PDA

View Full Version : I like parties

Peegee
02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/183359_10150143908090726_51204660725_8388283_7673652_n.jpg

From what I can tell: Steve Jobs (Apple), Reed Hastings (NetFlix) , ? , Eric Schmidt (Google), Art Levinson (Genentec) , John Doerr (Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers), Steve Westly (Westly Group) , Larry Ellison (Oracle), ? , John Chambers (Cisco), Carol Bartz (Yahoo!), Dick Costolo (Twitter) , ? , Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook), Barack Obama.

Do you guys like to host parties or do you prefer to go to parties? If you go to parties, do you bring a gift or food or just show up with your cool bad ass self?

I usually don't host parties because my parents are Chinese. But when they travel to China I plan to have an evening with my colleagues at work. We're going to have seafood and lots of fun.

Otherwise what I do is go to a party and bring something alcoholic. like wine or spirits.

n____n

Sephex
02-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I never have hosted a party, but I have been to plenty of them of all shapes, sizes, and circumstances. If I am asked to bring something, I will. If it involves alcohol, I usually try to get a ride or just crash at the place in question.

Maybe if I get a big enough place one day, I will host a party, but everyone will have to dress up in 100% perfect Final Fantasy IX costumes.

Parties are indeed fun!

EDIT: I keep misreading the title "I like panties."

Pike
02-10-2012, 02:30 AM
I don't go to parties because I'm an agoraphobic introvert.

But if I did, I would party with Pinkie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sryqaS07WaU).

fire_of_avalon
02-10-2012, 02:58 AM
I am a kickass hostess and party planner. Kick. Ass.

But I don't do it very often. When I go to parties, sometimes I bring food or drink. Or Jack Daniels.

He's my main squeeze and all.

NorthernChaosGod
02-10-2012, 05:20 AM
I don't even think I should be posting in this thread because I don't go to "adult" parties. I like going to parties more than hosting them, because then I'm not responsible for any clean up or logistics. :D

I only bring booze if it's BYOB.

Chris
02-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I like cooking for parties, but actually hosting one is a tricky and bothersome ordeal. It demands effort and the assumption that you actually like the people you have (certain family members!) to invite.

Shiny
02-12-2012, 12:22 AM
If it's a birthday party then sure, I bring something. Otherwise I just bring myself and one guest. I have the one guest rule because when I go to parties alone there is always some weirdo there who tries to pick me up. The key is to bring one friend: a girl or guy and pretend you're shacking up with them. :monster: