PDA

View Full Version : [XIII-2] Monsters

Dr. rydrum2112
02-04-2012, 07:43 PM
I thought we could start a thread where people put the monsters they found most useful/are used by aspect of the game.

Currently, am in episode 3 (beginning),

I find myself using albino lobo for rav, pulse soldier for sen, then for med I was using Cait sith but have switched to spiranthes since it has improved raise.

I haven't done any merging yet- anyone out there know some good ones to start improving to get access to their passive stats?

Carl the Llama
02-04-2012, 08:26 PM
From personal experience I can say that if you want more chance of passive and regular abilities then you should at least level a mob up before feeding it into fusion, my Albino Lobo has Fire, Blizzard, Lightning, Spark Strike and Frost Strike, plus the passive abilities Critical: Vigilance, Magic +16%, Resist Poison +10 % and Resist Lightning +10%

Fire and Lightning were both learned from Fusion (despite being able to learn it through natural progression) and am working of feeding him to get a efw more magical abilities such as the ga range of spells.

With regards to replacing Cait Sith with Sprianthes, I would strongly advise you keep hold of Cait, simply because he can level up to 99 (40 on Spira), can have a max HP of 6304 (1630), Magic 907 (220), Strength 351 (152), and is an al around better beast to have in your party, be warned, as you have no doubt noticed, he is a very late bloomer so he really will seem like a weak monster at first but his magic is only beaten by 2 other medic monsters (White Chocobo 1028 and Haguma 918).

As a rule of thumb, always level a mob as much as you can before fusing it with a mob in your party pack.

Del Murder
02-04-2012, 08:39 PM
I use a bomb thing and a goblin (Munchkin I think) and spiranthes. They cap out at level 20 but so far they have better stats than my human players so it's not a big deal.

Carl the Llama
02-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Fyi, they don't cap at 20, they just require higher grade materials to upgrade, post game play you can buy most upgrade materials from Chocolina.

Dr. rydrum2112
02-11-2012, 03:22 AM
I am about to hit academiaX.

I am using green chocobo for medic, a bunkerbeast for sent, and I just got Lightening for Rav. Before her I was using Blue Chocobo & cloudburst.

I need to figure out some good passives- any ideas out there?

Carl the Llama
02-11-2012, 04:11 AM
I am about to hit academiaX.

I am using green chocobo for medic, a bunkerbeast for sent, and I just got Lightening for Rav. Before her I was using Blue Chocobo & cloudburst.

I need to figure out some good passives- any ideas out there?

Depends on how powerful your party is, Tonberry is a great mob to hunt for passives with Magic and Strength +35% (which are exclusive to him) they are great for Light who uses a mix of both, as for your Medic, I stopped using a Medic Monster a long time ago, I now use Noel and if I am ever in danger Combat Clinic is always a great help (MED MED SEN) with a Silver Chocobo as my Sentinel though thats only for big game hunting when I farm CP (I find Tyrant looking monster on Oerba the best mob for farming CP) anyways back to passives, if you have explored alot of the game you might have one of the following mobs in your captured list: Lucidon, Pulse Gladiator, Forked Cat and Necrosis, they all have the ability HP+30%, with the Necrosis being the most likely source for infusion, it was the only monster I had in my deck when I looked through the list of possible monsters.

There are a whole host of great passives but those 3 are the best ones imo, If you can get Critical: Skillname they are always a great help, Don Tonberry also has a non inheritable skill called Bonus CP... if you cant figure out what it does then you don't need to know xD, there are other mobs that have the skill (also non inheritable) which can be learned by a green chocobo and Pulse Gladiator though I am partial to the Don, cause Tonberries are just awesome.

Skyblade
02-11-2012, 05:37 AM
Fyi, they don't cap at 20, they just require higher grade materials to upgrade, post game play you can buy most upgrade materials from Chocolina.

Early Peaker monsters do cap at 20, it even says so in the Datalog. Most others go higher, though.

Carl the Llama
02-11-2012, 06:10 AM

Early Peaker monsters do cap at 20, it even says so in the Datalog. Most others go higher, though.

I wasn't talking about all of them, at the time the only monster I had that he had mentioned was the Spiranthes which has a level cap of 40.

Loony BoB
02-13-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm rotating...

1. Misty (Silver Chocobo) - Sentinel, L45.
2. Cait Sith - Medic, L99.
3. Malcolm (Chocobo) - Commando, around L54.
4. Walt (Some robot ravager you get early-ish in the game) - L40.

Misty aside, I've leveled them using whatever I can get my hands on rather than sticking to Potents etc. So I will inevitably get a few more chocobos leveled up to take on the Medic, Commando and Ravager roles in time.