PDA

View Full Version : Rawr!

ShineTheLion
02-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Hey everyone!

I just joined the forum here so I'm swinging by to introduce myself. You can just call me Shine. A couple years back I created a final-fantasy inspired character that I use for art and online roleplay named Shine Augustine, who is an anthropomorphic white lion, so I decided to use him as my avatar and name here.

Anyway, I have been a huge final fantasy fan for as long as I can remember. I think my first FF experience was Mystic Quest actually. Lol. I have gone on to play and complete most of the main series games, though I have not played 1, 2, 3, 5, or the two MMOs (11 and 14). I played maybe halfway through 4 and lost interest, and only a little ways into 9 before losing interest. Sorry, I tried! I guess going back to clunky graphics and slooooow ATB turn based battles is just a little difficult for me as a fan of mostly the modern FF games. My favorites are 6, 10, and 13 (13-2 included), though I loved 7 and 8 just as much as anyone else who loves those games! I also completed 10-2. Not much to say about that lol. 1000 Words was nice...

I love to discuss plot concepts and theories about the games and characters, and I love to read and share opinions about my feelings regarding each of the games, so you'll probably see me on a lot of opinion-related poll and review posts more than anything.

Warm hugs and roars from this side. Take care everyone, and I'm glad to be here!

-Shine

Pike
02-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Welcome, Shine! Stick around and enjoy your stay!

Freya
02-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Oooo so is your avatar of your creation? Like you drew it? That's pretty neat.

You should try IX again, since it's, ya know, the best. I think you'll fit in if you like to talk FF. We have a bunch of sections for each game so it wont be hard to find one you can settle into well

WELCOME TO EOFF! And hope you stick around mister lionface.

Hollycat
02-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Hi Shine! Welcome to EoFF! Hope you have lots of fun and post lots!

Tigmafuzz
02-05-2012, 10:25 PM
I have high hopes for this member.

ShineTheLion
02-06-2012, 01:32 AM
I wish I could say I drew my avatar image! I have drawn some pictures of Shine, but not the one I'm using for my avatar. My drawings aren't quite as good, but maybe I'll post one on here as an avatar or profile pic someday. Hehe. I paid someone to draw the one I'm using. :P

I don't know if I'll ever get into 9. It really just didn't draw me in at all, and I don't think I can force it. I didn't care for any of the characters (cept maybe vivi), and the battle system was soooo sloooow. I doubt I'll ever try to play it again. I really had high hopes for it and gave it a shot since so many people like it, but eh. It's not my style. I could maybe force my way through it if I had a friend to play the 2 player mode with me, but that's the only way I could see it happening. Lol.

Bubba
02-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome! :D

Good to have you here!

ShineTheLion
02-06-2012, 07:29 PM
I have a new Forum Signature. Rawwwwwwr! Might make the image smaller though, as often as I post. I don't want to flood the place with my picture. Lol.

Freya
02-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Ah don't worry, we have much more active posters with much more obnoxious sigs. You're alright!

Hollycat
02-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Ah don't worry, we have much more active posters with much more obnoxious sigs. You're alright!
You aren't talking about mine are you?

Yeah, shine don't worry, that wont be distracting. there are much larger ones, and lots of people (me and freya for example) who post tons and tons of times a day.

ShineTheLion
02-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Awesome! Well, then I guess I'll fit right in. I just realized it can be turned off rather easily right there in the quick reply window, as well. That's always a plus. :tongue:

Freya
02-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes I was Hypo :D

Yeah you'll be fine. JUST STICK WITH US AND eventually we get so use to it we kinda ignore it heh

The Best Newbie
02-06-2012, 09:11 PM
YAY Newbie! Stop by the chat sometime!! We love new people!

Freya
02-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Stop collecting them there! It's like blackened earth x.x

Fujiko
02-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Welcome to eoff! *glitters* ^____^

Kossage
02-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Mystic Quest had kickass music. :)

Anyways, welcome to EoFF! Enjoy your stay!