PDA

View Full Version : [XIII-2] Question about closing gates

Spawn of Sephiroth
02-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Ok, so I just finished up the game last night, and I plan on going for the paradox endings. I know you have to close the gates, and replay through some of the areas, so my question is is if you close a gate to play through again, do I lose all the fragments that I found in that area and items I found, or does just the story part the only thing that resets?

Carl the Llama
02-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Its only the story that resets, it remembers everything else, for instance, in Augusta Tower you don't have to go into the computer room to activate the lift, its already activated.

Silent Warrior
02-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Oh, mind that you don't do like I do and nearly have a seizure: You can reopen the gates afterwards. No need to play halfway through the game again...

It seems that the only thing you only get one shot at is what weapon you choose to make with the Chaos Crystal.

Carl the Llama
02-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Oh, mind that you don't do like I do and nearly have a seizure: You can reopen the gates afterwards. No need to play halfway through the game again...

It seems that the only thing you only get one shot at is what weapon you choose to make with the Chaos Crystal.

I have Serah's DLC sword so I don't need to use the CC on her weapon :D

Loony BoB
02-13-2012, 01:24 PM
One thing I will say is that it is a royal pain in the arse having to get the paradox endings that require you to go into "The Void Beyond" or whatever it was called. You know. The dreamy places. Urgh. So much to do just to get to one ending, let alone three!

Carl the Llama
02-14-2012, 04:17 AM
One thing I will say is that it is a royal pain in the arse having to get the paradox endings that require you to go into "The Void Beyond" or whatever it was called. You know. The dreamy places. Urgh. So much to do just to get to one ending, let alone three!

I assume your talking about the Paradox Endings named Beneath a Timeless Sky, Fate and Freedom and Heir to Chaos? I found them relatively easy to get, remember you don't have to be force fed the cut scenes, just pause and skip them, takes about 5 minutes, and you only have to do it twice, just do Fate and Freedom them Heir to Chaos, the games doesn't put you back at academy once you see the first one, just back where you talk to Light again, and decline her offer this time then go on to do Heir to Chaos.