PDA

View Full Version : Would you play a main installment Final Fantasy in the Crystal Chronicles universe?

Lamia
02-02-2012, 03:04 AM
Final Fantasy XII took place in the universe of the Final Fantasy Tactics games--Ivalice. So how about the universe of the Crystal Chronicles series?

Ivalice was greatly expanded on in FFXII... For instance, the way they utilized judges in the storyline of Final Fantasy XII. I also thought XII's art was brilliant and loved seeing the FFT universe in full fledged 3D... humans with only blonde and light brown hair be damned :p

So what about the colorful universe of Crystal Chronicles and its races? Racial cities completely re-imagined and made much bigger and better in order to reach the standards of an FF main installment.

There is a lot that can be done with this setting... It could look like a modern day FF9 aesthetically and perhaps a deep crafting system could be employed. In Crystal Chronicles, crafting was a big deal, you even had to choose which type of crafting family you wanted your character to be in.

Anyway, maybe if they could develop a great crafting system, and perhaps be the first Final Fantasy to have NPCs that interact with eachother (In FFCC, you had to build up your relationship level with your crafting family so that they would craft for you, maybe this could be expanded on by allowing the player to craft and commission other families and build relationships with various other NPCs) and perhaps a real time economy...

Tigmafuzz
02-02-2012, 03:53 AM
This is relevant to my interests. That last paragraph makes me want to call somebody to have you put on the development board.

Del Murder
02-03-2012, 06:04 AM
I'll play any game that's good, no matter what world it's set in.

VeloZer0
02-03-2012, 06:25 AM
I'll play any game that's good, no matter what world it's set in.
Ditto.

Mirage
02-03-2012, 04:22 PM
What Del Murder said.

Jiro
02-03-2012, 05:04 PM
The Crystal Chronicles style certainly wouldn't make for a mainstream entry though. Not in terms of aesthetics, but in terms of gameplay. But hell I'd be willing to try anything.

Mirage
02-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Same universe doesn't necessarily mean same art direction and gameplay.

Jiro
02-03-2012, 09:46 PM
No, that's true. But there are parts of the gameplay that are linked to the plot and setting. If you don't find the balance then you're going to end up with something a little bit ugly.

Mercen-X
02-04-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't have a lot of money, so I can't afford to run out and buy everything that says SQUARE ENIX on it or just even Final Fantasy. However, I take exception to numbered entries (except for XI and XIV, I'm not paying any godforsaken subscription fees), I wish SE would at least release DVD short films for XI and XIV. I would buy those.
But yeah, numbers...