PDA

View Full Version : I demand to know your passwords

Psychotic
02-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Post them all here. I just want to send strange PMs to other members from your account.

I have a topic though too. How many different passwords do you have to remember? And how on earth do you manage it? I have eight to remember at work and there's around the same I use on a regular basis in my personal life. And let's not forget PIN Numbers and things too!

I don't use the same password for anything unless it's some throwaway account at a site I had to sign up for once to use. I have a ridiculously good memory which is how I know them all but if you have any cool tips or tricks feel free to share 'em!

Hollycat
02-08-2012, 07:05 PM
My password is 奎恩有疱疹

I have seven passwords, thats about my limt right now.

Carl the Llama
02-08-2012, 07:11 PM
My MSN password expires every 72 days, a while ago it was idspispopd404708 before that it was dnkr0z1983... now though its *cough* yes xD

Bunny
02-08-2012, 07:14 PM
bacontrousersnake

My passwords usually consist of a half-anagram of my full name, a series of consecutive numbers, and a symbol or two for entertainment value. I change my passwords every month or two depending on how creative I am feeling.

Freya
02-08-2012, 07:16 PM
I have a few, and they tend to have different variations of themselves. But I have about 3 different ones. Depending on what I want to protect.

One is a number with two words
the other is a word and a series of numbers
and the last is just a combo of numbers.

The order of the numbers and words flips around but once you know the first one, it gets into most of my stuff.

Sephex
02-08-2012, 07:29 PM
psychoticrules123

Parker
02-08-2012, 08:49 PM
i use oplop in conjunction with keepass to remember my randomly generated passwords cos i'm l33t as h3ck

tho my eoff pass is an old one i remember by heart and could probably e bruteforced so go ahead i guess

Bubba
02-08-2012, 11:00 PM
My password for most things is 5318008.

Also, if you type this into a calculator and turn it upside down it spells 'boobies'...

Shiny
02-08-2012, 11:44 PM
My email passwords, this site, a few other sites like Facebook, YouTube, and others. Altogether I've memorized close to twenty. The rest I just save in my email. Out of those twenty, most of them are very different. I manage to remember things by typing them out repeatedly. I tend to remember random words and numbers rather than personal life related passwords. Which is also why I tend to remember people's phone numbers if I have to write or dial them a lot.

Shlup
02-09-2012, 12:04 AM
I have a low security password for piddly sites not attached to my identity, high security passwords for other things, and then EoFF gets its very own password. Often I can't remember what password I use for a site, but if I just close my eyes and type it it's usually the right one.

Hollycat
02-09-2012, 12:14 AM
My actual passwords usually involve the name of the site.

fire_of_avalon
02-09-2012, 01:32 AM
I have... *counts...* 7 passwords I use on a regular basis at work. Like once a day. In my personal life I have five passwords that vary depending on how much I care about the website. Banks and things like that have their own passwords. EoFF has it's own. Everything else has something silly and difficult.

I remember all of my passwords.

NorthernChaosGod
02-09-2012, 01:35 AM
I don't even remember most of my passwords anymore since I use FF to remember my passwords. I just type in a long password when I start FF and it fills in all my info for me.

I do have to remember passwords for school stuff though and they're complicated enough that I'm happy with them.

Tigmafuzz
02-09-2012, 03:13 AM
I feel prepared for this thread. I have a list with every username and password I use for every site. Not just blatantly scribbled across a page, but with a simple code. It uses various Greek letters and Kanji symbols (among other things) in place of certain letters and numbers. ζ = A, 色 = a, ¤ = B, ﷼ = b, and so forth.
I have exactly fourteen different passwords for 33 different sites/accounts (online games, filesharing accounts, etc.), only 8 of which I actually go to.
For this site, my password consists of the last four digits of my social security number in reverse, followed by the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th digits of my cell number, followed by EoFF and then the word GATE. I try to use an anagram or abbreviation of the each site for its password, and usually incorporate the word GATE into it in some way. I think I'm going to change my password for this site to something more simple, though. Like "cheese" or "BananaHammock" or something.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-09-2012, 03:31 AM
Wow. My passwords seem pretty titty compared to CloudStrife777's

I use...lets see... five different ones for work. Well, four and a pin number. They are usually something simple like fuckOOMA12## or fuckASM12## OOMAisgay12##. Actually, those were my last ones. I think I consolidated most of them to qweQWE123## for now. That and #EDC3edc.

But for home it is way different. My supersecretsquirrel password, the one I use for my email and bank accounts is in a different language. And my regular use password is pretty decently hard to figure out, even if you had my hint.

So yeah, five at work and two at home. And I forget the ones for work all the time.

Pike
02-09-2012, 03:43 AM
I have a rotation of like ten different passwords, most of which are based off of a few related "core" words, with some sort of variant (so it's not just a word), followed by numbers and/or symbols. Often these are "themed", so all of my work passwords might have to do with, say, ponies or something. I also have a few different PIN numbers.

I'm usually pretty good at keeping track of it all but sometimes I forget. I started writing them all down, alphabetized by site, and it's really handy. If someone ever finds this secret list I'm probably screwed, but I like living on the edge.

Tigmafuzz
02-09-2012, 03:47 AM
I like living on the edge.
Like this?
http://blog.thefoundationstone.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/living-on-the-edge.jpg

Madonna
02-09-2012, 05:23 AM
Have thirty, Psychotic. All legitimately open something of mine.

jomoko
i40p48g<~+24j(N
yamatese
ja5pp47eni2ng
0kl4fwum
d0y0ul1k3sug4r
p34ches
anonan0n
ichigomuffin
58kNgW973
l13slies
jimmy3dogs
aunugget4u
n8r2#f49/hm
s0cr34zie0
hp0hu4nidkr3a
590mgw958
z3da1wwnidkr3a
hkr0h3daw9
uW4l6tP0e
4xM@brRy/4
kekezergkeke
1finds4keeps
;p657KYxu$w"XeH
rubicant3
17m1n0t4ur0
geniuslynx
!WSummon5,000Chocobo
d4U3etsyu4Al8v
q8SHn924Lkk

Tigmafuzz
02-09-2012, 05:40 AM
i40p48g<~+24j(N
ja5pp47eni2ng
d0y0ul1k3sug4r
58kNgW973
n8r2#f49/hm
s0cr34zie0
hp0hu4nidkr3a
590mgw958
z3da1wwnidkr3a
hkr0h3daw9
uW4l6tP0e
4xM@brRy/4
;p657KYxu$w"XeH
17m1n0t4ur0
q8SHn924Lkk
I'm going to use these for stuff. They look fairly secure.

geniuslynx
d4U3etsyu4Al8v
I wonder what these go to xD

Pheesh
02-09-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't care how many times I get hacked, I'll keep 'luvz2spooj69' till the day I die.

Loony BoB
02-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Three different passwords for work covering roughly ten different programs.
Four or five 'base' passwords for non-work things, one or two of which there are many variations to it.

Psychotic
02-09-2012, 05:40 PM
I am glad I made this thread, it has been very enlightening. Thank you for your responses!

Parker
02-09-2012, 05:50 PM
i used to think admin could see the passwords so i'd have whichever adminhadwrongedme-sux420 as my pass to try get back at em

Peegee
02-09-2012, 05:51 PM
none of these gd passwords work

you're all jack-a-ninnies and need to get banned

my password used to be abcdef. it was that for many many years until i lost my phone last year. then i changed it. just in case.

Jiro
02-09-2012, 06:32 PM
I have three passwords and about six variations of each. It makes it hard when I'm trying to remember and I reach the max failed attempts before I'm even halfway through.

Iceglow
02-11-2012, 11:38 PM
In work I have to remember a fair few passwords. They are however all super easy stuff. Like believe it or not but to get on to the intranet the password is literally that. There's also often just the word password and a number at the end (though these access merely our desktop clients) In my department we broke tradition and actually have a different password, though since it ends in a number and expires about every 50 days it's annoying since sometimes idiots change it early or change the numbers wrong and they don't inform us of the change. I also need my till sign on password, my store database and operations system password, the password for the tablets, password for graphics ordering systems, password for the default store account on the operations system, passwords set upon all tablets and a network access key for the apple network in store so we can hook tablets in to it. All in all about 7 passwords all of them are pretty easy however.

At home I have to remember about 10 - 15 different passwords, some however are variations on the same one. As for my EoFF password Paul should know this since it was created by him after me and him were dicking around. I believe I forgot my password or he got bored with me and decided I ought to have a new one. My password is currently epic and true facts.

Rantz
02-16-2012, 10:38 PM
I used to have one password for everything. Then I switched to random passwords like iD934jKb, one for each site, written down in a notebook. Then I decided on a system to have different secure passwords for each site but in a way I could reconstrue them using the name of the site, so that I didn't have to write them down anywhere. Then I changed that system because the system was too easy to figure out.

... I have a pretty secure system now. >.> Of course, even mentioning that I use a system like that compromises my password security. But hey, it's not "1234"...

Laddy
02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
ilovejesus