PDA

View Full Version : [XIII-2] XIII-2's Final Boss (Spoilers Ahead!)

ShineTheLion
02-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Okay, I just wanted to "squee" a little bit. This is the coolest final boss I have seen in any FF game in quite some time! Definitely cooler than the final boss of its predecessor.

When I saw the three Bahamuts appear, after all those damn battles with Chaos Bahamut and Caius, I was ready to throw in the towel. I think I almost soiled myself. My first thought when I saw them appear was "YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS! Wait.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Because at first they looked so awesome, then I was really intimidated by the fact that I was going to have to fight them all at once. D:

Lol, I was seriously scared to fight them. Apparently I didn't grind enough in this game because after having only moderate difficulty with the bosses leading up to this one, it took me about 3 hours of trying to finally beat the Bahamut Trio, and the duration of my final victory battle was 25 minutes! It was very frustrating! D:

Anyway, what do you think about the dragons? Pretty cool eh!? EH?

Silent Warrior
02-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Aye! I didn't get the impression they were real antagonists, though (with That Fellow(tm) toast, who's controlling 'em? Plothole tremendae?), but the fight was absolutely epic! Now, if I can only get my hands on that music...

PS. I think I spent even more time on this fight than you did. HA! (And then I swapped my MED monster for a RAV with 3+x HP and chained the buggers to bits. PWNED!)

ShineTheLion
02-06-2012, 05:36 PM
True, they did seem to come out of nowhere. I was under the impression that Caius was controlling them... or that he WAS them... or that he transformed into Jet Bahamut and just summoned the other two. It really didn't explain it too well I suppose, but I think FF tends to take a little artistic liberty with their final bosses sometimes just for fun and epic-ness.

Carl the Llama
02-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Was a very tough battle, I only died once, then it was down to a simple system:

P Pack: Blue Chocobo (RAV) lv.99, Silver Chocobo (SEN) lv.45.

Riot Shield (RAV SYN SEN)
Combat Clinic (MED MED SEN)
Relentless Assault (RAV COM RAV)
Tortoise (SEN SEN SEN)

Start with Riot and throw a librascope out, wait till all 3 are buffed, switch to RA (healing if needed) till garnet is down (you might try to debuff him with a sab but its just a waste of time, its like they have the spell on refresh, once Garnet is down start doing the same with Amber till she has very little health left (about 5%) then go back to Riot so you can rebuff, then comes the main man, with Jet he will cast poison and another status which you should get rid of with a quick burst of CC then back to RA and get his chain gauge up, use Ultima Arrow once staggered and don't worry about the time, just keep plugging away at him till the gauge hits 999 then switch to Noel and use Meteor Javalin to dish out some hefty damage, pretty soon you will notice (careful eye on the screen here) a countdown, as soon as you see the countdown switch to Tortoise (no use waiting, the countdown goes very quick and you could miss it, this is what killed me the first time) the Garnet and Amber dragons will eventually respawn... this is where you have to be careful, if Amber and Garnet are alive when he does the countdown it will almost certainly kill you, he killed me with this move while I didn't notice it and delt out 5k+ to each of my characters, anyways just rinse and repeat till the bastard goes down.

:D

Del Murder
02-11-2012, 09:00 AM
It was a cool and challenging final battle. But wasn't Bahamut Fang's summon? Can he be two things?

ShineTheLion
02-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Del Murder, I think the Eidolons are more or less messengers of the goddess Etro, and can be summoned by whoever the goddess chooses to allow. Also, since it is "Chaos Bahamut" and "Jet Bahamut", I'm not sure if this is even the same Bahamut Fang had. The first form looks the same but the color scheme is quite different.

Loony BoB
02-13-2012, 01:22 PM
I kinda walked this fight. >_>; I must have spent a buttload more time fighting things while doing random sidequests (pre-final-boss) than most people did. xD But yeah, I think I beat them in about 20 minutes... at a guess, though. Might have been ten, might have been 30! But I only had to kill each of the side-dragons three times to kill the Jet Bahamut.

nirojan
02-18-2012, 06:38 AM
It was a long fight for me. I was pretty over powered for most of the game, but this fight took me about 30 minutes to finish. I tried to rush through after your kill Garnet and Amber (I think that's their names), but after dieing a few times, I decided to take it slow and steady and buff/debuff and SEN/SEN/MED every big EXO/TERA/whatever-attack. I remember flying through FFXIII's final bosses, but this one was quite the challenge. Once you get the pattern it's just a steady knife-to-the-gut victory.

Sephex
02-18-2012, 07:30 AM
I went in headstrong without any wound potions and very few phoenix downs. I died twice and barely squeezed by the battle in 42 minutes the third time. It was a fun and challenging battle, however. I loved it.

DMKA
02-18-2012, 05:54 PM
It was probably the most challenging final boss since...IV's. :p

I very much liked it.

Jessweeee♪
02-20-2012, 06:29 PM
I got it on the first try, but it really kept me on my toes! That's my ideal level of difficulty.

Del Murder
02-20-2012, 07:04 PM
The best thing about this boss fight was that it was different. It wasn't just some ultra-powerful enemy with a lot of HP. You had to do specific things to take it down and I like that.

Merton9999
02-24-2012, 10:09 PM
The best thing about this boss fight was that it was different. It wasn't just some ultra-powerful enemy with a lot of HP. You had to do specific things to take it down and I like that.

I liked the challenge of the fight but honestly was a bit bored by the enemy design. I was hoping for something more original looking than a bunch of Bahamuts. I actually liked the look of Orphan. That little face was creepy. Although, Jet and his homeys were definitely better than the overgrown Jerry Garcia and pathetic little bug in FFX. I also like the name "Jet Bahamut" :)

I don't quite like the battle theme in it either, even after a few plays from the OST. It's not bad, it just didn't grab me as much as many of the other tracks in this great soundtrack. Then again, I can't remember a great final boss theme since The Extreme in VIII, or even a memorable regular boss battle theme since VII's. Last Hunter and Blinded By Light are spectacular though, so it's all good.

Del Murder
02-24-2012, 11:17 PM
I prefer fighting an iconic character like Bahamut as the final boss rather than some random ugly diety.

Loony BoB
02-28-2012, 01:17 PM
The major downside for the 'feeling' of the final battle for me was that it didn't really feel like I was fighting Caius at that point, but rather his summoned bodyguards. I always prefer a VII-esque fight to the death against the individual you have been hunting down since the first third of the game. I don't like Orphan/Ultimecia styled fights where you are up against someone you didn't really think of as the ultimate baddy, nor am I that keen on considering the Bahamut battles the "final boss". If I'm going to fight someone, it should feel like I am genuinely fighting the ultimate bad guy. Not his minions or some floozy I just met.

Del Murder
02-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah, the Bahamut fight should have been followed by a one on one battle with Noel and Caius. Not as hard as the final boss, but still difficult enough that you get some satisfaction over what happened next.

SE really likes making you fight the main antagonist and then proceed to some unrelated final final encounter with a big giant meanie (FFIV and IX come to mind).

Jessweeee♪
02-28-2012, 05:55 PM
I liked FFX's final battle best. It was an ugly diety you didn't really know much about, but not a random ugly diety that came out of nowhere.

Sword
02-28-2012, 09:56 PM
So am I the only one who figured Jet Bahamut was Caius? Didn't feel like a random final boss to me, Jet Bahamut felt and looked very much like another incarnation of Caius, and it's attacks reflected Caius too. Also Caius transforms into Chaos Bahamut, rather than summoning it, so it seems logical that he transforms into Jet Bahamut too.

Del Murder
02-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Well, yeah, Jet was the darkness within him or whatever crap. Just like Zeromus was really just Zemus's hatred.

Loony BoB
02-29-2012, 04:01 PM
So am I the only one who figured Jet Bahamut was Caius? Didn't feel like a random final boss to me, Jet Bahamut felt and looked very much like another incarnation of Caius, and it's attacks reflected Caius too. Also Caius transforms into Chaos Bahamut, rather than summoning it, so it seems logical that he transforms into Jet Bahamut too.
Oh, yeah, you see him transform into Bahamut on regular occasions and I know it's technically Caius, but for me it's sort of similar to the old summons that would replace your characters within a battle when you called upon them. I know it's not the same, but when it comes to really feeling like you're facing the big bad guy, this doesn't cut it for me. If Jet Bahamut was turned to dust, Caius would just 'pop' back with no worse than a need to catch his breath, and that for me lacks the impact of, for example, facing Sephiroth in his final forms (in which he is clearly, visibly, Sephiroth).