PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on Forgetting Females

Jiro
02-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Who is your favourite female character in the Final Fantasy series? It can be anyone, from Princess Sarah (FFI) to Nora (FFXIII) or even Terra (FFVI). I don't care who you pick so long as you tell me why you like them!

There is no poll because a limit of 20 options does not nearly cater!

As for myself, I think my favourite female character is Garnet. I wrote a two and a half thousand word article on it for dear Loony BoB as homework, but suffice to say that her development from helpless little princess to tough, decisive and battle-hardened queen was really very endearing. The fact that she forgives Zidane so very quickly is not a favourite trait of mine though. She should have smacked his smug little face in!

Gamblet
02-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Edea, I like her appearance and personality.

Flying Arrow
02-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Aeris. Aside from the fact that she's an Earth Princess or whatever, she's generally a good depiction of a regular city girl. Lately she's portrayed as soft and sweet, but in the actual game she has her share of snarky comments and manipulative moments. Before everything gets crazy, she's really only interested in landing Cloud as a squeeze. Not in the *WITHOUT YOU I'M NOTHING* kind of way, but more in the mid-20s companionship kind of way. Plus, the whole thing with Zack/Cloud is just... neurotic, but still somehow understandable. She's a really great character.

I also really like Garnet because she has a really great character arc from naive princess to strong queen (cliche, yeah, but pulled off very nicely).

Hollycat
02-10-2012, 04:55 PM
tifa or garnett for me. tifa has something about her that seems innocent, and garnet grows up more than any other character in the series

Gamblet
02-10-2012, 05:04 PM
ifa has something about her that seems innocent.
(.)(.) Boobs are innocent, aren't they?

Quindiana Jones
02-10-2012, 05:07 PM
In absolutely no way, no.

Hollycat
02-10-2012, 05:09 PM
yes, because blocky boobs are attractive

Sephex
02-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Rydia. I felt like her character was fleshed out well, especially considering the time that Final Fantasy IV was made. She's also a bad ass that can summon a ****ing dragon from the moon to nuke everything as far as the eye can see.

Gamblet
02-10-2012, 06:20 PM
In absolutely no way, no.

:kakapo:

yes, because blocky boobs are attractive

:kakapo:

Depression Moon
02-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Garnet Til Alexandros because out of all the females I know from the series she shows the most growth coming from a naive young girl to a queen willing to do all it takes to save her people.

Bubba
02-10-2012, 11:26 PM
I would have to go with Barret Wallace. She's just so sexy. Her grasp of the English isn't the best but that's just cute. She's kind of a 'treat em mean, keep em keen' kind of girl. She's always putting me down but that just makes me want her more.

She's got tattoos which definitely gives her a certain edge! Although she only has one arm, she has special attachments for the other which look like they could be useful... if you know what I mean!

Plus, when you look at her from the side, it looks like she might have a huge, black... wait, what??

Tigmafuzz
02-11-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm going to say it's either Yuffie or Aeris.
Yuffie for the sake of self-preservation and efficiency, Aeris for the sake of... well, it's Aeris. As Flying Arrow said, she was a very relatable and believable character.

Sephex
02-11-2012, 04:08 AM
I would have to go with Barret Wallace. She's just so sexy. Her grasp of the English isn't the best but that's just cute. She's kind of a 'treat em mean, keep em keen' kind of girl. She's always putting me down but that just makes me want her more.

She's got tattoos which definitely gives her a certain edge! Although she only has one arm, she has special attachments for the other which look like they could be useful... if you know what I mean!

Plus, when you look at her from the side, it looks like she might have a huge, black... wait, what??

We all have made this mistake at least once in our lifetime. It's alright, man. It's alright.

Loony BoB
02-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Tifa. Of the girls I've seen in the various games so far, I would say she comes across as the most interesting and genuine. It helps that she is attractive, it helps that she is in the first FF I played (and my favourite game of all time), it helps that she is shown next to Aeris, who I simply could never stand in that game. I guess overall, though, I just like how there is a lot left to the imagination - well, obviously not much in the looks department, but in her mind. She kind of reminded me of girls I was into at the time, too - shy but attractive girls who weren't interested in throwing themselves at the guys they think is cute (a la Aeris), but rather just relying a little more on romance and having dreams and all that.

I'm reading far too much into it, of course, but that's pretty much the only purpose of this thread, right? xD

Del Murder
02-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Terra is my favorite. She is the link between two races and must deal with that. She's extremely powerful without the use of espers and that power causes her to be abused, but she eventually overcomes that. She also has a strong motherly sense and wants to protect those she cares about. Those are a lot of interesting qualities and it makes her a dynamic character.

Jiro
02-12-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm reading far too much into it, of course, but that's pretty much the only purpose of this thread, right? xD

That's not even a purpose let alone the purpose. You underestimate me BoBson.

Bolivar
02-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Ashe. She's considerably young when the game starts but she's already had so much horrible ish happen to her, she's been through so much. It was really heartbreaking the second time I saw the flashback scene where she reminisces of when she first met her prince and how kind and innocent she was back then. She's completely consumed by her thirst for revenge and as such she's impulsive, naive, and it leads to people getting killed. After finding out about her own past, the truth behind everything, and the destiny the gods have picked out for her, she manages to rise above like the typical Matsuno protagonist and choose the path of right, in order to end the conflict and the mindset of moral ambiguity that lead to everything being so horrible. She learns to let go of her prince and do what's right for everyone. That's real character progression.

Tifa definitely has a big place, too, she was probably my favorite until my second playthrough of FFXII. BoB just about summed it up very nicely.

Flying Arrow
02-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Chiming in again to agree with Boli and BoB. Tifa and Ashe are really great, too. Tifa's always been one of my favourites and Ashe... well, I don't remember a lot of specifics about Ashe but I did think she had good characterization and ended up using her as party leader for almost my entire playthrough of XII.

Shlup
02-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Porom! Girl is hella cute. Also maybe Rydia. Or Terra. Or Lightning.

Hollycat
02-18-2012, 04:44 AM
Porom! Girl is hella cute. Also maybe Rydia. Or Terra. Or Lightning.

Hella

http://diplomaticourier.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/cartman11.jpg

Del Murder
02-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Amanda just gained hella respect in my eyes.

Kenshin IV
02-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Aeris is far and away my favorite gal, but there's plenty of room in my heart for Terra, Tifa, Rydia, Garnet, Celes, and Yuna as well (probably in that order). If I can count ladies outside of the main series, Agrias would certainly be on that list somewhere.

Forsaken Lover
02-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Probably that chick in the bar in Dollet.

Freya
02-21-2012, 10:11 AM
Freya :love:

Miriel
02-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Tifa.

Because she punched and kicked people, and as a 11 year old girl, I thought that was awesome.

Depression Moon
02-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Amanda just gained hella respect in my eyes.

I had to Google this. What an obscure character. You posted an obscure character just to be cool and different huh?

Del Murder
02-23-2012, 04:01 AM
Yes, in an effort to fit in.

Hollycat
02-23-2012, 04:25 AM
???

Quindiana Jones
02-23-2012, 07:10 PM
I haven't even played the game but I know about Porom and Polom.

Jiro
02-23-2012, 10:57 PM
I haven't even played the game but I know about Porom and Polom.

One of these folks is not like the other one :monster:

Quindiana Jones
02-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Whatever. They're both just Zorn and Thorn.

Wolf Kanno
02-25-2012, 06:22 AM
Terra is my favorite. She is the link between two races and must deal with that. She's extremely powerful without the use of espers and that power causes her to be abused, but she eventually overcomes that. She also has a strong motherly sense and wants to protect those she cares about. Those are a lot of interesting qualities and it makes her a dynamic character.

Ashe. She's considerably young when the game starts but she's already had so much horrible ish happen to her, she's been through so much. It was really heartbreaking the second time I saw the flashback scene where she reminisces of when she first met her prince and how kind and innocent she was back then. She's completely consumed by her thirst for revenge and as such she's impulsive, naive, and it leads to people getting killed. After finding out about her own past, the truth behind everything, and the destiny the gods have picked out for her, she manages to rise above like the typical Matsuno protagonist and choose the path of right, in order to end the conflict and the mindset of moral ambiguity that lead to everything being so horrible. She learns to let go of her prince and do what's right for everyone. That's real character progression.

These two would be my vote.

Gamblet
02-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Whatever. They're both just Zorn and Thorn.

Oh wow, I have never thought about that reference to FF IV.