combined is that I've never had the opportunity to drink. Yesterday the curiosity finally got the better of me, though.
D'awww, you're so cute. If you do ever get drunk, you should write a "Dear EoFF" letter in the style of Twilight writing to Celestia.

It was not lemonade!
If we're counting these, then I have two stories to tell. My first time (probably multiple times) ever drinking was when my dad would be watching me in the evening when I was about one or two. He'd be having a Budweiser and I've been told that I'd take it and drink it like it was my own bottle.

Later on in life, I must have been about 12 when I was at my aunt's house hanging out with some of my cousins. One of my cousins had what I thought was a glass of Coke, so I asked him to have some. He gave me a sip and it most definitely was not just Coke, so I spit it out. :p

Agent Proto
02-02-2012, 01:58 AM
The first time I had alcohol was when I was 15, or so... My dad offered me a sip of his beer at the time, so I took a sip. It wasn't that bad I recall.

fire_of_avalon
02-02-2012, 02:31 AM
The topic of this thread isn't drinking, it's doing stuff wrong.

I do all kinds of stuff wrong all the time. But drinking, I do that pretty right.

Pike, we need to hang out.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Drink drank punk! Get in an alcoholic funk!

I have done drinking wrong a few times. Sometimes it turned out bad, sometimes not. :kakapo:

Also, like others have said, you should definitely drink in a social setting. Don't drink alone. Thats dumb. Drink with friends and do activities. You will find activities more entertaining when drunk. :p

Peegee
02-02-2012, 03:36 AM
WELL I HEOPM YOU R'E HAPPY I HAD TO DRIVE HOME DURNK AND I LEF TMY BAG AT THE BAR. YOU AND YOUR THREAD PROBABLY MADE ME DRINK THAT MUCH YOU JEKR

YEAH YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER ME THAN ??? I'M EOFF DAMNIT

ugh i can't even drink water beacuse i'm so bloated an di fi sleep i will wake up unconcscicous

this si s what hpapanes whne yhou drink.

Tigmafuzz
02-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Good job pg! :D

theundeadhero
02-02-2012, 04:11 AM
Proto crammed it right. Your social environment while drinking makes all the difference in whether you become sleepy, happy, or react however you react. If I drink just hanging around my apartment I get sleepy so I don't do it. If I get together with some friends and we drink things get exciting.

As far as doing things wrong: Life- I think I'm doing it wrong.

Shlup
02-02-2012, 04:50 AM
You would not believe how much surface area I managed to coat with my purple vomit on my 21st birthday.

Also, I have seen several people make the mistake of eating cannabis their first time. It's much stronger that way.

Pike
02-02-2012, 05:50 AM
D'awww, you're so cute. If you do ever get drunk, you should write a "Dear EoFF" letter in the style of Twilight writing to Celestia.

Will do :p

Pike, we need to hang out.

Yes. Yes we do.

Catblepus
02-02-2012, 06:31 AM
i remember my first time using a water pipe, instead of inhaling i was puffing xD
but wow, why did you drink so late? i mean, if you ever wante to drink, you would do it before 28, and if not, why at 28 O_O

NorthernChaosGod
02-02-2012, 06:34 AM
We're posting on topic wrong. :p

Catblepus
02-02-2012, 07:22 AM
We're posting on topic wrong. :p

you guys are, but not me :P
i posted about something i did wrong, unrelated to drinking^^

Mirage
02-02-2012, 07:43 AM
There are basically two reasons to drink.

Either you do it because you think it tastes good, or you use it as a social lubricant. Of course, you can do it for both reasons at the same time, but if you don't think it tastes super fantastic, and you aren't in a social setting, you might as well just not drink at all.

How much did you drink, pike? Amount, alcohol percentage, and how fast you drank it.

Pike
02-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Umm it was in glass bottles about the size of a soda bottle. I had two of them over the course of a couple of hours and the alcohol percentage was pretty low, 4% or something.

I was trying to start slow because I'd never done it before! :p

Peegee
02-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks to my post and drunk chatting with piku yesterday she might never drink again.

You can thank PG for saving another soul.

Iceglow
02-02-2012, 11:57 PM
True facts: your environment and social setting makes a huge difference to getting drinking right.

Being out in a club/pub/bar with friends and other people especially when loud music is playing will generally provide a massive upbeat to your drinking experience. Hence when people get drunk in social settings such as clubs they tend to relax become more confident and lose their inhibitions and generally dance (that has everything to do with sex, lust and dancing mimicking sexual contact)

Being drunk in a quiet place such as a home will generally leave people sleepy/depressed since the alcohol will have a negative effect on the person, reality is that your inhibitions and everything are just as lowered but the lack of the club environment means that the open state of mind and "good time" is not had.

fire_of_avalon
02-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Horsesh-wha? ... Steve? Sensible post?

... Steve. You're being Steve wrong.

Rianoa
02-03-2012, 01:30 AM
I probably had my first drink when I was 14/13 ... I think alcohol stuffs starts earlier in England there were plenty of cringe worthy times such as drinking vodka and refusing to wear clothes this was when I was about 16 :mad:. I also broke my door after a work event champagne is deceiving :mad2:. I stick to beer and going to the pub every now and then I guess I grew outta it :p.

edczxcvbnm
02-04-2012, 02:53 AM
I have a good story or two about being drunk.

1) In my early days of drinking I made a super suicide drink. We were sitting around playing some Rainbow Six: Vegas at a friends house and I was have a couple of stiff ones. We didn't know when we were going to leave to go out and meet up to play some laser tag at a higher class Chucky Cheese (It isn't so high class now).

After I made my suicide drink we got the call to go. Not to let good alcohol go to waste, I downed that shit and we left. On the way there we passed by some fastfood restaurants and I thought "I should probably get something in me now...NAH I will just get something on the way back". I was already pretty damn drunk by this point and had no clue how hard it would continue to hit me as time went on.

We got there and met up with Sephex and others. Got our tickets to play some tag with lazers and while waiting in line it eventually hit me. I got up and started to look for a garbage can. Mission failed. Vomit on the floor and all over the place. After a few minutes we made our way down to the lower level where I proceeded to continue vomiting in the Mens Restroom. After I thought I was done (and Sephex claims he warned me to just stay there for a bit but since I don't remember this occurrence it doesn't count) I sat out in the dining area and vomited pretty much into my sleeves with my head down on the table. My friends were getting ready to leave and get napkins and cleaned it up. While they were away a security guard or a cop came up to me and I managed to play it cool enough to be left alone. I pretty much told him my friends were getting some stuff to clean this up and then we were gone.

I spent the rest of the night either resting comfortably on the porcelain throne or passed out on the floor while everyone else ate pizza and watched Tron. AWESOME!

Story Two:

I got blasted at the driving while watching Transformer 2 on opening weekend. I was drunk enough to blackout most of the second half of that movie but not so blacked out I don't remember the basics. It was raining hard as hell, the movie was bad as hell and I didn't care. I kept drinking. Stayed outside and watched the movie under and umbrella. Eventually Sephex joined me along with a friend. I became so enraged at what was taking place on the screen in my drunken stupor that when I started to eat some chicken wings and couldn't figure out where to put the bone...I just started throwing them at the screen laughing manically. This was so funny and awesome that Sephex and the friend joined in.

Iceglow
02-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Horsesh-wha? ... Steve? Sensible post?

... Steve. You're being Steve wrong.

But Foaffles, drinking is serious Steve business! Seriously, Steve takes drinking seriously!

Tigmafuzz
02-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Steve should stop referring to himself in the third person >.>