PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

SwordFox
02-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Yup, I only get one chance to make a first impression and I went with "howdy".

I'm 20 and live in the UK. I've been a gamer since I was about five years old and a massively rabid fan of Final Fantasy since... Well, whenever it was I first played Final Fantasy VIII. :p

It must have been a year or two before Final Fantasy IX came out, anyways, as I'm pretty sure I remember getting FF9 soon after (if not on) release day. Final Fantasy IX also happens to be my all-time favourite FF game and I'm currently playing through it again on my PSP.

Seeing as I'm addicted to the game right now to the point listening to the soundtrack almost obsessively when I'm not playing it and am loving it every bit as much as the first time I played it - maybe even more so, what with nostalgia and all that - I thought it was about time I actually joined an FF community to talk about awesome FF-related things and awesomeness in general.

And just to spoil the intro post, I noticed that there's an MLP thread going on. I'm also a brony, though I won't go on about it outside of the appropriate thread, so no need to worry about some newbie spamming up the forum with pictures of ponies.

I always make intro posts a bit tl;dr and too formal, so feel free to ask anything and... Y'know, I might well answer. :D

tl;dr - 20, gamer, FF9, brony, not as uptight as I sound.

Hi! :)

Tigmafuzz
02-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Well howdy from Texas ^.^
IX is a lot of people's favorite. And there's a lot of brony love going on. I think you'll fit in just fine.

Hollycat
02-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Howdy from Texas 1.1

Welcome to eoff!

Pheesh
02-11-2012, 02:16 AM
Welcome, hope you have fun and stick around!

Jiro
02-11-2012, 02:32 AM
We should rename ourselves Eyes on MLP because there are so many of you folks around. Welcome though, it's good to have you on board.

Freya
02-11-2012, 04:01 AM
You can show your brony love in your sig or avatar at least!

You love IX? Well, you see I too love IX. Surprised huh? I always love new blood in my precious IX section :3 Don't be afraid to post there or well anywhere! We don't bite... on any normally visible skin ;) Just don't forget us. You're now a member ergo we love you and are now family. :D

Tigmafuzz
02-11-2012, 07:13 AM
And we take good care of our family. Real good care...

SwordFox
02-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks everyone for all the welcomes! :D

You can show your brony love in your sig or avatar at least!
In that case... I shall keep my avatar as something MLP-related for now, seeing as I don't have anything better to put there at the moment.:p

Pike
02-11-2012, 12:48 PM
A Dashie? Excellent.

Bubba
02-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Welcome! I'm from the UK too up in sunny Manchester.

Here's wishing you and your fellow bronies lots of frolicking fun in the fields of EOFF!

SwordFox
02-13-2012, 08:27 PM
A Dashie? Excellent.
Rainbow Dash is best pony. :P

Welcome! I'm from the UK too up in sunny Manchester.

Here's wishing you and your fellow bronies lots of frolicking fun in the fields of EOFF!
Thanks!

Ah, Manchester. I've never been there. I'd like to go there at some point though, just for a look around. I'm closer to London myself, though still about 40 miles away from the city.

Pike
02-13-2012, 09:23 PM
A Dashie? Excellent.

That's now how you spell Twilight Sparkle! ;)

Agent Proto
02-13-2012, 10:11 PM
A Dashie? Excellent.

That's now how you spell Twilight Sparkle! ;)

Agreed. Unless you meant to say "not how".

Pike
02-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Foiled by my own typos :(

Hollycat
02-14-2012, 12:23 AM
A Dashie? Excellent.

That's not how you spell Twilight Sparkle! ;)
That's not how you spell Pinkie Pie!

SwordFox
02-14-2012, 01:03 AM
No, no... My spell checker is informing me that Rainbow Dash is indeed spelt correctly.

Hollycat
02-14-2012, 01:37 AM
it has a virus

Agent Proto
02-14-2012, 02:10 AM
One that makes his spell checker 20% cooler.

Hollycat
02-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Well played worthy adversary

Jiro
02-14-2012, 02:30 AM
There's a brony poster on a dorm door around here. I want to knock and say hello but I'm worried he'll be like you guys :greenie:

Hollycat
02-14-2012, 02:37 AM
There's a brony poster on a dorm door around here. I want to knock and say hello but I'm worried he'll be like you guys :greenie:

So handsome and talented that he makes you question your sexuality?

Jiro
02-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Yeah pretty much.

SwordFox
02-16-2012, 04:57 PM
I find it funny that in my intro post I said I'd try not to pony up the place too much, and now my very intro thread has turned into a brony debate forum. :D

Jiro
02-16-2012, 05:18 PM
There's not really a debate, you guys are all pretty cool :p

PS you rock SwordFox, your name is kickass and you're from the motherland so please continue to be awesome around the place.

SwordFox
02-16-2012, 08:14 PM

PS you rock SwordFox, your name is kickass and you're from the motherland so please continue to be awesome around the place.
Haha, thanks. That's, uh... Quite an endorsement. xD

I shall do my best to preserve the awesome and rid the land of fail. WITH MY SWORD BY MY SIDE AND MY TEA IN MY BODY.

Now I just need to get a sig to work. I tried one but it was too big and I made another one that fits all the specifications but the forum still seems to be refusing to acknowledge the vast amounts of win it contains. D:<

Hollycat
02-16-2012, 08:23 PM

Haha, thanks. That's, uh... Quite an endorsement. xD

I shall do my best to preserve the awesome and rid the land of fail. WITH MY SWORD BY MY SIDE AND MY TEA IN MY BODY.

Now I just need to get a sig to work. I tried one but it was too big and I made another one that fits all the specifications but the forum still seems to be refusing to acknowledge the vast amounts of win it contains. D:<
I can make a sig if you want, just tell me what you want in it, whether you prefer hand drawn or mash up or gif, and black and white or color.

That said, while I am proud of my drawing skills, there are many here whom are better at computer art.

SwordFox
02-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Could you make this smaller so it fits on the forum? :P

http://i.imgur.com/UccDO.gif

Nah, I'd just like some help getting a sig to show up on this bloody thing full stop!

I made a quick silly one in MS Paint. It's in JPG format, it's well within the size limit both in terms of file size and pixels, but it still won't show up. I've tried uploading it from the computer, linking to it on imgur and just inserting the picture in the sig as I would if it was a post.

Nothing is showing up graaaaaah! D:<

Edit: IT WORKS! O:

Ah, now I see why I didn't think any of the sigs were working. Apparently sig updates don't apply themselves to posts I've already made, so I only saw it once I made a new post. That answers things!

Now, which sig is better... My animated sig or this one?

http://i.imgur.com/IokRM.jpg

Jiro
02-16-2012, 08:35 PM
The problem you experienced was likely due to the fact that you are 88px too wide. But I think we can convince the shinra to overlook this as the filesize is tiny and it's not stretching tables. ;)

SwordFox
02-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I dunno, it was doing the same thing for my expertly drawn dog signature as well. :p

Thanks, though. 688px is the new cool. :cool:

But yeah, if it is a problem then just let me know. It's only like it is because I can't edit it very well. I made an animated sig years ago when I went by a different online alias, and I don't have the original frames or sprites anymore, only the complete sig. So I had to print screen and crop the sig to get the frames and just use MSPaint's eraser tool to get rid of all the stuff in the middle and put a fat chocobo and my forum name there and run it through a gif animator. xD

I'd make another, but it seems to be rather hard to track down the sprites I want. Not sure why, I used to be able to find them easily.

Pike
02-17-2012, 01:12 AM
I find it funny that in my intro post I said I'd try not to pony up the place too much, and now my very intro thread has turned into a brony debate forum. :D

I think you'll find that the forum is pretty much already ponied up :tongue:

Bubba
02-17-2012, 01:30 AM
I don't get the brony thing. I've never met anyone with that much passion for MLP

Jiro
02-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Internet meeting people is still meeting people! :p

Shlup
02-18-2012, 03:15 AM
I've already spoken to you elsewhere on the forums, but I feel bad for forgetting about newbie threads lately so here's your official welcome from me:

HI SWORDFOX. HI! WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?