PDA

View Full Version : [XIII-2] Harry Potter Nod ^^

Carl the Llama
02-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Was just going through the naming of my monsters and noticed it included the following names:

Harry
Ginny
Regulus
Remus
Severus

Anyone else notice any other nods towards any other popular media? I was surprised not to find Biggs or Wedge in there.

Del Murder
02-03-2012, 10:40 PM
I haven't named a single monster. Honestly, the monster thing is cool but I'm not really into it. I would have preferred another human character.

Carl the Llama
02-03-2012, 11:52 PM
The whole monster thing in your party is one of my favourite aspects of this game so far, being able to learn all sorts of abilities through fusion is just awesome.

Lets also not forget how awesome its going to be to get a Tonberry in your party.

So far I have capture quite a few monsters but my favourite by far is the Albino Lobo, great magic skills and so powerful.

Skyblade
02-06-2012, 01:26 AM
I like the idea, but I think it is just a little too massive. You have way, way too much customization with your monsters, far more than you have over your main characters. Determining which stats to focus on, the thousands of different infusion possiblities, and combining that with the sheer number of availible monsters, makes the entire thing rather overwhelming.

I wish they had just removed the items from the process. Choosing which monsters to level, which to use, which to infuse, and when would have been enough. Giving them different items which provide different stat boosts just takes the entire system too far. Do I level this monster now, or wait until I can level specifically its magic stat? Should I keep this one on my team, or try to infuse it into a better one. Is this guy going to be awesome once maxed out, or is it going to be a waste of materials and infusions?

The system is just way too huge. I don't know what to do with it. Which is why, although I have captured every monster I have come across so far (and hunted out some of the rare ones, like the Exoray), I have yet to level up any of them.

Carl the Llama
02-06-2012, 07:23 AM
You haven't leveled a single monster?!? Wow... I love the depth of the leveling system, like you say, its rather detailed but thats what makes it so great, and personally I only level my mobs up with potent items (unless its for something like a sent then I don't mind using HP items).

I am entering the final chapter of the game and I am still finding myself using the Albino Lobo (though my blue chocobo is level 60 and will soon surpass him) that's one of the things I love about the levelling system for the monsters, the fact that they don't use CP but items instead makes it more convenient to level new monsters (I am just about to go after the Tonberry and have been hoarding my mats so I can pump his levels up somewhat substantially).

Loony BoB
02-15-2012, 12:32 PM
The system is just way too huge. I don't know what to do with it. Which is why, although I have captured every monster I have come across so far (and hunted out some of the rare ones, like the Exoray), I have yet to level up any of them.
What to do with it: Level up any of them. :p I am amazed at how you can have progressed in this game without leveling a monster at all. How far did you get before you leveled one? =o

Jessweeee♪
02-15-2012, 01:28 PM
You...how do you not level a monster?! Take a chance on an Early Peaker. Their stats can jump from 10 to 500 in like twenty levels. Cactuars in particular will gobble all of your best materials, but they're worth it I think.