PDA

View Full Version : [Graphic Design] Business Cards

Shiny
02-11-2012, 12:16 AM
An Illustrator design I did with a friend of mine.

BACK OF THE CARD 35602

FRONT OF THE CARD 35603
Click images for full resolution.

Please feel free to share your own business card designs for ideas, critiques, whatever!

Pheesh
02-11-2012, 01:10 AM
Very trendy. But... does he even have a watermark? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cISYzA36-ZY)

CimminyCricket
02-15-2012, 07:44 PM
I like it! It's simple without being boring and unattractive.

Jessweeee♪
02-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Business cards are the worst thing in the world and I will burn all of them.

Madonna
02-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Horrible. The camera is too front heavy and the legs need to be the same length. The clapperboard is not centered in its circle. The V in VFX looks dodgy near at its vertex. Why is there grey for the sound wave? I do not even want to open the front image in a graphic editor to see if those circles are on the same y plane. What is more off-centered horizontally, the four circles or the blue, ah, rectangle and accompanying text? More on the text: bolder and thicker; the idea is to read the job titles, not the slashes between. The blue backside is the only thing generally acceptable. Why blue, by the by, when the front is white? I do not understand the margin setting for beginning the list of contact info, but at least they are pretty straight-forward and the icons are clear.

For a general idea/rough draft, it is fine, but as a finished product, it could use some work.

One thing a design needs to be is consistent. Center every icon in their circles. That back leg on the camera? Extend it out of the circle if need be; your VFX does it and that is fine. Just get rid of the extra grey wave; the black one relates to the rest of the icons. A good suggestion is to check out the heights of each icon and adjust them so their heights become one height. You said you are doing this in Adobe Illustrator? There should be an option to group objects together. Do that, and you can align all your groups horizontally and vertically as needed, as well as space out the circles and icons accordingly. I know everyone likes a cool font, but an easily legible one goes a lot further in what should be a practical item. That goes, too, for the name and contact information. I think that covers pretty much all of that.

Shiny
02-16-2012, 04:44 AM
All the items are grouped so we can manipulate them individually. I agree that the camera legs do look funky and so does the clapperboard. The gray sound wave was added by someone else. The black sound wave just looked like squiggles, with the gray added in back of it gave it some depth. However, I'll probably be changing it to something like this:

http://cs.smith.edu/dftwiki/images/0/04/SoundWave.jpg

Since that's what sound waves actually look like on the audio editing software I use.

The original sound wave my friend put wasn't even close to a sound wave. It just looked like a line graph. Good critiques!